Expecting a 5 star treatment - then you would be disappointed at that. Once upon a time it was sought after hotel to stay for its proximity to the Chennai airport, this is one hotel that has not lifted itself up the value chain and has gone down the line - rooms and service are just manageable types not in the class of 5 star. If I have to compare them on par with Pune Marriott class the i would rate it 3 / 10 while Pune Marriott would stand at 8/10 and for that money that you pay in LeM - it is not that class. Food is ok. Best thing about this is the Lobby. Pool side was also disappointing. Visit was in late 2012 with a client.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Very close to the airport and to several commercial landmarks and strategically located in Chennai’s prime business district, Le Royal Meridien Chennai exudes grace and charisma offering a promise of unrivalled hospitality.Le Royal Méridien Chennai features meeting and banquet space for up 1,500 guests, five restaurants and bars, a state-of-the-art fitness centre, and a splendid outdoor swimming pool with whirlpool. A travel desk is in the hotel’s lobby assists guests as they experience the sights of Chennai, including the Marina Beach, temple architecture, a vibrant theatre scene, and a five week-long Music Season, one of the world’s largest cultural events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Le Royal Meridien Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Royal Meridien Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Chennai Meridien
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa