“Nice Hotel - VERY dishonest billing practices”

Le Royal Meridien Chennai
Ranked #25 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel is very nice for the area. However, upon check out, I found approximately $900.00 worth of "In-Room Snack Bar Charges". I stayed there for only 5 days! I learned that I was being charged for 2 bottles of Cognac each night . . I DO NOT DRINK. Plus just about everything else contained on the snack bar. I have given them several opportunities to correct the bill, but they simply refuse, even though I legitimately spent approximately $2,000.00 in dinner for my staff and meals while there.

As a result, I have directed my travel department to discontinue using this hotel for all lodging needs while in India. We are, instead using an alternative hotel. Before staying at this hotel, you may want to explore other options, as you will no option to dispute your charges with veracity after you leave. It is not worth the trouble.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Le Royal Meridien Chennai

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I had booked a buffet lunch treat for my colleagues and the service and the items which were provided were awesome.... the guests were served well and they were all happy about the food and the service... and the surprise cake cutting which was arranged by the hotel was stupendous.. and was an amazing experience for me ... i would like to thank Sandeep Kumar for making my treat a grand success.. and thanks to all the staff and the management who made my treat a memorable one..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
DilawarN, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai!
Thank you for dining with us and appreciating our services and offerings on this public forum. Le Royal Meridien Chennai offers the best of everything to guests to make you feel comfortable and your experience memorable.
We are pleased to know that you found our offering in sync with your expectations and that our associates were able to take good care of you. We have shared your kind remarks with Sandeep and team that have motivated them to continue performing to the best of their abilities.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Hotel needs some updating decor wise but does not detract from the great food and service.
Breakfast was great and the food at the bar was equally of high quality. The bar staff were attentive and couldnt do enough for us - Sushil really looked after us.

Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai!
Thank you for staying at our hotel and appreciating our services and offerings on this public forum. Le Royal Meridien Chennai offers the best of everything to guests to make you feel comfortable and your experience memorable.
We are pleased to know that you found our offering in sync with your expectations and that our associates were able to take good care of you. We have shared your kind remarks with our team members that have motivated them to continue performing to the best of their abilities.
we are going under renovation for the changes you have highlighted.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The management Mr Stanley as been outstanding in every way to ensure a pleasant stay. I must say that the entire staff have maintained the highest standard ever. I wish to express my heartest thanks and words of comfort from Ms Sofia Paul and Mr Ram (Dome) whom I spent most of my time due to the fact that I was feeling unwell. Once again thanks to all staff and management. I am looking forward in returning in November 2014.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 April 2014

10 out of 10!!!!!
Rarely do I take the time to send feedback but in this case the staff at Le Royal Meridian Chennai deserve many thanks! Every single person who crossed my path was friendly and extremely helpful. Attention to detail, willingness to go above and beyond, the list goes on.
You made my stay in Chennai an amazing experience.
THANK YOU!!!!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Excellent service in all F&B outlets, laundry and rooms.
The hotel itself is a bit dated, especially the rooms, however this is more than made up by its service.
It is also extremely well located, 10 minutes from the airport

Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai!
Thank you for staying at our hotel and appreciating our services and offerings on this public forum. Le Royal Meridien Chennai offers the best of everything to guests to make their stay comfortable and memorable. We are pleased to know that you found our offering in sync with your expectations. We have also shared your feedback with our Manager's and all the team members. We thank you again for your patronage and wonderful feedback and look forward to welcoming you again with another enriching experience.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Over all it's alright. Bed was not so comfy for a 5 star (as claimed). Things in room looked quite old but well maintained. The air conditioner was very freezing inside the room, even I already adjusted it as much as I possibly can. I guess it's central air-conditioner.

The hotel was quite big, I think this place is good for conference / business occasion. I used the airport transfer sercice (with fee) there was no problem. I also paid for day trip travel service around Chennai (just for an afternoon), arranged by the hotel at good value price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
DilawarN, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai.
We would like to thank you for choosing at Le Royal Meridien Chennai for your stay and sharing your feedback which will surely help us to improve.
Please accept my apologies for your unpleasant experience and the inconvenience caused. It is our constant endeavor to exceed your expectations and to build a long-term relationship with valuable guest like yourself. We have noted the concerns highlighted by you and will ensure that timely actions are taken.
I do hope that you will be able to put this one off experience deviation behind you and give us another opportunity to serve you. Once again, thank you for sparing your valuable time for your feedback and we look forward to be your hosts soon again.
Regards,