“Comfortable stay”

Le Royal Meridien Chennai
Ranked #24 of 388 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Bengaluru, India
“Comfortable stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I had a one night stay here and I felt the food was really good, Rooms are fine. Service was OK. However I felt one gets lost in the hotel. It is at good location in between Airport and City which is a good advantage

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
DilawarN, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai!
Thank you for staying at our hotel and appreciating our services and offerings on this public forum. Le Royal Meridien Chennai offers the best of everything to guests to make their stay comfortable and memorable. We are pleased to know that you found our offering in sync with your expectations. We have also shared your feedback with our Manager's and all the team members. We thank you again for your patronage and wonderful feedback and look forward to welcoming you again with another enriching experience.
Dilawar Singh Nindra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

visited the hotel for lunch and dinner several times and I just loved the food each time...great buffet spreads.... recently tried the bar and the ambience was really great except the fact that AC was set to little high on the place where I was seated and seems like they don't have a way to control it on specific spots...atleast that is the reason I got from the bartender..the food ordered at the bar was also fresh and great. thinking to host my little one's birthday here next year and hope Le meridian Chennai meets my expectations in all corners.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai!
Thank you for staying at our hotel and appreciating our services and offerings on this public forum. Le Royal Meridien Chennai offers the best of everything to guests to make you feel comfortable and your experience memorable.
We are pleased to know that you found our offering in sync with your expectations and that our associates were able to take good care of you. We have shared your kind remarks with our team members that have motivated them to continue performing to the best of their abilities.
we are going under renovation for the changes you have highlighted.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel is very nice for the area. However, upon check out, I found approximately $900.00 worth of "In-Room Snack Bar Charges". I stayed there for only 5 days! I learned that I was being charged for 2 bottles of Cognac each night . . I DO NOT DRINK. Plus just about everything else contained on the snack bar. I have given them several opportunities to correct the bill, but they simply refuse, even though I legitimately spent approximately $2,000.00 in dinner for my staff and meals while there.

As a result, I have directed my travel department to discontinue using this hotel for all lodging needs while in India. We are, instead using an alternative hotel. Before staying at this hotel, you may want to explore other options, as you will no option to dispute your charges with veracity after you leave. It is not worth the trouble.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I had booked a buffet lunch treat for my colleagues and the service and the items which were provided were awesome.... the guests were served well and they were all happy about the food and the service... and the surprise cake cutting which was arranged by the hotel was stupendous.. and was an amazing experience for me ... i would like to thank Sandeep Kumar for making my treat a grand success.. and thanks to all the staff and the management who made my treat a memorable one..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
DilawarN, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai!
Thank you for dining with us and appreciating our services and offerings on this public forum. Le Royal Meridien Chennai offers the best of everything to guests to make you feel comfortable and your experience memorable.
We are pleased to know that you found our offering in sync with your expectations and that our associates were able to take good care of you. We have shared your kind remarks with Sandeep and team that have motivated them to continue performing to the best of their abilities.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Hotel needs some updating decor wise but does not detract from the great food and service.
Breakfast was great and the food at the bar was equally of high quality. The bar staff were attentive and couldnt do enough for us - Sushil really looked after us.

Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai!
we are going under renovation for the changes you have highlighted.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

The management Mr Stanley as been outstanding in every way to ensure a pleasant stay. I must say that the entire staff have maintained the highest standard ever. I wish to express my heartest thanks and words of comfort from Ms Sofia Paul and Mr Ram (Dome) whom I spent most of my time due to the fact that I was feeling unwell. Once again thanks to all staff and management. I am looking forward in returning in November 2014.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

10 out of 10!!!!!
Rarely do I take the time to send feedback but in this case the staff at Le Royal Meridian Chennai deserve many thanks! Every single person who crossed my path was friendly and extremely helpful. Attention to detail, willingness to go above and beyond, the list goes on.
You made my stay in Chennai an amazing experience.
THANK YOU!!!!