“Comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Fortune, Chennai

My Fortune, Chennai
Ranked #37 of 386 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Bengaluru, India
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

It's a comfortable place - comfortable rooms, decent food, very central location in chennai. Everything is nice and comfortable That's about it - nothing spectacular or extraordinary. And decent value for money.
The only issue is the gym which is very cramped and kind of sparse in number of equipments... The staff is courteous but I think inherited from the chola Sheraton which has now become My Fortune - hence not as energetic as one would expect, but they are definitely a courteous bunch...
The best part is it is bang in the center of the city...
In short good for a quick business trip - don't expect too much and u will be fine... ;-)

Room Tip: Doesn't matter - the view is equally bad from all floors... ;-)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_R_Uthup, General Manager at My Fortune, Chennai, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank You for your review of your stay with us at My Fortune Chennai !

Thank you for the detailed observations and valued suggestions

We look forward to welcoming you back to My Fortune Chennai for a even more delightful experience.

Matthew Roby Uthup

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
New Delhi, India
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,335 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

The hotel is located about 45 min drive from airport.
The rooms are spacious, tastefully decorated and well maintained. The hotel rooms are well stocked with amenities. The staff is very friendly and courteous.
The breakfast included in plan is very good and gives a good start to the day.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. However, in restaurant choose a window side table.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Delhi_Traveller1965
Matthew_R_Uthup, General Manager at My Fortune, Chennai, responded to this review, 17 March 2014

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.

It is reviews like this which motivate us to try even harder to achieve even higher Guest satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back to My Fortune Chennai for an even more delightful experience.

Aarhus, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

At arrival we (4 persons in 4 rooms) had a quick check-in and our rooms was upgraded.
The room had no flat iron as advertised, but one was instantly delivered when asked for.
I could hear every sound from the neighbours room - which calls for patience when praying start at 5am.
The staff was friendly and helpful in every request, except one of the waiters in the restaurant, who served more food than ordered and also billed us for this. It felt like a cheap trick covered by bad communication.
The breakfast was excellent with a buffet containing both continental and traditional breakfast and an omelet cook that understood the order "make it spicy - local spicy".
Nice pool. Fine bar.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Matthew_R_Uthup, General Manager at My Fortune, Chennai, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank You for your review of your stay with us at My Fortune Chennai !

Thank you for the detailed observations and valued suggestions

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My Fortune Chennai always makes me feel welcome and comfortable which is very essential when you are away from home.The staff are warm and friendly and the food is excellent. (I hear the Chef has a few secrets up his sleeve to make things interesting).The hotel has a very traditional feel and charm mixed with amenities to serve the modern professional.Rooms are spacious and well appointed to address a travelers needs. I know I will be going back very soon.
Big thanks to the staff and hope they keep up the good work.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_R_Uthup, General Manager at My Fortune, Chennai, responded to this review, 17 February 2014

Chandigarh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel twice on our South Trip. Great property with excellent staff!

The suite rooms are huge with separate living area. Rooms are tastefully decorated with modern facilities. Bathrooms are spacious and very functional.

Breakfast Buffet has a good variety and the Dosas are absolutely yummy! Loved the Pastry/Cakes corner.... :-)

The local Taxi/Auto drivers know this hotel by the old name - Chola. My Fortune is the new name and not many people know about it.

Room Tip: Prefer the Club Rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rasneet
Matthew_R_Uthup, General Manager at My Fortune, Chennai, responded to this review, 2 February 2014

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel as it was close to The Music Academy where I was scheduled to attend a concert. This hotel was formerly known as "Chola Sherton".

The restaurants are very nice and the property is a 4 star and is excellent for business and family stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

After a busy day, all you need is some good food and a good sleep. I wanted to have some traditional chicken delicacy with a set dosai ! The chef was kind enough to suggest chicken vartha curry and must say it was just amazing. Post a good food the room was so well done that had a nice sleep. Thank you so much ! I will definitely come soon to stay again ! Thanks. Vincent Bhatt

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Matthew_R_Uthup, General Manager at My Fortune, Chennai, responded to this review, 1 February 2014