“Just one night was too short”

Taj Coromandel Chennai
Ranked #4 of 437 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 4 October 2013

From the greeting onwards you couldn't have asked for more. I arrived after a long train journey from Mysore at 10pm at night. The hotel seeing how tired I was checked me in very quickly asked if they could organise dinner for me or do anything. When we went to my room I was even asked if they could make me a tea - wonderful service, just what you would expect from a Taj. I had one of the heritage suits and it was large and airy. There was a wonderful bowl of assorted fruits waiting for me which was all I felt like at that time of night. Breakfast was excellent and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Chennai

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Prakash N, General Manager at Taj Coromandel Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.
I am happy to note that your stay in the newly-renovated room at Taj Coromandel with enhanced facilities has met your expectations. We are grateful to you for your kind words of encouragement for our associates.
General Manager – Taj Coromandel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,224)

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I recently stayed in Taj Coromandel with my family. A wonderful property of Taj, Nice rooms with a cool bathroom..The shower was amazing...Rooms were fitted with home theatre system and I did watch a movie with great sound effects...

The swimming pool was great and the life guard @ the pool was very helpful. The Change rooms were top notch..Breakfast was tooooo good...

One of the best stays I had in India...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

It is a great place to stay and the location is also very central . There are many places to see in chennai and can be made possible from here. The location is lively and we can move out all the time as the road is always with traffic round the clock.

Room Tip: The rooms above the 5th floor are peaceful and quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Tripadvisor.
I would like to inform you that we have just launched Captivating Chennai – a bouquet of bespoke destination experiences curated by the Hotel. We do hope you will be able to experience one of these tours to explore the deep-rooted art, heritage and culture of this vibrant city.
We are grateful to you for choosing to stay at the Taj Coromandel and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Amazing Experience in Taj. Very calm location. Rooms are excellent. Nice lighting. Well Furnisshed Rooms. Very Cooperative Staffs. Amazing Food and Lot of Verieties. Rooms are comfortable. Very good Cable and Wifi Services

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Prakash N, General Manager at Taj Coromandel Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.
I am happy to note that the newly renovated room with enhanced technology at Taj Coromandel has met your expectations. Our associates are motivated to receive your appreciation.
I hope you had a chance to dine at our award-winning South Indian specialty restaurant – Southern Spice. If not, please do try it on your next visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed at the Taj for 10 days. I can honestly say that I have never stayed in a nicer hotel. The service was impeccable. Th.e staff paid attention to the most minute details. My favorite items? The dining experiences within the hotel and the health club. I also enjoyed the room amenities such as the sound system and the incredible shower. I KNOW I will be staying at the Taj during my next visit to Chennai!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am elated to note that your experience at the Taj Coromandel has met your expectations. It is heartening to read that our associates have taken care of your every need during your stay.
I would like to inform you that we will soon be launching the Jiva Spa complex adjacent to the pool, which will further enhance the leisure experience at the Hotel.
It would be our pleasure to have you with us at Taj Coromandel on your next visit to Chennai.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

This hotel is pretty decent and would appear generally good, but not quite as good as the usual Taj standard. Its a fairly old property and has a classic feel to it. The bathrooms could do with some renovation though. Nice sizeable rooms.

Staff is generally polite and attentive, though on an earlier occasion I had a nightmare of a time trying to make a reservation, so much so, that I chose to book another hotel.

The Indian food is really good, they have got it exactly right.

Rates are reasonable.

Room Tip: go to a higher floor and get a good view of the city
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.
The Taj Coromandel has been going through a phase-wise renovation, which will soon be extended to the rooms that you have stayed in as well. I am glad to note that your recent experience has helped changed your perception about interacting with our associates.
We are grateful to you for choosing to stay at the Taj Coromandel and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Had an osm experience being in Taj coromandel. Very calm ambience. Excellent, rooms, with full electronic lighting and climate control. extremely comfy sofa settee in room and beds. Cable. Wi-fi. Well appointed with tasteful, modern decor. Bathrooms are roomy with excellent amenities.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.
I am glad to note that your stay was comfortable and that the amenities in our newly-renovated rooms have met your expectations. We hope you had a chance to dine at our specialty restaurants – Golden Dragon serving authentic Schezwan and Cantonese cuisine, and Southern Spice, the iconic South Indian cuisine restaurant. If not, I would like to recommend you do so on your next visit.