Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Suriya International Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
  • Restaurant
The Iris Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
The Residency Towers(Chennai (Madras))
Kences Inn(Chennai (Madras))
Samco Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
Malles Manotaa(Chennai (Madras))
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
Sakithyan Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
  • Room Service
FabHotel Blossoms T Nagar(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
Urvashi International Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
1,152 results
All reviewst nagarvalue for moneypondy bazaarbusiness hotelroom serviceexcellent serviceexcellent hotelbreakfast spreadgreat ambiencethe heart of the citytravel deskexcellent staynon vegmodern amenitiescomfortable staycoffee shopbusiness trip
Reviewed 22 March 2012

It is a 4 star property. It is as good as a 5 star environment except that the food is South Indian oriented. Excellent hospitality. We stayed for three nights having booked it only the previous day. The location is very good as it is just off the Anna Salai. The restuant is located on the ground floor.

Room Tip: Nothing to be very specific about
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
ChennaiGrtgrand, General Manager at Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the positive feedback on Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team, who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations, every time you stay with us.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

we had a wonderful stay at the hotel with very good cosy rooms , excellent staff , hospitality & tasty food. Airport p/u & drop was very good. Impressive interiors. drawback was the swimming pool & other recreation facilities were under repairs , could not enjoy them.
Affordable deals on rates for family. very near to shopping area is a great plus. worth visiting again.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor are superb with great view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 March 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel. The first stay was not very pleasant. But this time I stayed here because an American colleague had made reservations in the same Hotel. And when I mentioned my unpleasant experience ( last time ) during check in they immediately upgraded me to a better room without any charge.That is appreciated. I THINK the only upgrade item was a FOOT massager and that was good.
The complementary breakfast is very good and good variety. You get Hot Dosas and omelette. The masala tea was superb. I also ate 2 dinners in the In - House Restaurant and the food was very delicious.
The Hotel is somewhat old and they need to do something about that. One can see the ageing. They charge like a 4 Star but I would rate is just as a 3 star ( however, I would prefer a newer 3 Star Hotel if given the option ) . The Bed is just good enough and not super comfortable or cozy. The towels are not bright white. The television set is a 100 years old ( exaggerated ! ).
The 8th floor has Club rooms which I guess may be much better and more expensive.
Location of the Hotel is very much in the city and there is a shopping street just nearby called as Pondy Street.
They have fast elevators. And the Lobby is really spacious and well lighted.

Room Tip: If you have more budget, try the CLUB room. I think these may be better than the standard ones.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank worldtrotterrke

Dear Sir,

I have made note of the candid feedback that you have given and would like to assure you that necessary corrections would be brought in, from our end.

Sasikumar. U

Reviewed 18 March 2012

The name is grand but the rooms are not do grand. I stayed for a couple of nights at this very reasonably priced hotel a couple of weeks ago. The rooms are a bit old with furniture chipped and cracked. Old crt tv with limited channels. Beds are not the most comfortable around either. Make sure you ask for a room far away from any of the smoking rooms! Good thing is that wireless internet is free. Amenities and toiletaries are very average. The hotel has a few very nice restaurants and bars. The lounge restaurant features a very nice buffet priced at ~Rs 750. Lobby Bar is pretty decent too. Staff are very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank SVG108

Sasikumar. U

Reviewed 6 March 2012

My son and I went along with my husbaNd on his business trip to Chennai, India. It was my first time in India and GRT Grand made me love the country even more. From the doorman, reception, waiters, housekeeping staff and security, they all made sure we all felt at home. Everyone has been so exceptionally kind, friendly and accommodating.
Security personnel can be seen every floor, which will make you feel secure.
The only drawback was that the pool was under renovation on the duration of our stay but nonetheless, it didnt faze me out one bit. You can always step outdoor, have some coffee at the coffee shop right across the street. There's also KFC and Pizza Hut within the area should you be craving for food other than Indian cuisine.
We should also like to thank Gopi for being so kind to us.
Thank you, GRT Grand for our amazing stay. You are definitely one of Chennai's charms.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business