This hotel is definitely one of the cheaper options available in Chennai. However, it is only slightly cheaper than other Taj properties and definitely not worth the price charged. They had put me in their old tower and the rooms were badly maintained. The bathroom specially seemed a century old. Breakfast was poor and so was their cafe. I had to host a business dinner in one of their reputed restaurants but was highly disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai is the city's only heritage hotel, built in 1854 as the Imperial Hotel, renamed Albany in 1886, finally re-established as The Connemara in 1890. It was an Art Deco look that the Connemara sported when it ‘reopened’ in 1937. And the legendary architect Geoffrey Bawa added his touch to the tower block and linking pool in 1974. Today it is infused with the spirited style of Vivanta by Taj. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, DerbySoftTaj, Southall Travel, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Connemara, Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Hotel Taj Connemara Chennai