A Very Nice Heritage Hotel. This was the II Heritage Hotel that I had ever stayed till now. Not so big but cute. All the Antiques (statues et al) placed everywhere including inside the rooms, the Paintings, the old photoes were all a delight in seeing (& reading). The Surroundings & the Pool are quite pleasant where you can enjoy walking around seeing many more temple ruins etc., placed here & there. Service was quite good and the food was good in all the restaurants. The Meeting of the Rotary Club, Chennai happening here every week (Tuesday) since MORE THAN 85 Years ! REALLY GREAT. Love to Stay here whenever possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai is the city's only heritage hotel, built in 1854 as the Imperial Hotel, renamed Albany in 1886, finally re-established as The Connemara in 1890. It was an Art Deco look that the Connemara sported when it ‘reopened’ in 1937. And the legendary architect Geoffrey Bawa added his touch to the tower block and linking pool in 1974. Today, it is infused with the spirited style of Vivanta by Taj. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Connemara, Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Hotel Taj Connemara Chennai