The moment you walk into this place you know the service will be excellent and it didn't disappoint. Whatever your needs, the staff are attentive and there always seems to be a member of staff nearby, nothing is too much trouble. The hotel is clean and provided excellent facilities. The location is very central for Chennai and ideal for exploring the malls at Spenser Plaza and Express Avenue. The hotel has three restaurants, Hip Asia and Raintree were our favourites, the range and standard of food was excellent, the service matched that standard too. Breakfast was excellent as well, the setting, overlooking the pool was a great start to the day. If ever in Chennai again, I will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai is the city's only heritage hotel, built in 1854 as the Imperial Hotel, renamed Albany in 1886, finally re-established as The Connemara in 1890. It was an Art Deco look that the Connemara sported when it ‘reopened’ in 1937. And the legendary architect Geoffrey Bawa added his touch to the tower block and linking pool in 1974. Today, it is infused with the spirited style of Vivanta by Taj. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoftTaj, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Connemara, Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Hotel Taj Connemara Chennai