In spite of the age and the creaky plumbing, the Connemara remains a favourite. Got upgraded to a massive Heritage Room, which is superb. And the food was great - both room service and coffee shop. And service is top class.
Old old grouse things - the gym is still too small and limited in equipment - can improve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai is the city's only heritage hotel, built in 1854 as the Imperial Hotel, renamed Albany in 1886, finally re-established as The Connemara in 1890. It was an Art Deco look that the Connemara sported when it ‘reopened’ in 1937. And the legendary architect Geoffrey Bawa added his touch to the tower block and linking pool in 1974. Today, it is infused with the spirited style of Vivanta by Taj. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Southall Travel, DerbySoftTaj, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Connemara, Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Hotel Taj Connemara Chennai