“Clean, comfortable and exceptionally courteous service.”

Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai
Ranked #20 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Positives: clean comfortable room, exceptionally courteous, excellent service in providing a driver when needed, good buffet breakfast.

Things I wish were better: (1) better dinner menu.....the menu was extensive in options but I found few choices that appealed to my taste. I'd prefer more simple basic choices such as a large salad (Greek, Mediterranean, Veg, etc). The focus appears to be on fancy food choices that generally miss the mark in authenticity. The Mid-eastern street cafe was a great idea, but I saw very little authenticity in duplicating the simple recipies. (2) Spa was very disappointing. The spa is heavily promoted by the hotel. I hadn't used it during previous trips but finally decided to give it a try. I opted for the basic relaxation massage which was $60 for 1 hr. That seemed a bit costly by Indian norms, but it's a good price when compared to the similar services in the West. What I got however was very disappointing, and not worth $60. Essentially, the massage consisted of just spreading oil with no real muscle massage. I wonder if message "therapist" are trained in how to do a massage?

3  Thank companynickle
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai

Reviewed 14 March 2011

A beautiful Hotel by the Bay of Bengal.. We had gone for a destination Wedding and everything was very well arranged by the Hotel. The staff was courteous, the rooms were very spacious and the room service was great.. It was a wonderful experience..

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2011

Dear Sir,

I thank you for your response and feedback on your stay. We look forward to welcome you back when your travels bring you to Chennai.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 March 2011

Every thing was nice. Particularly the GKF. Checkout take time. I wasted more than 20 mnts at the reception before the bills and payment is done. I have called and confirmed before 30 mnts that checking out soon.

Dear Sir,

I thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am concerned on your feedback regarding the time taken during the checkout and will ensure that this is rectified immidiately. We do have an option of Express Check out or even a room check out where your check out is facilitated in the privacy of your room.

I hope to see you back soon and wait to welcome you back in the hotel

Mobile:9840741379

Reviewed 5 March 2011

Spent fourteen days at this hotel and we really appreciated the attention we received. Dining in the garden room buffet provided great choices. The club lounge as an extra was well worth it for ambience and access to the Internet. The room was clean and the bed really comfortable. The drivers were provided by the hotel and were very good. Polite and responsive. The location was convenient for our visiting family and the airport but going into the city was a nightmare, the traffic is getting worse. Finally I enjoyed swimming in the pool but I suggest that you find a way of screening the pool ( perhaps a few plants ) as it can be viewed from the dining room and as a lady swimmer it made me feel a little uncomfortable.

• Stayed: February 2011
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2011

Dear Madam,

Thank you for the encouraging response . I am sure this will motivate us to perform better to give the best to our guests.
I have noted your concern on the swimming pool and will ensure we make a screen with plants so that it is comfortable for the lady guests to swim.

I look forward to welcome you back when your travels brings you to Chennai.

regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2011

Very clean modern hotel. Excellent amenities if rooms slightly on the small side. Good large pool open till late. Restaurant had an excellent breakfast buffet, one of the best I have had. Interestingly would recommend the pastries - India not known for its cakes and pastries generally.
Dinner was adequate, but cool idea of having an ice cream bar in the hotel foyer. The staff at the travel and concierge desk excellent. Though the restaurant staff were a bit junior and made mistakes with our order.
Main problem is the location - about 45 mins to an hour and a half from central Chennai (depending on traffic)

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family

Dear Sir,

I thank you for your response and feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy that we have been able to meet your expectations. I apologise for the restaurant staff who have not been able to delight you completely and I will take it upon myself to ensure that they are better trained to offer a world class experience.

I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2011

My stay with your Hotel was a very satisfying experience. When I entered your hotel, I saw at many places signs indicating your committment to 100% Customer Satisfaction. At that time, I wondered how you were doing it. However, within minutes of my arrival there, I started getting the feel of extreme comfort. In fact, I realised that the hotel representative who had come to pick me up from the airport was standing ahead of all the persons waiting to welcome their guests. Later, when he handed me over to the driver of the hotel cab (immaculately dressed, well cultured), I was delighted to see an electric massager on the seat of the cab. Even the lady at the hotel security check was very smiling, but professional.
In the hotel, the front desk executive Anima lead me to my room and made it a point to explain discrete details of the facilities available. She's great. My special appreciation for her. Everything was perfectly operational (seldom in good hotels) and ALL hotel employees were very courteous.
I also have a compliment to pay to the Travel desk service. All my requests were attended to in just a couple of minutes.
Indeed my best stay in a long time! I am delighted!!

Reviewed 1 March 2011

We stayed here for just part of one day before another flight. It's very close to the airport and they had someone meet us and take us to the car for the short ride to the hotel. Great service - the staff was eager to please. The room was very comfortable with good a/c, a safe, even cookies and fruit complimentary. We used the computer and printer in the business center for boarding passes, free of charge. The pool was also nice. We ate at the bar/pub and at the buffet restaurant, good food. After check-out, they drove us back to the airport. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple