“Homely”

Hanu Reddy Residences Poes Garden
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Absolutely loved this place.

- Homely in all aspects.
- Food was exceptionally simple and homely. Prepared fresh unlike most commercial establishments.
- Location is great - in the heart of the city, but tucked away in a street that runs deep and is quite posh. This makes the place pretty quiet allowing you peace of mind, and at the same time has a great neighborhood.
- Staff are very courteous, and help you with whatever you would need.
- Breakfast is pretty much conventional south Indian food; add eggs to that. Sumptuous, simple and delicious.
- Value for money.

Overall, a great stay. I would definitely recommend this place.

PS: I was told that they only have rooms with two beds (and not a double bed).

Room Tip: PS: I was told that they only have rooms with two beds (and not a double bed).
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HRResidences, Chief Operating Officer at Hanu Reddy Residences Poes Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recommendation for Hanu Reddy Residences. I am happy that you appreciate the quality of our food and services. It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests with the comfort of a home while traveling. We do have rooms with king size beds and queen beds. There seems to have been some miscommunication in this regard and I apologise for that. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My stay between May 1st- May 4th, at Hanu Reddy Residences (Chennai) was an awesome experience! These Residences are located plum in the heart of the town where all the fun & action is/are, and it was very easy getting to all major places of interest and commerce from here. Yet, the place is located in a tree-lined, serene, quiet, and well-lit cul-de-sac and is located in perhaps the safest part of the city. My wife, who stayed with me at the Residence felt that she could come and stay here on her own and have no safety-related concerns. Away from the buzz of the city, I was able to take nice walks in the evenings in a pollution-free and safe environment. I felt that it was a relaxing experience, reasonably priced. The food was good, simple, and homely - starting with a sumptuous breakfast - and I hardly had went out for dinner. For variety, I tried out some of the fine-dining restaurants that are available nearby. Ente Keralam, for example, was less than a block away. The staff, also, was friendly, prompt, simple, and aimed to please. The COO is an elegant lady who runs an efficient and customer focused team. As a senior customer-experience professional, I must say that, overall, my stay here was a great experience. This was definitely my home away from home. I will definitely be back to spend some quality time here on my next trip to Chennai.

Room Tip: Call early and let them know your needs.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

I am grateful for your kind words of appreciation for Hanu Reddy Residences. It was indeed a great pleasure to meet you and your wife. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you both again

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Two of my friends from US were visiting Chennai and wanted accommodation for 3 days. I contacted Hanu Reddy residencies thru my brother Dr.Srinvas and booked two rooms for them. They were all praise for their stay there - excellent service and good food. They said they will stay there whenever they visit Chennai again. Thanks for the service.

Anita Reddy

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

I thank you for recommending Hanu Reddy Residences to your friends and for encouraging them to stay with us. I am glad that they enjoyed our services and we look forward to hosting them again.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Previously I was staying in 4-5 star hotels in Chennai, but during one of the peak season I found this property on web & I really liked this great place, excellent courteous staff. They are serving very hygienic homely cooked food with excellent service. I can't think of staying in any other place in Chennai, its my Home Away from Home. Keep it up Team Hanu Reddy !

Room Tip: All rooms are value for money according to your budget
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for recommending Hanu Reddy Residences. It is a pleasure to have you as our guest.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at Hanu Reddy for the best part of the last year, 11 months to be exact, while working in Chennai. We do not have one bad word to say about it, our stay was an absolute pleasure. So much so that it hasd become our company's hotel of choice when management visit Chennai from our offices overseas.

The location is lovely, it really is a calm oasis in amongst the hustle and bustle of Chennai. It is also well located for shops and eateries on TTK and Cathedral Road, both less than 5 minutes walk away.

Our room was spacious, with a seperate kitchen area. Bathroom was also big, and a large closet. Everything was clean and tidy. Satellite TV and WIFI is also provided and we never experienced any problems with either.

There is a fitness centre with running machine, weights etc, fully air conditioned, which we used regularly.

Breakfast was lovely, traditional South Indian. Idli, Dosa etc, lovely!! Also provide eggs, toast etc for a 'Western' alternative. Dinner as well was always good, cooked to order so always fresh. Lovely Palak Paneer!!!

All of the staff, from Nirupama (thank you so much for everything), the chaps on the desk, all of the boys, were lovely. Anything we requested they delivered with a smile. Included an unexpected cake on my birthday!! A big thanks to Das, who looked after us fron start to finish!!

All in all we will definately be heading for Hanu Reddy when we return to Chennai. A big thank you to everybody for making our stay such a pleasure. Nanri!!! நன்றி !!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HRResidences, Chief Operating officer at Hanu Reddy Residences Poes Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Guest

It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest. We will all miss you after having you here for almost a year. You have a home in Hanu Reddy Residences and a special place in our hearts.
looking forward to having you back in Chennai.

Thank you!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had a very pleasant stay at the Hanu Reddy Residences at Poes Gardens between Mar 18-22, 2014. Great location, quiet surroundings, and beautiful grounds. Spacious and clean rooms (we got a room in the new wing with a dry bathroom). While the room itself was clean, the bathroom had some problems- the water from the shower seeped onto the rest of the bathroom floor. The housekeeping staff more than made up for any shortcomings. Overall the staff were extremely warm and responsive throughout, promptly addressing any issue that we raised. This included staff managing the place at the reception, as well as housekeeping and food services. Breakfast was very good. They also served tasty dinner on our request. We were pleasantly surprised at the excellent wifi connection. We would definitely strongly recommend this place outside of the well known hotel chains in Chennai.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 13 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Hanu Reddy Residences. I apologise for the problem with the shower and will ensure that the housekeeping staff are more efficient with the maintenance of fixtures and fittings.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Hanu Reddy Residences was a great find in a very central location that, thanks to the big names that live in the neighbourhood, is well maintained and extremely safe. The place is effiicently run and the rooms are comfortable. The coffee could have been better and so too the food but then there are several restaurants nearby that deliver. Friends from Chennai were pleasantly surprised to see the place and we would go back to staying there any time we are in Chennai

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I will make sure that you get a cup of fantastic filter coffee on your next visit. Looking forward to having you back with us.