The Leela Palace Chennai
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$179
US$221
  • Pool
Hilton Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$113
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$130
US$112
Trident, Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$145
US$122
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$119
US$114
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
US$85
US$61
Agoda.com
Taj Club House(Chennai (Madras))
US$171
US$78
The Accord Metropolitan(Chennai (Madras))
US$78
US$75
Hotels.com
The Residency Towers(Chennai (Madras))
US$86
US$74
1,711 results
All reviewssea viewchina xobay of bengalspectra restaurantbeautiful hotelpillow menuluxury hotelspecial thanksindian foodbreakfast buffetspecial mentionmemorable stayrooms are spaciousfront officeduty managerbusiness tripcoffee shop
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

From the moment of checking in and receiving a warm welcome and flowers to the - sad - deprture after having spent two wonderful days this hotel was pampering and enjoyable! I was here on business and managed to combine both work and pleasure. I had a sea facing room in an upper floor with a view of the gulf of Bengal and a bush-bordered lagoon next to the hotel inhabitated by Buffalos and a close-by village on the beach. The usual stark contrast of India: plush luxury, contrasting with the outside "less well maintained" area and nature. The hotel and the room offered all the amenities imhinable, the staff was all the time smiling, asking for additinal needs and fulfilling immediately every request. A huge breakfast restaurant offering Indian, japanese and continental choices facing the lagoon and the ocean. If you visit Chennai stay here! You will not regret it!

• Stayed: July 2013
Leela_Chennai, General Manager at The Leela Palace Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments on Trip Advisor. It is very encouraging and motivating for all of us to receive such positive feedback, especially on the opening stage.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at The Leela Palace Chennai in the very near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Leela palace is amazing simply. Ive been there thrice and never get tired :) It is one of the rarest place to find speed Internet in India. To start off, the service, is just amazing. You like your in a real palace, they treat you like a "prince and princess" and the decor is outstanding. One of my favorite employee is Neetu, she's always smiling.
I personally have a love for their washrooms. Your privacy is well-insured at the leela!

Spectra, the restaurant, is fab! Especially the Asian food. I can never resist the dim Sui and sushi!

Keep it up Leela :)

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest

We thank you also for mentioning one of our team members in particular and your message has been passed on.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed at the Leela palace for 1 week with my brother travelling on business. We opted for the 'suite dreams' package and it was good value for money. I couldn't fault the hotel on anything besides the wi-fi which still worked perfectly maybe 80% of the time.
It was great to get off a 10 hour flight and be picked up in a luxury BMW.
Check in was simple and all the staff were very friendly and as helpful as they could be.
The room was very spacious. We requested an extra bed and got it free of charge.
Mini-bar wasn't restocked everyday but there was still a good variety of drinks and snacks to choose from.
We drank in the Library bar several times and ate in Spectra nearly every night. Both nice places. Breakfast was good but it would've been nice if it went on a little later.

I had a few experiences getting tuk tuk's but you can always ask if the BMW's are available to take you somewhere for a few 1000rp depending on the destination. The driver meant well but on one of our trips he stopped off at a luxury shop selling jewellery, furniture etc and said to me and my brother he'd give us 15 minutes to browse. It was extremely difficult to get out of the shop without buying anything. The shopkeeper was trying to get me to buy something 'small' which was a ring at £28,000!

Not all tuk tuk drivers know the whereabouts of the hotel so make sure and always have the hotel address handy.
This was my first trip to India and it opened my eyes to a lot of poverty. It's not the hotel's fault but i didn't like the idea of being in a out of this world hotel looking out at a slum from one side of my room and the bay of bengal from the other but I've been told India is all the same.

If I decide to return to Chennai in the near future I will definitely return to the Leela palace.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank thelifeofdizzy
Leela_Chennai, General Manager at The Leela Palace Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such extensive and positive comments on Trip Advisor. It is very encouraging and motivating for all of us to receive such positive feedback, especially on the opening stage.

We were delighted to read about your week experience with us.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed in the executive suite and and it was wonderful with great attention to detail. The bed and the Master bath were excellent. I should mention the music system and the mini bar also. Only hitch would be the lack of master control for the shade lamps that were kept in every corner. A private dinner was requested by me and I was surprised by the way it was arranged. Roses, candles, floral arrangements and a bottle of wine to add to the excellent dinner. Hats off for that. Would go back again for sure and the bath tub here is really "Deep Soak".

Room Tip: The so called sea view rooms do not give a great view as you would expect ,so its better to go for the basic rooms since you ll have all the facilities there also. If its suites then they come with a sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Shreenath23

Dear Guest

Like you mentioned, The Leela Palace is a great place for celebrations and I was delighted to read about your satisfaction.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Very good caring staff and personalised care for regular guests. Room service is very good and tasty food. I enjoy the typical indian cuisine food - which is more authentic taste............................................

Room Tip: never been in spa
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends