“Interior locality”

The Leela Palace Chennai
Ranked #1 of 393 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Erode, India
“Interior locality”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Placed interior with shagy approch road Otherwise it has too good conference hall with a good audio system.Banquet hall is also spacious and neet. Food is okey nothing special to mention.
Rooms and other servies are Good

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SANKAR1161
Leela_Chennai, Manager at The Leela Palace Chennai, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such extensive and positive comments on Trip Advisor.

Your positive feedback about the hotel is very encouraging and a great source of motivation for all of us. We have taken note of your feedback on the food and will cirtainly improve on it.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at The Leela Palace Chennai in the very near future.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The Leela is synonymous with a quality luxury hotel product and top notch service. While the Leela Palace Chennai had all the signs of a quality luxury hotel product, the service was still weak. Unfortunately, the level of service was a bit too overbearing leaving guests feeling invaded rather than creating a more welcoming and comfortable experience. Everything interaction with the hotel staff was an over-the-top discussion with many waiters and staff asking multiple times for feedback and how much and if we liked the hotel. While feedback is imperative, making such explicit overtures (multiple times) is a bit too obtrusive. Furthermore, one more than one occasion, the staff often don't really listen to what the guests really want. In one instance, all I wanted was a one of the restaurant's menus brought up to the room. The staff member repeatedly asked me that they are happy to take our order and send up a F&B person to the room to talk about the menu! This is not what I wanted at all! Just the menu! This was only one instance! Even asking about the spa or the restaurants, the staff just wanted to provide a totally over-the-top offering without actually paying attention to what the guest wants which could just be as simple as answering a basic question. Although a five star hotel, the Leela needs to help staff understand that by catering to a guest's need in a more efficient and effective manner is far more powerful than offering an unnecessary service that was not required. Listen to the guest and service them with exactly what they require, anticipate their needs but don't go overboard with giving them something they don't want.

Overall the hotel is a good example of true indian service that I am sure will continue to improve over time.

Keep It Simple, is always a valuable motto.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank arajaram
Leela_Chennai, Manager at The Leela Palace Chennai, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive and positive comments on Trip Advisor.

I was however sorry to read about the few gaps in some of the service aspect and I completely agree that Listen to the guest and service them with exactly what they require, anticipate their needs but don't go overboard with giving them something they don't want.Be effective & efficiant.I sincerely apologize. Rest assure that it has been addressed with the concern Managers and I thank you for bringing these points to my attention.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The best place in chennai for a weekend nd the main attraction is the Library Blue which has the best bartender avinash hes just awsome and the way he makes a drink is just awsome and he attracts people with his new drinks and entertains people a lot and a best service

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Vineelchowdary
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such extensive and positive comments on Trip Advisor about your stay at The Leela Palace Chennai.

Your positive feedback about the hotel and the service is very encouraging and a great source of motivation for all of us. Thank you for highlighting our bartender Avinash in particular and will be recognized accordingly.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I can't say more than what the other travelers have had to say about the leela.
I had the best experience staying there. The rooms very super comfortable, the beds so lovely and a huge washroom. They ever took the care to bring food to the room from the complimentary table which not many hotels do. The only thing that I would like to request the hotel is that please mention that you would require identification for the plus one guest. I understand that this is a fantastic security measure but most travelers leave behind important identity cards in the event of a loss but nevertheless it is not a big deal to mention during reservation so that we guests comply with the house rules.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank s_bubblez
Dear Guest

Your positive feedback about the hotel is very encouraging and a great source of motivation for all of us.We have duly taken note of your sugesstion of informing the guest of house rules.

Chennai (Madras), India, Asia
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I have been going to Library Blu for quite some time and i always wonder how did everyone in this big city miss to review the Best Bar in the city. If i would have to pick one place in the city with a High Profile Bar and top class service it would be Library Blu.

I visited this place many a times. Bt My last visit was amazing. I had this one drink which totally blew my mind. Avinash bought in a machine which produced flavoured smoke and induced it into a Jar filled with drink and finally after a lot of process i had dis drink served on my table. I should say i havent tasted such Best cocktail in my entire life.

While the ambience in blue gives it the best feel in the dark to enjoy my drink, but the service is one thing i would keep going. Ask Rajesh to impress you with a drink and he wouldnt miss it or if ur in a mood to shots js as rajesh to make u few shooters.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ravikumar114
Dear Guest

Your positive feedback about the Library Blu is very encouraging and a great source of motivation for all of us.. Thank you for highlighting a few members of the team Avinash & Rajesh in particular and they have been recognized accordingly.

London
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is without doubt the best hotel I've ever stayed in and I've stayed in a lot of very good hotels! The staff were outstanding. Friendly and nothing too much trouble. The hotel itself is just beautiful and the food! What can I say about the food that doesn't sound over the top? We were treated to some of the best Indian quisine I have ever had in my life! As an Englishman I like to think I know a bit about what is now our national dish! However I have never experienced food this good before. Breakfast again was outstanding and at long last I had a proper cup of coffee! Strong and smooth made the Italian way!

By the way. Vipin, we still need to have that table tennis match! See you next year with my children in tow! :)

Room Tip: The sea view is ok but there is brackish water in between the hotel and the sea so I'm not sure...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slimbo33a
Dear Guest

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at The Leela Palace Chennai in the very near future and yes may be a round of table tennis with Vipin.

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

It's truly a Palace. Offering the best of best like in a dream. The rooms are not only luxuriously big in design, it has also in it huge bath tub, two wash basins with mirror, separate toilet and Bath area. As usual health hose was missing in the toilet forgetting the Indian traditions.
Stayed for two nights for a diabetes conference. Massive and magnificent structure. I had to change my room to a quieter one due to noises of wind and sea which I could have otherwise enjoyed if on a holiday. The restaurant is huge but lacks sign boards on Indian cuisine, American breakfast, Omelette counter etc., somewhat difficult to locate. Staffs were friendly, well trained and communicative. One even called and mailed me soon after check out to apologise for receiving payment for internet and dinner and promised it will be refunded to my credit card. Overall a good experience and a prestigious property for Chennai and India.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Jothydev
Leela_Chennai, Manager at The Leela Palace Chennai, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Guest

Your positive feedback about the hotel and the service is very encouraging and a great source of motivation for all of us. I was however sorry to read about the few gaps in some of the service aspect and I sincerely apologize. Rest assure that it has been addressed with the concern Managers and I thank you for bringing these points to my attention.