“Ideal for long and short stays”
Review of Bharat Guest House

Bharat Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chennai (Madras)
Bharat Guest House
Ranked #41 of 394 Chennai (Madras) B&B and Inns
Mahabalipuram, India
“Ideal for long and short stays”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I am a 20 year old german volunteer and spend lots of time in this Guesthouse. Since I could not pay too much money for my long stays (2 times 6 weeks) I got a speciall offer with the best value. And even as a budget traveller who only stays for short time, there will be good rooms. The prices do not go up at the season time too much, while the hotels nearby mostly take three times the money they take during off season. The rooms are always clean, and have attached western Bathrooms. A special thing is the balcony, that invites you to come into contact with other travellers. The AC rooms are having hot water. Even if there is powercut there will be battery for light and fan.
The staff will help with every problem you might get, and you can also ask for good locations to eat, drink or go sightseeing.
The location of the guesthouse is the best. It is close to supermarkets, restaurants, bus station, the sea, and you can get good cheap real indian food and chai just around the corner. But it is still a calm place, where you can stroll through the street without everybody asking you to go in their shop.
On the rooftop you can do Yoga and meditation at sunrise or sunset.
For I stayed here a long time, the owner also let me use the kitchen, which was awesome, because I really like cooking! And you can refill your drinking water for free to avoid plastic polution.

All in all this place is the best I found in this city. I felt like home, sometimes I even got self cooked meals from the owner. The rooms are big enough to store lots of luggage, which was very important for me.
Just one thing to add: There are now 3 dogs living. 2 of them are still small puppys, which I brought there from my workplace. Dont worry, they are all very very nice, but in case u have severe allergies or panic, I just want to mention ;) For me, those 3 Dogs are the most adorable ones I ever met ! I'm going to miss them soon!

Room Tip: The biggest room is 115 with three beds, and a hammock and swinging chair. The Ac rooms are having t...