“EXCELLENT”
Review of Grand Siam

Grand Siam
Ranked #1,244 of 6,638 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Price range: US$9 - US$11
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Paris, France
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The evening with my friends was wonderful because of this restaurant.The food and the service is perfectly met all my needs.even surprisingly they start chinese and vietnamese too.The valet and wifi made more comfortable,All the best for great future of this restaurant

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank guruvappa r

Chennai (Madras), India
“One of the best Thai Restos”
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

One of the best exclusive Thai restaurants in Chennai.

Compared to Benjarong Ambience is secondary but still its value for money.

• Visited November 2012
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Cuisine par excellence”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Visited this place 6-1-13. The food and the service was far superior to the other restaurants.My son adored this place. Wish He was here so I could have the delicious thai food. Service was impeccable and ambience very good

Visited January 2013
Bangalore
““Good Thai food””
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I usually hesitate to go to new Thai restaurants knowing that, in the majority of cases, I will be disappointed . I was recommended to visit here by a friend, food is awesome. This restaurant is a gem! It serves very authentic and tasty Thai food.

Overall, the food ranged between average and excellent. The satays and papaya salad were to die for. I tasted four or five dishes and they were all mouthwatering.

I have tried different types of curries both vegetarian and non vegetarian (chicken and prawns). The curries are served with an accompaniment of steamed rice and the portion sizes are well defined for a single person. The use of spices is subtle and not too overpowering allowing you to enjoy the entire meal without having to resort to multiple swigs of water. As someone who enjoys a subtle play of flavors and spices rather than a full blown spice attack. There is definitely a lot more on offer in terms of starters and other non curry preparations which I fully intend to explore in future.

• Visited April 2013
Bengaluru, India
““BEST THAI as you can get within Chennai city limits””
Reviewed 3 June 2013

AT First i was surprised to see an another GRAND SIAM in CHENNAI since my last vacation i found one in Anna Nagar, but this time on my business visit i found newly opened GRAND SIAM at Mylapore, we quickly made our visit for our dinner along with few overseas partners.

As expected the Restaurants Interiors were of 5 star quality with beautiful wood work and a pleasant homely atmosphere much bigger than in Anna nagar and with a mild background music, Service was appreciable.

The snack platter was a delightful surprise and so was the welcome drink!. A smart manager explained to us the various dishes and advised us on what to take. I liked the matter of fact manner in which the Manager assisted us - he explained dishes in a brief and lucid manner without being prescriptive.

While we enjoyed a decent mock-tail, dinner was served within 20 minutes or so with piping hot steam with flavors from the platter. In the meanwhile I had taken in the sights and sounds of the restaurant. I felt that the decor lifted my spirits - the theme was well planed.

The dinner was just fabulous and mouth watering and I am not too creative right now so I will make it simple - excellent! My Partners from Over seas loved the flavors and the well cooked portions. It took them back to Melbourne/US days when they frequented a Thai restaurant with their family and friends they said. They also comment that This, however, was much better. we tried Seafood, Chicken and vegetarian dishes which were all of high standard.

I have visited Grand Siam few times in Anna nagar post this visit and I found the dining experience there to be uniform and of high standards in both the restaurants. I recommend Grand Siam to everyone out for exotic cuisine, for a great dining experience or simply for authentic Thai food.

• Visited June 2013