“" Unforgettable evening"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Chennai Velachery

The Westin Chennai Velachery
Ranked #7 of 386 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Chennai (Madras), India
“" Unforgettable evening"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

It was 11th Jan when I visited East Restaurant Westin Chennai Velachery with one of my friend.
It was an awesome experience for me and my friend at the restaurant, The ambiance and the menu varieties of the restaurant is excellent, a perfect place to sit with friends, family and couples.
The service was great!
I would like to specially thank Sai Kiran, the staff who was serving our table and Indhu who assisted us to the restaurant from the front office. They were very friendly and courteous.
Once again thanks to the whole team of the restaurant for giving us such a wonderful experience and making our evening unforgettable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ShrikantWakharkar, General Manager at The Westin Chennai Velachery, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Reviewer,

It was our pleasure being your host at The Westin Chennai Velachery.

The Westin Chennai Velachery is fully committed towards attaining complete guest satisfaction and we consistently endeavor to make the stay of every guest pleasant. We are glad that your dining experience was made memorable by the delectable food spread and the service by our associates. We are also glad to receive your word of appreciation for Sai Kiran and Indu who constantly endeavour to make the dining experience of every guest delightful.

We thank you again for dining with us and look forward to hosting you in the near future.

shrikant.wakharkar@westin.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed in Westin for the first time during my December trip. I normally dont switch hotels but this was an exception after multiple feedbacks from my colleagues. I could immediately see why this place is so popular and will be regular here. The place is awesome with state of the art facilities. The fitness centre is very good. Loved the atmosphere @ Willow bar. Their restaurant offer many choices of food and great quality.

However what makes Westin so different is their amazing staff. I would like to make a special mention of Kavita Patel and Akshay Pandit who made me feel that I am part of the family. I travel a lot and staying in hotels is not new for me. But this experience was unique. I appreciate the great hosiptality and I hope that the team maintains the same spirit in future also!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ShrikantWakharkar, General Manager at The Westin Chennai Velachery, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Reviewer,

We would like to thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

At Westin, we look forward to be a partner in our guests’ well-being before, during, and after their stay and are pleased to know you had a relaxed, comfortable, and revitalizing stay experience with us. We are also glad to learn that you liked our fitness centre, as well as the ambience and the food at the Willows.

Our associates are inspired to deliver instinctive, personalized service that enhances our guests’ sense of well-being and we are glad you had a satisfying experience on that front as well.

We look forward to welcoming you to The Westin Chennai Velachery when you visit Chennai next.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I recently stayed at The Westin Chennai Velachery for 50 days. The service was great! Everyone treated you like family and not just another customer. I would like to give special thanks to Sharma Natsha and Sunil Kumar for their amazing Job on the 9th floor. I would also like to thank Thomas Vinoth and DJ Ajay Aj from the Willows Bar@The Westin. To Anushree Bindal, Preeti Patel and Kavita Patel the sweetest people in the service industry. Thank you for making my stay so enjoyable, it made being away from home for so long easier.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ShrikantWakharkar, General Manager at The Westin Chennai Velachery, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Reviewer,

We thank you for sharing your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor. It was an honour for The Westin Chennai Velachery to be a host during your business trip.

We are glad that you chose to stay with us and had a wonderful time at our hotel. The guests at our hotel are more than just customers, so we always look forward for their maximum comfort and satisfaction. It is good to know that you felt like a family at our hotel and our associates made your stay enjoyable. Your warm words of appreciation have been shared with Khushboo Sharma, Sunil Kumar, Thomas Vinoth, DJ Ajay, Anushree Bindal, Preeti Patel & Kavita Patel and those would surely motivate them to provide much better services in the future.

It was our pleasure to pamper you throughout your stay and we eagerly look forward to your next visit soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Westin Chennai and have nothing but great things to say. The service is impeccable as the staff deliver 5 star service. It does not matter which amenity you use, you will always get stellar service. The staff at this hotel really make the experience what it is. Sunil, Kumar, Kavita, Abish, and Sreejith deserve a notable mention as they go out of their way to make sure stay the best possible. Hats off to management for putting them in their positions to make this impact on customers.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

We were pleased to host your stay at The Westin Chennai Velachery during your visit to the city.
At our hotel in Chennai Velachery, we always attempt to provide our guests a home away from home experience. Through our consistent endeavors we ensure that our esteemed patrons leave our hotel feeling better than when they arrived. It is indeed nice to receive your wonderful review which is a testimony that we have succeeded in our efforts. We have shared your note of appreciation with Sunil, Kumar, Kavita, Abish & Sreejith who are in high spirits to know that you had made a special mention of their personalized services.

We thank you for your feedback and hope to welcome you again with par excellence hospitality on your next visit.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We were in a Chennai for my husban's college reunion and chose the Westin for its proximity to the IIT campus. Our room had a beautiful green view of the campus as well as the cricket pitch for Guru Nanak college. The gym and pool are well maintained and pretty. We took advantage of the (pricy) laundry service and had to admit they did an excellent job. Breakfasts were very good, with a large buffet selection as well as many made-to-order choices. The room itself was clean and modern and we appreciated the frequently replenished water bottles that were provided. It is a new hotel, and everything seems to be in excellent condition.
The hotel shines when it comes to staff. Preeti and Kavitha in reception never failed to greet us warmly and were always available to provide help with logistical details. Anup in the dining room was similarly attentive and warm.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

It was our pleasure being your host at The Westin Chennai Velachery. We are glad that you found the services and facilities provided at our hotel to your liking.

The Westin Chennai Velachery is fully committed towards attaining complete guest satisfaction and we consistently endeavour to make the stay of every guest pleasant. We are glad to know our accommodation, dining facility, service, and the overall ambience of the hotel met your expectations. It is also nice to hear that you acknowledged the sincere efforts of our associates. We will definitely pass your appreciation to Preeti, Kavita and Anuj which will motivate them further to deliver the best.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Westin Chennai Velachery when you visit Chennai next.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Westin Chennai Velachery from 28-29 Nov 2013.

Being the last leg of the journey that spanned Bengaluru, Goa, New Delhi we decided to splurge a little in Chennai and we appreciated just how good the service, facilities and rooms were.

Check-in was smooth despite a minor mix up of bed number. Facilities in the room were stellar with two well-done beds, a nice wall-mounted television and a business desk. At this point, I have to give credit to the heavenly beds. These were quite simply the most comfortable bed I have slept in ,save, perhaps, my own. There was also a small snacks bar but the refrigerator was for some reason, locked. This did not affect us too much. The bathing facilities were equally spectacular with it coming equipped with a shower and a bath tub.

We also sampled the food provided by the room service and as expected was very good. The concierge also helped with the booking of our cab for our evening flight and everything went without hitches.

If you are looking for a hotel that gives good beds and service, look no further.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

We thank you for staying at our hotel in Chennai Velachery and sharing your constructive feedback with us.

At The Westin Chennai Velachery, it has always been our foremost priority to attain optimum guest satisfaction. It is indeed nice to know that our accommodation, dining options as well as offered services and facilities met your expected standards. We are also glad to receive your note of acknowledgement for our courteous associates who consistently endeavor to make the stay of every guest delightful. Further, it feels good to know that our comfortable heavenly beds made your stay relaxing.

We look forward to your continued patronage in the near future.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

I've been here for just over a week so far and have to say this is the best hotel I've stayed at. The staff is wonderful. My room attendant Gopi keeps my room spotless and even folds my pajamas that I leave out. The staff in the executive lounge (Sunil, Paveen, and Amit) take great care to make sure every thing is done to your liking. I've stayed at other luxury properties but I've never once had as great an experience as I've had here. The staff is what makes the difference. They remember everything about you and even try and anticipate your needs. I'll be away from my home and friends for a couple more months but I can rest easy that I have such great people taking care of me.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ShrikantWakharkar, General Manager at The Westin Chennai Velachery, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Reviewer,

It was our pleasure being your host at The Westin Chennai Velachery.

The Westin Chennai Velachery is fully committed towards attaining complete guest satisfaction and we consistently endeavour to make the stay of every guest pleasant. We are glad that you found the services rendered by our associates worthy of your appreciation. The personalized services rendered by our associates ensure that you had the best hotel experience. Your bright words will be conveyed to them which will motivate them to offer excellent services. The Westin Chennai Velachery is a preferred choice among leisure as well as business travellers and we are glad to know that you can trust us for a home away from home experience.

We thank you again for staying with us and praising our services and amenities on TripAdvisor.