“Always going above and beyond”

The Westin Chennai Velachery
Ranked #3 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed here for 10 weeks (Feb 2014 - April 2014) and my stay was outstanding. The entire staff was very friendly and consistently went above and beyond to make my stay perfect. I would like to especially recognize the crew in the executive lounge, Amit, Sunil, and Pavon. I can't say enough about the level of service they provided. I would also like to recognize Abish from the spa. Abish always did an outstanding job on my massages. The entire fitness center staff was great as well. They were always available to answer any questions I had, and provided solid workout tips. Finally I would like to recognize Pondi for the outstanding job he did with keeping my room clean. He was very courteous in checking with me on my work schedule for the day to ensure he did not disrupt my sleep. Everyone at the hotel was excellent, and they all made my stay feel like I was right at home.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank James M
ShrikantWakharkar, General Manager at The Westin Chennai Velachery, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Renewed greetings from The Westin Chennai Velachery!

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your views regarding your stay at our hotel.

It is good to know that our efforts to make your stay comfortable in the city were successful. Guest responses motivate us to improve our services and be much more hospitable in the future. It is a pleasure to receive your applauds for our services and we appreciate your special mention of our associates for their good work. We were more than happy to host your business trip and feel delighted to know our sincere concerns and hospitality gave you a home away from home feel in Chennai. Amit, Sunil, Pavan, Abish and Pandi have been suitably recognised in view of the fact that you made a special mention of them.

I thank you once again for staying with us and will look forward to your return soon.

Stay Well,

There are newer reviews for The Westin Chennai Velachery

Reviewed 24 April 2014

From the check in to check out... My experience with everything from staff, food, room, gym, hotel, car (audi..) and ambience was fantastic. I recommend the pan asian restaurant on the 1st floor for its delightful thai and Chinese cuisine

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank kenn_etix
ShrikantWakharkar, General Manager at The Westin Chennai Velachery, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Welcome to Renewal!

Thank you for your choice of The Westin Chennai Velachery.

Reviews like yours serve as recognition for our hard working associates and we truly appreciate your sharing the review with us.

We thank you once again for staying with us and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

September 13th, 2014. The Day I celebrated with my Friends, Families and Well wisher. Proudly Announcing to the audience about our wedding which had taken place on September 9th the most memorably moments of my life, Finally tying the Knot on my beloved angel after a 7 year long relationship. She puts the smile on my face and the love in my heart. We celebrated this day in the Westin-Velachery in the Hall called "Inspire". Me and my wife Went around Chennai looking and Hunting for the Place that would touch our hearts and make us decide that it is the one its the place to have this party. We went to the Hiltons, Royal Merdien, Radisson but none of the halls had that spark we were searching for. Westin a brand new Hotel had just been opened and we had to check it out and since my wife had already noticed its looks from the exterior as she went to her office to work she also had insisted we look into it.
As we entered I remember How amazed I was the interior was even much better it had class it was beautiful and it was something hidden since it had just opened most of the people were not aware of its existence and so we found something that would amaze our guests too.
The staffs were the most friendly people they helped me solve and guided us to the very end, Thanks to Miss.Gayatheri Munirathnam without whom this day would not have been made possible, We got so close to the staff that We invited her to join us and I can't be more thankful to the manager and the serves who helped attend to our guests as well a VIP treatment to the bride and groom:) we were blown out of the way with the services provided to us.
I cherish the memory of that very special day, till date whenever we visit Chennai we make sure we have a special dinner at Westin Just to refresh the memories of the day.

To all those who made it Happen... it was truly a Magical Moment of my life!! thanking you for everything from the depths of our hearts.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank MatoooDiv3009

Welcome to Renewal!

Congratulations on your wedding and we hope to see on your anniversary next year. Thank you for celebrating your special day with us. We were glad to be of service.

It is a delight to know that your wedding was made memorable due to the services and facilities provided to you at the hotel. Our associates will be thrilled to hear that they could be a part of your wedding day and they could help make it a magical moment in your life. We will certainly convey your message to them; this will motivate them to continue performing with excellence. Gayathri has been suitably recognised in view of the fact that you made a special mention of her.

Once again we thank you for your patronage and will look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The buffet spread of both non vegetarian and vegetarian is excellent.There open kitchen in the restaurant.You have mixed of Indian, Western and Continental food. The ice cream preparation is very good. I would say that it has more spread of food compare to Residency Restaurant of Sheraton Park. Lastly I can say it is more worth what you pay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank spsunderraj
ShrikantWakharkar, General Manager at The Westin Chennai Velachery, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Welcome to Renewal!

Many thanks for sharing your review regarding your dining experience at Seasonal Tastes on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure hosting you at our restaurant and we thank you for bestowing us with a perfect ranking on this forum. We are glad to note that you were happy with the food offerings and that you enjoyed the many cuisines served to you. Our associates will be pleased to know that you could ‘Eat Well’ at our restaurant.

We will look forward to welcoming you and thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Room very well equipped and service very efficient. The food was as bland hotel level fare as most hotels provide. All chain hotels I India charge western prices for their servicss and especially drinks are expensive. Hotel providing a car for the day is good value in India and ensures reputable firm with air conditioned new car. Essential for sighr seeing .

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MikeA15

Dear Reviewer,

Renewed Greetings from The Westin Chennai Velachery!

Let me begin by thanking you for staying with us and sharing your views regarding your stay at our hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is great to know that your overall stay was up to the mark and that you were delighted with the services and facilities provided to you at the hotel. I thank you for appreciating our rooms and am happy to know that they could provide you with a comfortable stay. Our team strives to impart a ‘Feel Well’ experience and your review is proof that we have succeeded in our endeavours. I shall share your feedback with them as this will act as a source of motivation to work towards perfection. I have also noted your concerns and will inform the team in the kitchen regarding the spread at our restaurant. Our hotel also provides a cab facility so that guests can enjoy sight-seeing experience without having to worry about hiring cars.

I thank you once again for staying with us and will look forward to your return.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I went on a business trip for two weeks to Chennai and I stayed at the Westin hotel. This turned out to be a very good choice as it was a fantastic experience with super friendly and helpful staff offering beyond normal service. The entire staff were all doing the "extra mile" for you and it really made the stay worth while.

Many thanks again for your efforts and personal experiences gained both ways during this time.

Hope to see you soon again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JohanKarlsson
ShrikantWakharkar, General Manager at The Westin Chennai Velachery, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Welcome to Renewal!

It is delightful to read such a wonderful review regarding your stay at The Westin Chennai Velachery and we thank you for sharing it on TripAdvisor.

It is indeed great to know that your stay with us was at par with your expectations and that our services made your business trip a delightful and memorable one. At Westin, our associates strive to perform to the best of their abilities to offer a ‘Work well’ experience and your review is proof that we have succeeded in our endeavours. We will share your kind words with them which will encourage them to keep giving their very best to the guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we will look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Comfortable stay in a luxurious and modern hotel with the best service offered. The staff are courteous and helpful, specially Preeti who did her best to find a tailor to sew the blouses for our saris. Thanks to the concierge and Preeti, my daughter and I will be wearing saris on our first Hindu wedding that we're attending tomorrow.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank TeresaOslo_Norway
ShrikantWakharkar, General Manager at The Westin Chennai Velachery, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Welcome to Renewal!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Westin Chennai Velachery and we are glad to read such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

It is great to receive a perfect rating on this forum knowing that your stay with us was at par with your expectations. We are happy to know that your stay with us was comfortable and hospitable and that you were delighted with the service standards. It is pleasing to hear that our associates could help you with the wedding arrangements. We will share your feedback with them that will inspire them to continue performing with excellence. Preeti has been suitably recognised in view of the fact that you made a special mention of her.

We will definitely look forward to your return and thank you for your patronage.