“Excellent Stay”

Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park
Ranked #19 of 388 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
New Delhi
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

Excellent staff and tremendous hospitality. In particular would wish to commend Mr. Anirban Mukherjee ( Duty Manager) who is my sole reason for staying here in Sheraton Chennai, since I mostly stay in Trident Chennai being a Gold privilege member. But knowing Anirban since his Taj Bengal days I decided to give it a try and must say I really consider my decision to be apt. Will surely come back again.

Also would like to mention Chef. Harish and Chef. Rohit, who treated me to the most authentic cuisine to pamper my palate. Mr. Bhavani who took good care of me when I visited the restaurant.

Excellent room service under the supervision of Mr. Dhrubajyoti Dutta. Always smiling and eager to help front desk staff - Abira, Divya, Pooja, Janani, Manjari.

Great restaurant staff Mr. Avivalgam, Ashok, Joteesh, Ratan, Raja, and Mr. Rao( Doorman) everyone ensure the best stay for me here.

I feel privileged to have known all these individuals (some of them now connected personally with me on facebook)

Would extend this feedback personally to Mr. Anand and others via my personal email.

Thanks Guys !!

Room Tip: Choose the executive club rooms and one at the corner which is spacious and lively.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
KuldeepDhawan, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park, responded to this review, 29 January 2013

Thank you for sharing your experiences at the Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that the services rendered were up to your expectations. It is feedback such as yours that inspire us to strive for greater heights of excellence in our services.

Thanking you once again for your valuable feedback and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Sheraton Park Hotel & Towers, Chennai. Yours is a relationship we cherish.

Kuldeep Dhawan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Indonesian first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Hi, I have stayed only for 1 night at the hotel and the experience was very good. The staff is very courteous and they make each guest feel very special and welcome during your stay. After that since over a year I have been doing bookings at the hotel for my boss as he frequently visits the hotel mainly because the hotel is warm, courteous and caters to all his needs making his stay very comfortable. the hotel location is central which is a plus point and not to far from the airport too. Thus I am sure you would definately want to consider this hotel if you are travelling often to Chennai and would want to be met with the same treatment that goes unchanged.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
KuldeepDhawan, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park, responded to this review, 25 January 2013

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Texon India Pvt ltd guests stayed at Sheraton Park for Yearly 40-45 nights during frequent trips to Chennai in 2012 very polite and helpful. Food - Excellent food,

Room Reservation team Excellent

Saravanan.N

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

I stayed in this Hotel for 2 nights Business review meetings. The stay was very comfortable for completing my assignments in time,. The food was excellent and the service rendered by the staff is worth mentioning. The hotel tariff was also commensurate the facilities and services rendered.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East or South side will have a good view on the traffic on the adjoining road
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Liberty200

Delhi, Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

hello friends here i would like to educate you about this hotel in particular. I have spent last four years staying in this hotel whenever i have travelled to chennai.
I atleast need to go to chennai every month for work purposes and thereby I have stayed HERE over a good 30 times in the the past four years and I do have to say Im greeted with the same warmth and affection that was met to me during my very first stay here.
A good way to reckon a hotel is by the way they meet your additional demands and I would be pleased to inform you my dear reader that I have never been disappointed whether it was THE Conceirge services such as booking a cab or to get some medicines. The cab has always arrived and time and my medicines duly delivered to my room.
As per the ambience it is perfect if you are looking for a self indulgent luxurious stay not to mention the staff's hospitality that makes it more worthwhile and heightens the experience threefold since they are so courteous towards individual guest's needs thereby making sure you feel special during the whole duration of your stay.
As for the location it is perfect because its right in the centre and you have several options of good restaurants around the hotel which is a plus point too not to mention it is just a thirty-forty minute drive to and fro from the hotel to the airport or vice-versa.
All in all you would definately want to consider this hotel if you are travelling often to chennai and want to be met with the same treatment that goes unchanged round the year.
So hope you have a good experience like me and im sure you will rebook your hotel here after your first grand experience. So wish you a lovely stay here.

Room Tip: The new wing has bigger rooms and i love the restrooms swell. Also it is much quieter than the old...
1 Thank trishtr0tter

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

I stayed at Sheraton Park for about 35-40 nights during my frequent trips to Chennai in 2010 and 2011.

Staff - Among the best, very polite and helpful.

Food - Excellent food, I usually ordered room service and was never disappointed. The menu is the best I've found in India which offers you lunch/dinner sets which are a delight.

Laundry - Very prompt and excellent service. Sheraton/ITC are probably the only hotel chain I know who can help you with overnight laundry.

Location - Very nice, one of the few hotels in Chennai city area, restaurant, places of interest are near by.

Rooms - Very nice rooms, massage chairs in rooms, beds very comfortable, scented sprays, ear plugs and eye muffs were a very thoughtful addition.

I had a very good time at this hotel during my frequent visits.

Room Tip: All rooms have a decent view as the hotel is in a residential neighborhood.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank NikunjShrivastava
KuldeepDhawan, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park, responded to this review, 11 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Charleston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

My wife and I spent two days at the hotel and were there for Christmas day. From the moment we walked into the place, the staff was just incredible. Always smiling and accommodating, everyone went overboard to ensure our stay was perfect. Our suite was lovely with every amenity. It was the 5 star treatment we received that really made our stay extra special. From the check in process in the room, to breakfast, the spa and most important, the staff - it was just superb. Cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NealPetersen
KuldeepDhawan, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park, responded to this review, 2 January 2013