“Great cuisine and service quality at the Gateway”

The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai
Ranked #11 of 403 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We are regular guests at Gateway's Buzz (intl cuisine) restaurant enjoying great food and an excellent level of hospitality and service quality. My wife usually prefers the butter chicken - the mild way done for her but depending on your flavor mid spicy to hot available as well - while my favorite is the paneer lababdar with the Gateway delicious tomato gravy. Sakthi and Deepak with their teams do all to make you feel extremely welcome and comfortable and Ashish, one of the chefs, personally collects feedback and is always happy to create some special meal according to your personal wish. All in all a great dining experience in a very relaxing environment - perfect to spend some time after a long day's work or at weekends. Btw if you're into football, why not start the evening with a cool Kingfisher beer at the Sports bar watching your favorite team - I look forward to spending time there during the World Cup watching the Swiss team go far...
Meinrad and Barbara Keller

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Meinrad K
Ranjit S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Warm Greetings from the Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai and a big thank you for your wonderful feedback. It is truly appreciated by the entire team. We are most delighted to have you dine with us at our various outlets and assure you of the best in services and hospitality always. We really look forward to enjoying the World Cup with your presence at the Swirl. Have a great week ahead. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Actually we planned for a buffet in OMR and come to Gateway hotel on 13th Saturday.

We came into the Hotel, the service from the start from the Manager SAKTHi from inviting and getting into the seat was a great. Seating was great too.
Then they have provided the two veg and two non-veg starters.
As I am vegetarian, I called up the manager and told that I don't need the non-veg starter , then he ordered a good spicy extra veg starter for me. So sweet of him.
Coming to the food each and everything was so good and then I told I have informed manager I dont like Nan and again he has provided me with a roti and even it was again an awesome one from Sakthi. I have been into many buffets but in Gateway, I liked all the food items and more than that I loved the way the service was provided from all and especially from Sakthi from manger part is excellent and brilliant.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Ranjit S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you so very much for your feedback about your experience at the restaurant. My team is delighted that they were able to give you an enriched experience. We absolutely look forward to your continued patronage and will be thrilled to extend our hospitality at all times.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Great location, fantastic facilities, wonderful food and amazing people. I stayed at The Gateway for 6 months for business reasons and it became a genuine home. The food is excellent with the chefs being able to accommodate any special requests I had. Being from the UK, I wasn’t too keen on the South Indian levels of spice, but the chefs were able to create great dishes for me. The housekeeping team are great at their job and are always working hard to make your room feel special, which they achieved every day. The bar is a nice space to unwind and the staff are responsive, well trained and have a good knowledge of the drinks they have on offer. The front of house staff are particularly great and were able to solve all kinds of requests I made. From taking in Dominos orders to fixing my broken shoes – they were always able to help. One member of staff in particular, Nishoo Bhardwaj, was amazing throughout the entire 6 month stay. Her professionalism, ability to make me feel very much at home and welcoming smile all helped ensure my stay was to the highest level of quality. I would highly recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your warm wishes and feedback. It was a pleasure having you with us all these months and we will truly miss you at the hotel. We look forward to your future visits and assure you of the very best in hospitality at all times. This will always be your home away from home.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best hotels in Chennai.
Especially if you are doing business on OMR/IT Express way.
This 5 star hotel welcomes you with 2 super restaurants Sian(Chinese) and Buzz(Indian & Continental)
Modern rooms flooded with light,
A nice pool area, SPA & Gym.
The staff is one of the most hospital crews I have ever meet.
So if you are a long term staying guest in Chennai OMR ares this is a Great choice.
I am not afraid to call this place my second home!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Ranjit S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you so very much for your wonderful feedback. Needless to say, it was indeed a pleasure having you with you with us at the Gateway Hotel, Chennai and we look forward to having you back with us again and again. Assuring you of the very best in hospitality at all times!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed at the Gateway for ten days last month and from the first was treated like a queen. The staff were attentive, the food was fabulous and the service all round was excellent.

I can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Warm Greetings from the Gateway Hotel IT Expressway and thank you so very much for your kind words. We are absolutely delighted that you had a wonderful stay at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back during your future visits to Chennai.

Our best wishes to you

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed at the recently opened Gateway hotel recently. Very good experience. The location is good and the staff very helpful. Excellent food but the morning buffet could have been better. On the whole, I'd choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Ranjit S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Warm Greetings from the Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai!

We would like to thank you for patronizing the Gateway Hotel and for giving us your valuable feedback. We will definitely try to improve upon our breakfast as mentioned by you in your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and assure you of the best in hospitality at all times. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This Gateway property is placed very strategically near the IT hub and the business installations. I was in Chennai for a conference/seminar and the hotel was quite close to the venue. The rooms are very well appointed, with all modern amenities, though like all Gateway properties this too charges a hefty price for Wi-Fi access (these days, I believe, home-stays and PGs also offer it for free). The food is just okay, but does not fall under the "food orgasm" category, the breakfast spread is good, but again just ordinary. What was a little embarrassing in the hotel was the staff is so courteous that even the female attendants would open doors, it almost challenges your male chivalry.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Warm Greetings from the Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai!

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. We truly appreciate that you have taken your time out to evaluate the hotel. We have noted your inputs about the breakfast and will certainly work towards improving this area. We look forward to your future visits and assure you of the best in hospitality at all times.

ranjit.shankar@tajhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chennai (Madras)
Taj Coromandel Chennai
Taj Coromandel Chennai
#4 of 403 in Chennai (Madras)
Taj Club House
Taj Club House
#17 of 403 in Chennai (Madras)
Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai
Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chen...
#18 of 403 in Chennai (Madras)
Novotel Chennai Sipcot
#12 of 403 in Chennai (Madras)
Aloft Chennai, OMR - IT Expressw...
#53 of 403 in Chennai (Madras)

Been to The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai? Share your experiences!