“Surprised.....pleasantly”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hablis Hotel

Hablis Hotel
Ranked #25 of 388 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Surprised.....pleasantly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Bang on Mount Road between ITC Grand Chola and Me Meridian this new small kid is surely packing a punch.

New facility with good rooms and friendly service. Food can be improved a bit to make it perfect. The Skillet offers a decent buffet and their Moon & Six Pence is happening too.
I chopped out one star in cleanliness because of the smoke smell in the non smoking floor.

• Stayed June 2014
Hablis_FrontO_Mgr, Front Office Manager at Hablis Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay at the Hablis Hotel Chennai. We are so pleased that you had a fantastic stay with us and we really appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at the hotel on TripAdvisor. It is very encouraging to read your positive comments which we have passed on to the entire team.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the smoking smell.

Kindest regards from the team at the Hablis Hotel Chennai.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Thai first
Vadodara, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was my first stay at Hotel Hablis and I must say I was happy with my stay. Clean and neat rooms with satellite TV. Food and ambience very nice. Service was also very good. First hotel where I received calls from In room dining if I wanted to place order for food. Chinese food which I ordered on day 1 was sumptuous. And though the Biryani I ordered on second day could have been better, but the prawns were big.

Breakfast spread was equally good.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Chennai.

Room Tip: Chinese food which I ordered on day 1 was better than the Biryani I ordered next day.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We have passed on your valuable feedback regarding Biryani to our Executive chef who is working towards it to make is delicious.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Was in Chennai for a meeting, happened to drop by at Hablis for a drink on my way to the airport. Excellent cocktails and great food they serve in this place called sixpence. The bartender was very good and I ended up indulging into quite a few cocktails. Ms.Brazina guided me around the place and gave me good pointers on the city as well. All in all a good outing, will come back for sure.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent visit at the Hablis Hotel Chennai. We are so pleased that you had a fantastic time with us and we really appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at the hotel on TripAdvisor. It is very encouraging to read your positive comments which we have passed on to the entire team.

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Though I did not stay inhouse, I visited this hotel's Bar and Restaurant at Level-1. The food and ambiance were nice and the service was also very good.
The staff was courteous and helpful and it was a great value for money. I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting chennai.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Guwahati, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

A very new property with all the modern amenities ! Great rooms and in a very convenient location! Value for money! The pool is the only thing missing !Just do not miss the awesome breakfast that is served!!!!!

They can improve in the toiletries as this is their weak link!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to inform we areworking on our toileteries to improve it.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

It was my first accomodation at Hablis and I was happy with my stay and I would prefer Hablis in my near future.

Best service at affordable prices.
Clean rooms.
Nice management.
Good area.
Peacefull atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hablis_FrontO_Mgr, Front Office Manager at Hablis Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014

chicago,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel is a decent hotel...rooms are very clean. For a person inside the country, this maybe a five star hotel. If you are travelling from abroad, its same as fairmont or other decent hotels in US/Canada, i would not say this is an awsome place. The price is definitely too much for a hotel like this. I wouldnot mind paying 4000, but 6000 is a lil too much. When i stayed there for one night in Dec 2013, the bedroom light was on my face and had to call maintenance guys at 2 in the morning. Free buffet is ok, but definitely not your american breakfast buffet. Also when i stayed here, they started doing construction at 8 or 9 in the morning breaking the concrete or something which i absolutely hated. If i am paying 6G for a night, i expect perfect silence and this was not the case. Overall a decent hotel, not an amazing one for guys travelling from US/CANADA.

Thanks,
N

Room Tip: If you are an American/Canadian, dont expect this to be an amazing hotel...its a good place to crash...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
SamySakthivel, General Manager at Hablis Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2015
Dear Mr.Nureya,

We are pleased to see that you enjoyed the stay with us. Hablis is a new hotel and I sincerely apologize for the construction noise during your stay. Please let us know when you are coming next and My team will be excited to receive and take care of your stay and exceed your expectations.

If there is anything I can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to email me at GMOPS@HABLIS.COM

Best Regards