“Average clean, great location, good karoake/ Bar, bad service”

Hotel Dee Cee Manor
Ranked #306 of 388 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Pune
“Average clean, great location, good karoake/ Bar, bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

The service overall is poor.. but for the few bell boys who run the front office literally, there place is teeming with trainees, totally green behind the ears. My wake up call on all 3 days was missed.. and responses varied from " saar, its only 6 am now; when it was already 6.15, 'saar, it just became 6 and you called before I could call' when it was 6,.20, and ' ok, saar, its late, do u want coffee?' ... Room was ok, location was great.. there are some sincere waiters.. and the karoaoke bar was interesting though dark and seedy.. !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pune, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Recently I have visited twice chennai and both time stayed at D C manor. In first trip everything went quite right and satisfied with services also but 2nd time It was quite bad experience. Reached hotel around 12 o clock in night. No warm welcome more over the room was quite shabby, some odd smell from mattress, faced bad attitude from staff also and the morning breakfast was quite average. I don't find this hotel not cost effective, So please try to avoid it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
trichy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Great location. Located in T-Nagar and is well connected. Rooms are clean. Food is ok. Average service. Stayed here for two nights. It is suited for a business trip where one does care much about service.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank abei1985
Chennai (Madras), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I tried a corporate booking in the hotel both via email and telephone. I called up the hotel after sending the mail and I got an offer. I got the reply "Just come Sir, We got rooms". I came in from the airport with my heavy set of luggage and I was geeted by the reception boy with a cheap angry attitude when I mentioned the offer that was given to me.
My call was picked by some hotel boys as he claims and he was not responsible for the guys offers. Also that the offer that the fellow gave me was in some annexe of the hotel without internet. I asked him politely whether room boys are allowed to make offer claims. He started checking out with someone over phone and was telling me that nothing was possible. The guy did not even have the courtesy of looking at my face while declining me.
I asked to speak with a manager of any sort. He gave me the reply that there was no manager and everyone went home being a Sunday. I then asked him to connect me to his manager over phone so that I can speak with him. He dialed some one and claimed that no one is picking the phone. I was planning to take a booking for 4 days. With this I was taken back and smelled the danger at his rude and apartheid attitude. I now had to raise my tone in clear fashion to get my advance money back as he was sort of reluctant to give it back initially.
Right in front of him, I called Residency Hotel and luckily they had a room. Within the next 5 minutes, I was in my room with all my luggage sent to my room.

If you are looking for "A Stay" with your friends and does not care for where it is, choice is fine but If you are looking for quality of service for waht you shell out from your hard earnings, I would not recommend this hotel. Be extra careful before jumping in as they may put you in real trouble in this hotel.

The 'Manager' who could be reading this and would be apologizing, "please sir, spare the trouble. You were not even there" The time was around 8-8:30 pm.

Room Tip: Be careful.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Strategic location near t nagar a shopping heaven and airport. Chennai are far more cleaner than delhi. I definitely would recommend this place to all. Looking forward to come again to chennai and stay in the same hotel again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Viji V
Vellore, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

It is a nice hotel for business stay..... Very convenient for shopping...... Friendly staff and helpful, nice restaurant with good food. Good service..... Rooms were very neat and clean and well furnished.....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ananth23
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Facility is not great but location is good as being central part of Chennai (T Nagar), one should not have too much expectations on service as its kind of Average to my opinion.. Some on business trip only for sleep this is right choice to located centrally.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business