“Cant make my day any worser :-/”

The Accord Metropolitan
Ranked #28 of 414 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I am a Doctor and likes to spend my holiays in new countries and 5 star hotels. I am a person, who has a real love for the country India. I was travelling from UK, and was on a long holiday visiting Asian countries. I stayed in Chennai- at The Accord for few days. I was very happy with the accomodation and the food was delicious. But it did not last long- The day i was paying my bills- i found the bill had some extra payments added on mentioning it is for the few sweets in the room fridge that i have consumed- but what surprised me was - i have not taken or eaten them. I was not a person fond of sweets. This was a surprise to me- to see the dishonesty and something cheeky at a 5 star hotel. I spoke with the Receptionest who refused to believe me, and i was in such a despair i paid the bill and left the premises. I hope the management look in to this matter and take appropriate action to the concerned staff. Thanks

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank arthi s
guestname, Front Office Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Dear Madam

Greetings from The Accord Metropolitan, Chennai!!!

Thank you for taking the time to send us your valuble feedback. I have carefully read your feedback and experience during your stay in our hotel. I regret the inconvenience you have been put through and we comprehend your point on the services rendered during your check out and please accept our apologies for the annoyance that this may have caused to you. We aim to consistently deliver a professional service to our guests and I would like to stake that on this occasion the level of service you received was unacceptable. I did spoke to the entire front desk team about their attitude, taken corrective measures for their behavior and your feedback has proved to be invaluable. I am happy to note that you have enjoyed the food and and this feedback will certainly inspire them to do their job much better. I request you to send me your departure date , room number and this will help me to find were we went wrong.

Our apologies are due once again but do hope that we shall receive another opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and do email me directly or call 9840990035. An acknowledgment of this mail will be deeply valued and we shall be eager to give you a superlative experience!

Thanks & Regards

R.Ravi Shankar
Front Office Manager
The Accord Metropolitan Hotel
Chennai 600 017

HP : +91-98409 90035

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I had booked a deluxe suite thinking that the starting price for the rooms on agoda would mean the hotel was a bit 2nd rate, but on arriving was pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately though, I was shown to a standard room, where the TV and cable boxes were not both plugged in as there was only one socket. This was quickly fixed by their maintenance man, who dragged the tv cabinet bearer the desk to plug the cable box in there. Meanwhile I checked my reservation, to confirm that I should not have been in a standard room.

Once I was moved to the suite, it was a much better set up. Loads of space, really comfortable, and well worth the extra £20 a night.

Best thing about the hotel however are the restaurants, the CHinese on the roof is pretty good, the Indian on the 1st floor is superb and neither expensive.

I/m not sure of the purpose of the Zodiac bar though, as from the moment it opens it has loud music and at most half a dozen business men in there - it also closes before the restaurants.

Room Tip: Deluxe suite all the way
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I had my wedding reception in Crystal Ball room. It was a perfect place for my reception. After the reception we stayed for 2 nights in the same hotel. It was a great stay and great rooms. The breakfast was also good. Center of the city. They had done all I asked for properly. Will recommend the hotel for any functions. I heard from my Invitees the food was excellent too.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AhhAhoy
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Overall experience was good , front desk is excellent , room is clean and staff is attentive. Breakfast was good and would recomend the rooftop restaurant at least for a drink , view is excellent.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Malarshiva
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The location of this hotel is brilliant, it will only cost Rs80.00 to go to Ramanathan Street where you can find the famous Saravana Stores. The staff were very helpful and friendly and always willing to go the extra mile. Getting your laundry done was cheap as well and was ready on the same day. The Wifi is free and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. Will definitely stay here again in Chennai.

Room Tip: Get a room higher up so that you can get a view of the city.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KalayMoodley
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Stayed in this hotel in February'12. The hotel has reasonable lobby and average rooms. The rooms are bit smaller. We had got the booking done by our client via travel site. We reached quite later in night rather than 12 noon checkin time. To our surprise the hotel staff didnt had our name in the reservation list even though the payment was already done. We'd to wait for an hour to get the things sorted out -the hotel staff took my credit card swipe too.
The breakfast was quite nice and i enjoyed the varied variety of food on the offer. The staff was nice. This almost made for the other flaws and overall it was quite nice a stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank NUJAS
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We got this hotel through a site to stay for night in chennai. We chose this location since it was very near to T. Nagar where we wanted to shop for sarees. It was a 10 minutes ride on a auto from this hotel to T. Nagar.

Hotel room was nice and clean. The service provided by the staff was very good. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable and clean.

The lunch buffet at the restaurant was quite good. Variety of food was served for breakfast buffet and the service was good.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family