“Accord Chennai - not too bad at all.”

The Accord Metropolitan
Ranked #29 of 398 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
London, United Kingdom
“Accord Chennai - not too bad at all.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed in the Accord as part of a multicity business trip. Check in was good, room was very good, breakfast was underwhelming, evening meals in the top floor non-vegetarian restaurant were quite good, overall, I could be persuaded to stay here again.

Room Tip: Go high as this getsa above the road noise
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank KevinTheB
Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Mr. Kevin,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel are truly inspiring. However, I am also a bit disappointed about our breakfast spread which was probably not up to your exact liking. We will probably try to make make it Overwhelming on your next visit.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Chennai and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Rupesh Kumar Pandey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is a great hotel with service minded staff. Neat and nice. We had a great stay.Breakfast excellent, huge buffett. We have met Mr Venkatesh (CEO at The Accord Metropolitan hotel) 2 times. He asked how we were taken care of hotelet.Overall a place that we would like to come back to.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Vicky V
Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Sir,

Munich, Germany
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very clean, almost European Standard, also the pool is very clean and in good maintenance.
Nice room, not very central Location.
Breakfast excellent, huge buffett.
Not very servant personell but professionell.
Noise protection was quite good, when the window is closed.
So: definitely a recommendation.
No nightlife in the vicinity, temple just at the Corner to visit (very nice).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank travellerfromheart77
Dear Sir,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Very nice from start to finish. A great team with attentive management and staff to respond to needs.

Top floor Terrace restaurant was a haven, two great hotel beers from their own brewery (wine was silly price for unspecial offerings) and menu covering various cuisines. Wide range of things for breakfast - as seems the norm in India a cup of tea is stewed even beyond anything my mother-in-law every created - I had not thought that would ever be possible!

Transport reliable and flexible including waiting when delayed in business meeting and changing arrival time at the weekend at short notice.

Power sockets all Indian but wifi worked well (drop cable provided but no link via wired internet)

In the middle of town so journeys anywhere during morning & evening are a hubbub of traffic chaos. The traffic noise was audible on the 7th floor and the hotel has a deep rythmic thrum, I guess from air-con or maybe own generator. Since I turned my A/C off it wasn't specific to that.

Perfunctory security scan on arrival isn't worth the time taken but mostly no great delay.

Will be my chioce for next visit

1 Thank Simon H
Dear Mr. Simon,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

We at The Accord Metropolitan aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations. I am happy to know that you were satisfied with our services and this is very inspiring for us. We will also try to work upon the areas of improvement pointed by you.

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was in Chennai on a business trip and chose to stay at The Accord Metropolitan Hotel. The check-in was done so well and quick by a gentleman called Mr Ezhil and in no time i was in my room. The room was spacious and well done-up. The breakfast spread is very good and so is the taste. The service quality at the restaurant is excellent and I would like to mention names like Mr Pradeep as well as Ms Rinku. A fabulous stay indeed!

Dear Mr. Roneo,

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed at The Accord for the 1st time. This is truly an excellent 5* property. Well appointed rooms ad bathroom. Room interiors are luxurious befittinga 5* ad facilities in the hotel are nice. I missed noting tat the heath club opens at 6am which is very good fora buisness traveller who needs to be out by 9am from the hotel. The breakfast spread is fabulous and caters to all tastes. Attentive and curteous staff everywhere. i got a great rate from a travel website and at that rate isis a superb value for money. Overall a place that i would like to come back to.

Room Tip: I always prefer high floors.
Dear Mr. Singh,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We choose a budget room and stayed for 2 nights. It was spacious enough to put another mattress. Three adults stayed in the room and it was very comfortable. The staff are very friendly. The room is clean and neat. The Pergola restaurant food was great too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Ms. Bavani,