“I FOUND WORM IN FOOD, WHAT ABOUT YOU.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Marina Towers

Comfort Inn Marina Towers
Ranked #145 of 386 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Nashik, India
“I FOUND WORM IN FOOD, WHAT ABOUT YOU.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

Hotel is undergoing through renovation, hopefully sold to some one. I found worm in food, photo attached and I paid for the food after finding it (I have invoice). Rooms are full of dust. This is the latest review (OCTOBER 2012).

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Saintes, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

The rooms are spacious and very clean. Room service prompt and efficient.
Buffet in the restaurant with an excellent selection however if the buffet is more than you want then the actual menu is a little limited.
The staff are friendly and helpful and I could find no fault during my 2 day stay.
Our flight was at 3am and we didn't need to be at the airport until midnight at the earliest.
We asked reception if they would store our luggage for a few hours.
On hearing our flight time they said we could keep the room until 9pm and at no extra charge.
Now that is excellent customer service!!! It meant the world of difference to us as we could now have a rest before the very long and gruelling night ahead of us. Top marks Marina Towers!
I will remember your thoughtfulness!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JackieSaintes
Delhi, Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

I had booked a room for one night in this hotel. The room had been booked by the company. However, when I reached the hotel around 09:30PM, I was being told that there is some system problem and so, I cannot be given the room. Duty manager Mr. Naseeb called for a dirty cab and sent me to Marina Inn. However, I did not like the latter hotel and so, he gave me the option of Fortel.

Fortel happened to have dirty and suffocating rooms which I complained. I asked him to give me the solution but, he never called back. Finally, they moved me to another room which I had to accept as I did not have any choice. Further, I was being told to pay a higher amount for the room which anyways was not clean. On calling him again, he started shouting at me on top of his voice. I put down the phone but, still, did not get any solution.

This is the worst experience I ever had with any hotel. One can not expect such services in hotel industry even from a third grade shady hotel. The staff will at least be curteous and dont cancel the bookings at the last minute to give hotel to any other.

Thanks for the most horrible experience with any hotel ever!!

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kanika M

Travellers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

I found this hotel lacking value for money. Got a bedroom with no electrical socket besides to charge up my gadgets. The bath tub was not cleaned properly, water drainage was poor. Housekeeping staff was not responsive enough as I lost my one part of clothing given for laundry and after repetitive complaining they traced it back, hand towels were not changed in washroom on daily basis. Dinner & breakfast buffet was good with lot of options to eat. However, the hotel remains too crowded with locals and tourists pouring in.My door access card even malfunctioned and was not working properly. I need to come down to reception for complaint 2-3 times as no corridor phone facility was available for emergency. Location wise I didnt find anything to explore much outside the hotel. Overall a average experience. I would suggest one can explore & go for better options in similar budget hotel category.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rajat p
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Ah, this review is for the buffet offered at the restaurant. From starters to main course everything holds so much variety that once will simply be confused what to eat and what not to eat.

The deserts served are awesome i still can feel the strawberry cake...awesome.

Its value for money...in the cuisines you will have a mix of south Indian; Chinese; north Indian and Mughlai... The food, the place , the presentation is a perfection....

A friendly suggestion...avoid eating too much because it may make you wait a little more at the restaurant....just kidding..

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank MJRVJ
Porto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

I always stay at this hotel when I'm in Chennai. It is central and price is competetive. Now in Chennai prices are going up a lot . The staff here is very nice . Now there is a expresso machine. This is great news because it make you feel morr home . The restaurant is poor offer but it seems in 3 month there is new restaurant and pool and spa. Hoe prices will not go up .

Room Tip: The best rooms are the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank JoseSM
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

The same items for the buffet lunch on sunday were repeated for dinner and again on Monday for lunch and dinner. Economizing perhaps. Food lacks taste and service bad. Attendants at the reception lack training.

Room Tip: Horrible service, buffet lunch and dinner is offered at Rs.550/-, with the same menu and same items...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business