“Below Average, needs lots of improvement”

Comfort Inn Marina Towers
Ranked #146 of 393 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Chennai (Madras), India
“Below Average, needs lots of improvement”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Service is just below average, not so great. You need to ask or call the waiter for any request we have, was dinning in one of their outlet staffs are not even bothered they just come to work thats it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I had the most wonderful Bday surprise at the Ramada Chennai....Was escorted intothe Spa and was utterly pampered to a very relaxing Ayurvedic Message followed by setting my hair in the lovely parlour....was greeted all along with smiling staff of the hotel...My entry into Board walk with my family cheering me in made me blush....with the beautiful ambience and the live band performing all my favourite numbers- twas a perfect setting for the evening.The best of it all was when my hubby dedicated and sang "Lady in Red'' and got all the other guests asking him "Once more"...The food was excellent and so was the service...Not to forget the cake cutting when the band sang in Happy Bday...A day I would always treasure....Thank you dear family ..luv u all...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 20 January 2013

The Hotel has been taken over by Ramada Inn and you have to ask for rooms that are renovated otherwise you get a room that is poor in quality. The renovated rooms are also having teething problems with showers not working properly and taps being noisy but they are way better than other rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank maafihabibi
Assam, India
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I stayed there with my family from 21st Oct to 23rd. Location is excellent. Rooms are big and well furnished. Restaurant and the breakfast are excellent, but the bar is terrible with dirty tables here and there. I found the room service reasonably good, but the people at the reception counter could have been little swift, and at least with a smile as they took nearly 30 minutes for check in.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Italy
Reviewed 24 November 2012

The first impression it's been a dirty room, especially the bathroom. Hair everywhere.
The in dinning room service terrible. I wait for 1 hour to have a simple steak with french fries. The secon day I waited for 40min for a cheeseburger. And that efectively wasn't a cheese burger.

During the night I've been stung by mosquito several times, due to the fact it's impossible to seal the room from outside air inlet.

I asked for regular laudry service at 9am in the mornig. At my return in roon, I found my clothes closed in the laundry bag. No folded, not pressed, and.... not washed. But the bill was delivered...

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Prakash C, Manager at Comfort Inn Marina Towers, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Dear Guest,

While it is always been our endeavour to make our guests experience a memorable stay, we do acknowledge that it did not happen with you. Please accept our sincere apologies.
We wish to assure you that what you had experienced is not our usual standard. Please be assured that we have taken every measure to avoid recurrence of such instances. We sincerely hope that you would come back and stay with us to experience the difference. We would love to welcome you back and put a smile on your face.

Warm Regards

Travellers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 21 November 2012

My father and I shared a Suite in this hotel from 15th to 18th November 2012.

The suite was huge. However, the bathroom was badly designed. The button to flush the toilet was wierd and I got my finger stuck in it quite badly.

When we checked in, they said the room wasnt ready and made us wait for 15 minutes. This was after a long road journey from Bangalore.

On the second day, they didnt bother cleaning the room or bathroom. Only when my father made a fuss did they clean it. On the plus side, the manager did send a plate of fruits as an apologetic gesture.

The third day, they cleaned the room but didnt give any towels. We had to call them and ask for it.

They gave only 2 small bottles of water per day. Any extra water was charged at Rs. 80/- per bottle. Atrocious pricing. It's just goddamn drinking water. I hate it when hotels rip off their "guests" by charging so much for drinking water.

The bed was too soft and I wasnt able to get comfortable at all.

All in all, we werent too happy with the hotel and will not be coming back here.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Prakash C, Manager at Comfort Inn Marina Towers, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Dear Guest,
We take pride in offering our world class products and services to a varied discerning clientele and the same has won the appreciation of many guests as they have shared in this portal. It is very unfortunate that you did not feel the same and had to experience some inconveniences during your stay. We sincerely apologize for the same and wish to assure you that we have taken all the right measures to ensure that your next stay with us going to be a truly memorable one and that is our promise.

Warm Regards