During check in, since I was member of the Marriott loyalty club, I was upgraded by them. They did not check my tier or points. Though I am members of various clubs, this was the first time someone upgraded me without checking the background. This is exactly what loyalty clubs should be.
The room was spacious. Since I had a hectic schedule, I could not spend much time in the room. As soon as I checked in, I requested room service for a sandwich. The person taking the order claimed a delivery time of 30 minutes. I told him i have to rush out for a meeting and would appreciate faster delivery. But the person insisted on his 30 minutes.
Breakfast was good with a good spread of items. However, the service was lacking. The person next to my table wanted only a coffee and had to wait 20 minutes to be served his coffee. The team seemed understaffed and struggling to keep up with the number of guests. There was a separate counter serving filter coffee. But I saw it after I had almost finished my breakfast. Also, I could not get the attention of any staff to order a cup of filter coffee. I would recommend people to not miss the coffee and place the order themselves. The coffee counter is behind the entrance area and a bit away from where the breakfast counter is.
Like I said earlier, I could not spend much time in the room and hotel. But it sure was comfortable and I would stay here again and would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Settle into your home away from home in Chennai! We welcome you with 4-star hotel accommodations and a range of thoughtful amenities here at the Courtyard Chennai. Situated in the heart of the city's central business district, our hotel is perfect for business travelers, as well as relaxing getaways. Stylish and modern rooms, suites, and apartments include flat-screen TVs, high-speed Internet access, and plush bedding, as well as marble bathrooms with bathtub/shower combinations. Additional hotel perks include a 24-hour fitness center and delicious on-site dining at one of our several eateries. If you're planning an event in Chennai, you'll be delighted with our flexible meeting venues and state-of-the-art facilities and services, as well as expert catering. And our unbeatable location, just 20 minutes from Chennai Airport and near the US Consulate, as well as the city's IT and manufacturing hubs, makes getting where you need to go easy and stress-free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Courtyard Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Courtyard Marriott Chennai
- Marriott Chennai