“Good place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Chennai

Courtyard Chennai
Ranked #20 of 386 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
mumbai
“Good place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

During check in, since I was member of the Marriott loyalty club, I was upgraded by them. They did not check my tier or points. Though I am members of various clubs, this was the first time someone upgraded me without checking the background. This is exactly what loyalty clubs should be.

The room was spacious. Since I had a hectic schedule, I could not spend much time in the room. As soon as I checked in, I requested room service for a sandwich. The person taking the order claimed a delivery time of 30 minutes. I told him i have to rush out for a meeting and would appreciate faster delivery. But the person insisted on his 30 minutes.

Breakfast was good with a good spread of items. However, the service was lacking. The person next to my table wanted only a coffee and had to wait 20 minutes to be served his coffee. The team seemed understaffed and struggling to keep up with the number of guests. There was a separate counter serving filter coffee. But I saw it after I had almost finished my breakfast. Also, I could not get the attention of any staff to order a cup of filter coffee. I would recommend people to not miss the coffee and place the order themselves. The coffee counter is behind the entrance area and a bit away from where the breakfast counter is.

Like I said earlier, I could not spend much time in the room and hotel. But it sure was comfortable and I would stay here again and would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Have stayed in this hotel twice, the rooms are very luxurious and big however only and biggest probelem is food auality and taste, its worst than any 3 star hotel. Service is good but the buffet at the price of approx 1000 rs is horribal

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Prakash J, General Manager at Courtyard Chennai, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. I am happy to note that you had a good stay in the rooms and the service was good.

I have already spoken to the chef to have a relook at the food quality and ensure that it matches your expectation. We take great pride in ensuring all our customers have a good time at the hotel and hopefully you will find that we have acted on your feedback.

I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel during your future visit to Chennai.

Regards

Prakash J
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife Poonam and I visited Chennai in March 2014 and it was our good fortune that we stayed in Courtyard by Marriott. The hotel staff is very hospitable and courteous. They are always ready to help you with a smile!! They made our stay a wonderful one!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am happy to note that the associates made sure you had a perfect stay. I look forward to your return to the hotel

Regards

Prakash
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Was really a pleasent stay with marriott. If I will think for hotel will think for marriott. Thanks Balram and Rajesh for keeping my room clean. Overall staff is well trained. And want to thank entire team.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chandan Kumar S
ParkashJayadevan, General Manager at Courtyard Chennai, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Chandan Kumar S,

Thank you so much for your feedback and thank you for taking the time. Its great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the service of the staff to your satisfaction.I will personally let Balram & Rajesh know of your appreciation towards their efforts. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable.
Thankyou for choosing to stay with us. Please do let us know if we could be of any assistance to you. Looking forward to your next visit to the hotel.

Trivandrum
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is a pretty good business hotel and the best part is the excellent and quick service. Really great. I have stayed there a couple of times and its always the same.

The executive lounge on the top floor is very good and they offer a good space for business meeting. The snacks and drinks they serve in the evening adds value to our stay.

The rooms are pretty spacious and all rooms supplies are also great. The breakfast spread is also pretty decent and quite elaborate for someone on a business stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very good. Only the front facing ones have view. All others are same and you can o...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TonyJosephTrivandrum
Dear TonyJosephTrivandrum,

Thank-you for the uplifting and valuable feedback.We are happy to know that you had a comfotable stay with us. We will make sure the feedback reaches all the team members who were responsible for making your stay a pleasant experience. It is important for us to make sure our guests feel at home while they stay with us.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We do look forward to welcoming you back.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I was on business travel to India with Chennai being my first stop before heading over to Pune and then Bengaluru. It took me about 45min to get to the hotel during normal traffic from the airport upon arrival. I was picked up well on time and greeted by the chauffeur from the hotel's own transport service. The city sight just outside is dusty and noisy given that there is a lot of construction going on, but as you enter things become absolutely wonderful and relaxing. I was greeted and checked in by a very friendly, helpful and charming young lady who happened to be a guest relations officer. We were also given a discount voucher for the spa as well as a free 15min foot therapy coupon. The room was good with a massive bed and I must say it was very clean. The spa there is outstanding with highly professional service. The gym is well equipped and equipment there is clean. The food at the main restaurant is brilliant and the complementary breakfast has a good spread, but could use some variety over the days.

Bottom-line: Very friendly staff, high quality accommodation, lovely ambiance, nice escape from the city during a business or leisure visit. The hotel is very close to T-Nagar, which happens to be great if you're into shopping.

Things to improve on: The access cards still use magnetic stripes so they'll deactivate if you keep them with your mobile phone. Also, the TV could use more English channels as the choice is pretty limited.

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank misnad
Dear misnad,

It was a pleasure have you stay at our chennai business hotel and we thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.
It is wonderful to receive an appreciation on this forum and we thank you for rating us so. We are glad to note that your stay with us was at par with your expectations and that you were delighted with the services and facilities provided to you. Your kind words will surely be passed on to the team here and I am sure they will be happy to know that their efforts helped in making your stay memorable.

We will certainly look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for your patronage.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a work trip.
Rooms and property are a bit run down.
Had to call maintenance at midnight for excessive noise coming from the bathroom / air-conditioning which wasn't fixed.
Otherwise rooms are spacious and toilets are clean.
Quality of amenities needs to improve.
Great breakfast spread and service.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 4wdboy
Ankushsharma1, General Manager at Courtyard Chennai, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear 4wdboy,

Thankyou for taking time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreicate your fedback as it motivates us to learn where we have gone wrong and provide you with the best experience in your next visit. You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory.Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused while you stayed with us. Our property would be going under renovation soon and we hope that you have a pleasant and memorable stay in your next visit.

Please do let us know if there is anything else that we can assist you with now or in the near future. Looking forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Ankush Sharma