The room I got was awesome. Spacious room, comfortable bed, clean. Staff was helpful and courteous. Overall a pleasant experience. Minor problem was, the bathroom was small and could be cleaner. I did not inform the front desk. If I had, they would have immediately sorted out any problems I had, I am sure. So no complains.
Location is central to many attractions and business. For US consulate appointments, its actually walkable (if you are ready to walk a little over a mile) instead of fighting with rickshaw walas or struggling to find parking space.
Only watch out, If you book directly through Marriott.com, it will show the base price excluding tax and fees. the tax and fee was kind of a surprise, close to 30%, holy crap!!! I booked the hotel for 5.5K Rupees, but when checked in I ended up paying above 7K, caused a bit of a heartache :). I guess its same for all the hotels at this level.
The hotel offers breakfast and other meals. All are a bit expensive. Again, we don't expect anything cheap from hotels at this level.
Those who don't have a Car and plan to use taxis or rickshaws, I would suggest, not calling rickshaws from in front of the hotel. they will charge 3 times more money. Call taxis are more economical and better. If you absolutely have to take a rickshaw, walk a little farther and call. Its not about the money, its about the frustration bargaining.
Back to the Hotel. the room is simply awesome. Service is good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Settle into your home away from home at Courtyard by Marriott Chennai, a 4-star hotel in Chennai that offers a range of thoughtful amenities. We welcome you to stay with us, in the heart of the city's central business district. Our hotel is perfect for business travelers as well as for relaxing getaways. Courtyard by Marriott Chennai's stylish and modern rooms, suites, and apartments include flat-screen TVs, high-speed Internet access, and plush bedding, as well as marble bathrooms with bathtub/shower combinations. Additional hotel perks include a 24-hour fitness center and delicious on-site dining at our fantastic eateries. If you're planning an event in Chennai, you'll be delighted with our flexible meeting venues and state-of-the-art facilities and services, as well as our expert catering. And our unbeatable location, just 20 minutes from Chennai Airport and near the US Consulate as well as the city's IT and manufacturing hubs, makes getting where you need to go easy and stress-free. Courtyard by Marriott Chennai is a top choice among hotels in Chennai, India. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Courtyard Marriott Chennai
- Marriott Chennai