“Excellent Hospitality service.”

The Residency Towers
Ranked #24 of 407 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Travelled with my family on aug 2011 and have a stay on Urban Week end Treat package.Really this package was very worth.The ambience and the service was very good.It has also a nice location.The food in the restaruant was very good.They have offered a package for Rs.8500.only (incl.tax)for a two night stay and a complmentry dinner or lunch.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SalemYuvaraj
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Dear Valued guest,

I am delighted to learn that you had a comfortable stay at “The Residency Towers” and I truly appreciate your taking the time and posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Stayed here couple of nights on a business trip.. Quite a nice property.. my first time here.. Very impressive.. Right in middle of T.Nagar, which is THE shopping district @ Chennai..

Rooms are quite large and bathroom is luxurious!

Dined at their roof top restaurant (The crown).. I must say this is by far THE BEST Restaurant @ Chennai in terms of the dramatic setting..complete with a large water body.. Food is fantastic and service is superb..

Breakfast is sumptuous and service is great here too..

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Naresh D

Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is my second review and third stay at the Residency Towers this year.

The Residency Towers is a lovely classic four star hotel perfectly located in the center of Chennai with convenient access to shopping centers, consulates, medical facilities and local attractions. This hotel easily suits business and leisure travelers alike. The experienced staff are kind, courteous and professional. The rooms are very clean and well appointed. We stayed on the 18th floor.

There are three main restaurants (we've dined in all) - Main Street which is open 24 hours and has expansive breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets as well as Indo & Western a la carte fare.

Southern Aromas offers wonderful fine southern Indian cuisine in a very relaxing atmosphere where you can listen to live classical Indian ragas. The food is served on banana leaves on plates for that very purpose.

The Crown restaurant is located on top of the hotel and has a high vantage point overlooking the city, with indoor and outdoor dining available. My wife and I love to sit outside and enjoy the cityscape in the evenings. You can see occasional fireworks practically any evening in the city from here, especially on 'auspicious' days when there are apt to be more weddings. The food is very good and there is a new menu.

The Bike & Barrel bar & restaurant remains a popular spot for both locals and expats, especially on the weekends. The English themed two story pub with a bit of Americana is great for relaxing with a beverage as well as a bite or an entrée. Come early if you like it quiet and stay late to enjoy the DJ mix it up. Even if it’s crowded, the staff will make sure you don’t have to wait for a drink – John is the best barman in TN.

Overall, The Residency Towers rates excellent and just as importantly represents the best value in the city.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Reviewed 21 August 2012

My wife & I stayed for a weekend from Friday afternoon through to Sunday afternoon.
Good location as only approx 40mins drive from airport. 20mins drive from shopping areas.
Check in was very smooth indeed. Hotel is very grand. Room was more than adequate & very clean.
We ate at Main Street on the Friday evening, enjoying the buffet with its choice of many varieties of Indian food. There were also 2 continental dishes available.
Saturday night we ate at The Crown Restaurant which is located superbly on top of the hotel. We sat outside & enjoyed the view over the city & the cool breeze.
Breakfast gave many choices from cereals to dosas.
For those that like a bit of a boogey you must venture into the Bike bar. Music was very good with plenty of people dancing. Very good atmosphere.
We spent a few hours relaxing on the Sunday alongside the pool. Water at first felt cold but after a few minutes it was wonderful & very needful after an hour or so trying to top up the tan.
All in all a very enjoyable stay. Hotel staff very friendly & very helpful.

Room Tip: Be aware that if in a road side room the horns from cars, buses etc... start from around 5.30am. If...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Reviewed 20 August 2012

the rooms are quiet and a unique way to completely shut the windows (never seen it at least in a hotel). the restaurants are nice especially the roof top view which gives a real nnice view of the eastern and southern parts of the city. the breakfast buffet has a wide range of foods to choose from. i had a full breakfast and enjoyed my stay of 2 days.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 August 2012

I generally like the decor in this hotel and the buffet dinner is of good quality and offers good value for money. I stay here it is close to the location of seminars I attend in Chennai and I don't like the hotel where the seminars take place.

I stayed in the executive rooms on the 17th floor and twice I had issues with a lack hot water, a luke warm shower may be ok for some people, but I like my showers hot. The second time it happened I was offered the use of a room on the 12th floor in order to take a shower...well, the water was hot and I had a good shower, but now that I've seen the cheaper rooms, which are expensive by Indian standards, and had I stayed on the 12th floor, my review would be totally negative.

What is it about Indian hotels that they cannot maintain things? The bathroom was not clean, the room itself looked worn out and tired. For some reason attention to detail escapes them...there really is no point in having a spectacular foyer if a room on the 12th floor has a stained shower door, adhesive glue that is grey hanging off it, mould growing in corners and generally bad quality grouting work...it just makes it look dirty, and guess what, it is dirty. My room on the 17th floor had none of those issues.

There are also language issues. I asked for an extension cable so that I could plug in my laptop, a person arrived with a USB cable. So I explained again what I needed...oh, by the way, why do hotels place the desk so far away from the electrical sockets?......anyway, India being India, I finally got my extension cable 1.5 hours later. The most annoying thing in this hotel is that on asking something the staff always says 'Just two minutes Sir' and they do so BEFORE I've completed my sentence, which means they've not actually heard my request AND the two minutes is NEVER two minutes, it's always at least half an hour.

In speaking with the duty manager actually said to him ' If you would stop talking for a moment, you might actually hear and understand what I am asking you'. I'm constantly amazed how simple instructions are ignored. I needed to go and get my haircut so I asked them to please leave the extension cable outside my door and even asked the person 'Can you do that' and their answer was affirmative. Lo and behold on returning no cable to be seen and when I called AGAIN I was told ' We brought it to your room but no-one was there'.....sigh....

I generally like this hotel, this is my second stay....Bell Desk staff really nice, decor nice, more expensive rooms pleasant....buffet food good...service......at times, frustatingly annoying...

Really th only way to get very good service in India is either go to a Taj Hotel (The one in Bombay is world class, I'd happily live there) or to one of the international chains (Hilton, Novotel etc) where the staff have been trained by westerners...sorry to say it, but it is the truth of the matter. They don't listen, even as a foreigner I enunciate my words carefully and speak slowly and clearly...because they invariably interrupt before I'm finished, they simply don't listen and get it wrong...annoying.

If the service was up to scratch, I'd give this hotel a GOOD rating, but as it stands, AVERAGE for now.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Shavasti
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for the detailed review of "The Residency Towers" Hotel and for highlighting your concern.

Sir, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced. I have personally discussed each issue with the concerned area manager and we are taking immediate corrective measures.

I am confident that your valuable feedback will help us further improve our services.

With Warm Regards

The Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

I came to Chennai for for a business trip in July. Was looking for spa to relive my stress , logged in to snap deal got a discount of 50 % for swedish massage at alter image . I have visited many spa over the years but this had to be .mu best experience so far . The staff was polite courteous and friendly. Good manners and eticate . I wwould also like to mention this was the highlight for my stay in Chennai . As I came out rejuvanatrd and relaxed . After the the massage I event to southern aroma for lunch tried a Thai which was amazing
Overall this was my best experience in Chennai.

• Stayed: July 2012
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012