“Good hotel, decent stay but disappointing in some aspects”

The Residency Towers
Ranked #23 of 415 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed with my family for one night to attend a reception held by our hosts in one of the hotel's banquet halls. The overall stay was good. Wifi speed was also good. The best part was the food served in the continental restaurant and in the banquet halls. Enjoyed it a lot, right from Utthapam to the Chicken Biryani. However, there were a few negatives:

1. Their sales team is reallllly bad !! I called the hotel 8 - 9 times to get a qoute for room rates but I never got a decent response. Finally I booked the rooms through a website
2. Their checkin and checkout process is veryy slow.. There's always just one person at the reception and he/she spends about 20 minutes on every customer
3. The food may have been excellent, but the service in the restaurant was absolutely pathetic.. The manager had to be reminded 4 times and served a lime soda after 45 minutes of placing the order

Overall, for the price they're charging, I'll be tempted to try another hotel the next time I come to Chennai

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Good Morning Mr. Jindal

I thank you for taking the time and posting a detailed review of your stay at The Residency Towers Hotel.

At the outset, please accept my apologies for the inconveniences experienced during your stay. I have briefed the concerned Managers and we are taking immediate corrective measures.

At ‘The Residency Towers Hotel’, we are extremely focused on the comfort of our guests and I am sorry for the above lapses.

I do hope you would give us an opportunity to look after you on your next visit to Chennai.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed with my family eight nights. Everything was operated so smooth and with very very warm hospitality.
All the staff from doormen to reception,from waiters to managers were so helpfull, working with high professionality. Our little daughter especially loved bellboys Anthony and Gabriel. Of course, all the staff, especially one waiter (missed her name) had allways something nice to say to her, and she was given some nice presents also. Food was good, in buffets good selection of different style southern-indian dishes.
In the Crown we had opportunity to enjoy of Mr. Singh´s art of cooking and good view over Chennai rooftops.
Rooms were clean and well maintained, thanks for room service and laundry facilities.
Because of renovation of pool area there were not so much activities for kid´s but a ride in three-wheeler to EA- mall´s funpark did the trick.
For certain reasons, Chennai will be now our second hometown, and The Residency Towers will be our home then.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Mr. Timo

My Team and I would like to thank you for taking the time and posting an absolutely positive review of ‘The Residency Towers’ Hotel, on Trip Advisor.

I have conveyed your compliments to Anthony and Gabriel our Associates at the Bell Desk, and they are delighted to receive your recognition.

We appreciate your support and i look forward to welcoming you back at The Residency Towers Hotel

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I was used to stay in some of the 5 star hotels earlier but now whenever i need to stayback in Chennai I always stay at The Residency towers. its quite decent, clean, centrally located and above all at good proce. So I liked it very much.
thanks
Jagadeesh

Room Tip: i bet even a standard room will impress you for sure but suite is awesome.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest

My team and I would like to thank you for the extremely positive review of ‘The Residency Towers’ Hotel posted on ‘Trip Advisor’.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The Places is just yards away from the Main Highway. Stay is well maintained for all purposes starting from Business trips to Friends & Family Day out to Get-to-gethers or Parties / Functions.

The place is filling with good dining restaurants, especially "The Crown" in my favorite. The Crown is Open to Sky Roof Top with some like Music & a water body giving a good view of Chennai Town.

The rooms have a classic touch and royal flavor.

Great place to stay & dine...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed at Residency Towers Chennai for a week. Excellent hotel and very good hospitality. Rooms are very good and hotel interiors also looks very nice. Complimentary breakfast at Main street Restaurant was also very good with lot of variety. Went to the Bike and barrel pub and the ambience there was really great and also food and drinks were very good. Really enjoyed the stay there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Following issues can make the stay better:
1. At check-in, forgot to take back my ID card, nor did hotel staff bother to return
2. Breakfast selection was repeated. No change next day
3. Mosquitos in room

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Good Afternoon Mr. Vikas

I thank you for your informative review on ‘The Residency Towers’ Hotel on Trip Adviser and please do accept my apologies for the inconveniences experienced.

I have subsequently briefed the concerned Managers and we are taking immediate corrective measures.

My Team and I, can assure you that on your next visit you would have a memorable stay.

We appreciate your support and look forward to your return

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have visited this hotel @ 24.02.2014 for 1 night short stay during my tirupati trip. Hotel is 45min away from airport during traffic hours. Hotel is nice and good. room service, restaurant and BF is best. Night dinner @ roof top restaurant with city view is too good. Love to visit again

Room Tip: Top floor with city or swimming pool view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014