“My sweet home ever !”

The Residency Towers
Ranked #23 of 397 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Bengaluru, India
“My sweet home ever !”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Residency towers !! Its totally worth it ! Especially the staffs make you feel like your at home ,there warm smiles puts in so much of energy and positivity ! The food is excellent !! Remarkable !! When ever i will visit chennai my choice would be Residency Towers MY HOME !!

Room Tip: Club Room ,anyone will love it !!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest

My Team and I are delighted to read your extremely positive review on ‘The Residency Towers’ Hotel on Trip Adviser.

With Warm Regards

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed at the Residency Towers for 1 night as part of our Travel Indochina Secrets of the South Tour.

This was the end of our tour and really just a place to stay prior to flying out early the next morning.

The only negative was probably the location as we went for a walk around the area but there really wasn’t anything to see in terms of sights or shopping.

Reception was very impressive on our arrival and does not reflect the rather plain white concrete initial first impressions the actual building gives you.

The room was nicely furnished and spacious enough with a good bathroom.

There was an almost rooftop outdoor pool but the fake grass around it had mould all over it, probably from being continually wet. We were also going to try the steam room and sauna but were told that they were both cold and would take 30 minutes to heat up so we didn’t get to use them.

We had pre dinner drinks in the bar which had a good vibe to it and the service was very good, being both efficient and friendly.

Being our last night we decided to have our own farewell dinner with our travel companions at the Roof Top Crown restaurant. The food was very good and the setting outside was fantastic and we even got to see some fireworks.

As we were leaving very early the next morning they even had a breakfast box ready for us to eat on the way to the airport. It was basic but did the trick.

A nice way to finish off our holiday.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Mr. Adrian

I have conveyed your compliments to my Associates and they are pleased to receive this recognition.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here overnight on a short visit to the city.
The room was comfortable and the staff cordial.
Nothing spectacular about the hotel.The highlight of the stay was an evening out with friends at Bike and Barrel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest

My Team and I would like to thank you for taking the time and posting an absolutely positive review of ‘The Residency Towers’ Hotel, on Trip Adviser.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We celebrated our niece b day there in the hall there and rented the elite rooms.. rooms were cosy and the room service was good. Food was just amazing, we had a gr8 time... I ve made it to many residency around the country but I find chennai offers the best tasty yummy food. Keep it up!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mr. Venkatesh

I have conveyed your compliments to my colleagues and they are pleased to receive this recognition.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My favourite hotel in Chennai
I have been staying here often when on business trips
The restaurant at the top is awesome and provides a great view of the city
The rooms are spacious and super clean
Spa with steam room is excellent, swimming pool is small and not very deep, but still nice to enjoy a swim in the middle of the city
Personnel treat you as a King
Very good location, close to all business areas

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Mr. Holland

I have conveyed your compliments to the Hotel Housekeeper and they are delighted to receive your appreciation.

New Delhi
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This one will probably the worst one in the Residency group (I have used three hotels of the group by now). The famous roof top restaurant Crown also can't save it from falling to disgrace.

The ordeal started from airport pick up. After many calls and argument, I had to take a local taxi to get to the hotel, though the airport pick up with flight details were already shared and agreed with the hotel.

I was compensated by being given a higher category room, which by any means looks like from some other era (bathroom floor, fittings etc).

Followed by a dinner at the coffee shop. I am not sure what category hotel this ine is, but the coffee shop for dinner did not look like belong to any up market decent category hotel (not even 4 star one...if that's the one this is). The entire arrangement is in a disarray...not organised with soiled dishes and even worse service. Food tasted from okay to average. This one does not believe in anything to do with cleanliness and presentation.

Then comes the breakfast. For the higher category room, breakfast is served on the club floor. This might be located specially on the club floor but there's anything exclusivity about this one. Though service was better but the arrangement and option was extremely poor. It looked anything but from a good standard hotel.

After some 16 hrs of bad stay i was eager to check out and leave this place.....my ordeal was far from over...or the hotel thought that they should set the standard of bad service at every possible place. The reception desk is manned by only ONE PERSON what ever time you might come or go. So after 20 mins of patient waiting when my turn came i was refused an airport drop. Communication is downright disgusting for the reason that these guys sign contracts with corporates like us but does not communicate that to the staff or update these details on their system. So another 20 minutes of argument and discussion that this is part of the contract i managed to get my drop and left with THE HOPE THAT I NEVER GET TO STEP IN THIS HOTEL EVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank auribuddy
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest

At the outset, my Team and I would like to offer our sincere apologies for the tremendous inconveniences you had experienced during your stay at our hotel in April 2014.

At 'The Residency Towers' Hotel, we strive to ensure our esteemed guests have a memorable stay and I am extremely concerned to learn of your experience.

We shall make every effort to further enhance our service levels to ensure such issues do not reoccur.

Once again, we are sorry for the lapses.

Thanking you

With Warm Regards

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was my business trip and I stayed here for only one day and my experience was very good. Nice hotel with friendly staffs and the hotel locality was excellent. The room services were very fast. The ambiance of this hotel was very good. Room provided to me was very comfortable. Food was very good as well. Helpful staff ensured I was comfortable. It's a decent property and i would like to use it again.

Room Tip: Rooms in second floor are excellent
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest

My Team and I would like to thank you for the extremely positive review posted on ‘Trip Adviser’.

I have conveyed your compliments to the Team and they value your appreciation.

We thank you for your support and look forward to your return to 'The Residency Towers'.