“Good Day Break”

The Residency Towers
Ranked #23 of 398 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Good Day Break”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed here on 28th june 2014.

Hassle free Check in & check out.
Good ambience and location. since i am from chennai i can easily award as one of best hotel i ever stayed.

Food and room service were excellent.

Room Tip: Club room in 18Th floor is good quiet and no distrubance.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Mr. Hari Sai Kumar,

My Team and I are delighted to read your extremely positive review on ‘The Residency Towers’ Hotel on Trip Adviser.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jalahalli cross
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Residency Towers looks and feels like a 5-star with all standard amenities you can expect. It also has some of the more popular hangouts in Chennai and can be noisy in the lower floors. But as you go higher, it's very peaceful. It's an oasis of calm amidst the bus T-nagar area outside. It was a quick business trip so didn't have a chance to truly experience food and service. I asked for a toothbrush at aroun 9:30 pm. I had to call twice and wait for 40 minutes before it came. I don't know if that's a reflection of general service levels. Rooms were perfect - full marks on that. Definitely worth staying when in Chennai.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 25 July 2014

It tool me roughly an hour to reach the hotel from airport during peak hour. The cleanliness of the hotel was good. The room was also nice and clean but nothing special about the room. (About average). The staff was hospitable but the smile could have been better. Food was average.
Best part: 24 hours check in check out system. Which means that your check out time is same as your check in time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Mr. Keshant,

In-hotel restaurants - 1/5
Comfort of room - 4/5
Cleanliness - 5/5
Size of room - 4/5

Overall, my biggest gripe was the lack of service in the restaurant when we ordered à la carte. We'd ordered our food twice, and after waiting for half an hour, we had to call the manager, complain, and then order a third time before they even started preparing our food. We'd been waiting for over an hour before our food finally arrived. The restaurant was also way too noisy and my wife and I both got headaches. The music was blaring loudly and the other guests were extremely noisy, with kids running around and yelling all over the place.
The buffet spread was reasonable for the price; I've seen much bigger and better spreads for lesser prices.

Also, when we requested that breakfast be made available for us a little earlier than usual (15 mins earlier), we were told flatly that it was impossible; I'm not dinging them for that though. Just a warning for those who plan to stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Good afternoon Mr. Reale,

I would like to thank you for highlighting the issues experienced during your recent stay at The Residency Towers.

I have personally briefed the Food and Beverage Manager of your concerns and we are taking immediate corrective measures. Kindly accept my sincere apologies for the service lapses.

At The Residency Towers Hotel, we strive to ensure our guests have memorable experience and I do hope you and your family will allow us to look after you on your next visit to Chennai.

With Warm Regards,

Banbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Having arrived off the London flight at 4am I was very pleased to easily find the driver from the hotel and to have an efficient transfer and check-in. I thought the interior of the hotel was elegant and definitely a cut above most that I stay in. The room itself was well appointed and the bathroom, although a little small, was perfectly adequate with a good walk-in shower. On the negative side, I thought that the sheets smelled a bit musty as if they were not fully dry when they were folded away and it is really not good enough to be waiting ten minutes or more for a coffee at breakfast. Overall, I was heading for a three star rating until I checked out and realised what good value this hotel is. For the price I would recommend it but leave plenty of time for breakfast!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Good Afternoon Mr. Torque,

My Team and I would like to Thank you for taking the time and posting yours postive review on The Residency Towers hotel on Trip Advisor.

I had briefed the hotel house keeper and Food and Beverage Manager and we are taking corrective measures.

I thank you for bringings the Issues to My notice.We appreciate yours support and look forward to your reture.

Hotel manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great service at the hotel. Excellent location and very convenient for shopping ect. The food is great too. A must visit is the roof top restaurant. Beautiful view in the night great food and can totally unwind after a busy day. What impressed me most was their fabulous service. Here's to Grish and the front office team for the wonderful service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
TOWERSChennai, General Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Ms. Shevanthi,

It was a pleasure having you stay at "The Residency Towers" recently and I thank you for your feedback on your stay.

I am delighted to learn that your stay was comfortable. I have conveyed your compliments to Mr. Girish, at the front desk and he was happy to receive your appreciation.

With Warm Regards,

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Fantastic hotel, Nice big comfortable and clean rooms, Room service is nice. Restaurant is classy with elaborate buffet. Swimming pool in middle floor is nice. Situated in a high end central part of city with all places nearby. Pub and restaurant is also nice. Staff is pleasant.

Room Tip: Room on higher floor is nice
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Valued Customer,

I have conveyed your compliments to my Associates and they are pleased to receive this recognition.