“Hotel Regency Chennai -just ok for business travellers”
Review of The Royal Regency

The Royal Regency
Ranked #129 of 436 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I stayed at the Hotel Royal Regency Chennai on a business trip in September this year . While the location of the hotel is good the service and accomodation are very average . The Superior Room where I stayed has been recently renovated as per the hotel manager but they are nothing to be spoken about . Understand that the normal rooms are quite old - saw one of the interiors when the door was open . Room service is quite slow and the food menu is minimal . For a business traveller staying for one/two nights may be just ok - this hotel is definitely not one for a holiday . Given the price I feel that there are better hotels at Chennai than the Royal Regency .

Room Tip: In case you decide to stay here go for the Superior Rooms on the second floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 October 2011

Just returned from this hotel having spent three night there. Its better than some but could be so much nicer. They are renovating the rooms slowly and I have to say the one I stayed in was fine. The breakfast buffet is awful but I am fussy. Nothing more exciting than cereal, a boiled egg and some Indian choices. toast something that resembles butter and very sweet jam. The staff are helpful and very polite. Hot water is another matter not always instant but be patient. As this Hotel stands along a main road its very busy outside at all times. having said that I slept through the night with no problems at all. So if you want clean sheets and a comfy bed stay here. If you want luxury then its not the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2011

Excellent comfortable hotel- reasonably priced with very helpful staff. room was air conditioned and comfortable. Staff at reception were extremely helpful and the staff were well dressed and elegant.
Breakfast was varied and of a high standard. Made us a packed lunch when we requested this

Room Tip: Excellent Value- Helpful Staff
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Asoka1879
Reviewed 1 February 2011

do not go there. woke up 3 am with stinking smell. had to put air conditioner on high and fan but could not get the small away. never again will I stay there. beatiful pictures on the internet ehich is a lie.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Machua
Reviewed 21 December 2010

I had to stay for one night in this hotel. I would definitely recommend to stay away. It might sound reasonably priced but it isn't worth it. The hotel is located next to the railway tracks and the windows are not sound proof. The room was in very bad condition, the paintings on the wall falling off and such. The hallway to get to the room seemed to be bombarded and water was dripping everywhere. I asked for a bottle of water and they brought me an already opened one which I had to return.

My conclusion. Stay away. There are better places in Chennai for the same price than the Royal Regency.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Sman_01
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I have stayed there for 5 nights, from 29th October 2010 until 3rd November 2010. What can i say about this hotel... hmm... Good, really good, I will recommend this hotel to others. The food are really nice, every night we ordered food from the hotel's restaurant, The front desk staff, waiters also very friendly. Every queries from us will be entertain nicely by them(my wife is the one ask so many questions). Even they will recommend places which we should visited during our stay they. Cleanliness.... also very good. I have read somewhere where the people have commented that the hotel is filthy and smells like toilet... very bad comment because we can find which place is filthy and smells like toilet. Noisy? hahahahaa.... Chennai is a noisiest town. From my room can view railway track and trains will pass by almost every hour. The sound is not irritating as the honk/horn sound from the vehicles. Me and my half sleep peacefully during the nights, Another advantage of the hotel is situated near the public transport. Just a 3 to 5 minutes walk u can reach Chennai Railway Station. U no need to waste u time find a public vehicle to travel, u just have to stand in front of your hotel and in a minute time, a auto(3 tyre vehicle) will be at ur service. hmm.... as a conclusion, we are happy with the Royal Regency Hotel. -Shankar-

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank neshdgr8
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We have booked a Heritage room at this hotel but when we went in the room all we found was cheap furniture, stinking sheets and endless noise from the road.

Inspite of repeated requests to change sheets, nobody turned up till 2 hours. We reached hotel at 4 in the evening, when we ordered food from the menu of 24X7 food service, all they had was sandwiches.

The breakfast(included in price) will be charged if we want to have it in room.We got go into restuarant to have it. The so called WIFI available is at a price of 150 Rupees Per Hour or a Wonderful package of 1500 for two days..I have never seen anybody charge so much for internet all my life.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business