“Reasonable Place”

Pride Hotel Chennai
Ranked #119 of 415 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 18 April 2009

The hotel is not bad for the price. It is conveniently located, rooms are comfortable, the breakfast is nice. The staff is a bit rookie though.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 April 2009

I stayed here for the first time last week, with a colleage. The hotel staff was courteous and efficient, yet the food and service were just average. One would expect more from a famous chain of 4-star hotels. I was a bit disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2009

I chose The Pride for its location and after reading many reports of other Chennai hotels on Trip Advisor. I arranged for the hotel car to collect me at the airport and it was there ontime. The journey, on a Sunday afternoon, took 40 minutes and cost Rs. 750 which was worth it as the car was fairly new, clean and with AC. I booked a room for 5 nights and was upgraded to a superior room which was just like those shown on their website. The room was spotless with no bad odours (as mentioned in reviews of other hotels) and all the facilities worked well including the AC and a a flat screen TV with 100 channels. There was also internet access but I didn't need this. The king size bed was very comfortable and street noise was minimal. The bathroom in marble was elegant and had good water pressure for the shower. The bedroom was also serviced in the evening with towels replaced if necessary. All the staff were extremely polite as well as being attentive and friendly even though they had over 100 delegates at a seminar for 3 days. I tried all 3 restaurants and whilst the Casablanca offered more refined cuisine including European dishes, I prefered the Puran Da Dhaba on the 9th floor. This is open air restaurant with a good view of the surrounding area and serves a variety of local cuisine in buffet style. Chat, salads, different biryanis, tandoori meats/vegetables and a good choice of curries and desserts made this my favourite. The swimming pool and small gym with jacuzzi and steam room are now open. I made many trips and used the auto-rickshaws found on the main road outside the hotel. It surprised me that drivers were willing to wait for hours whilst I did my shopping or sight seeing and yet the prices were very reasonable. On checking out, the items on the bill were explained and there were no errors. The front desk staff were keen to receive feedback on my stay and I felt that they were genuinely customer focused and working hard to continually raise standards. In conclusion, I have travelled extensively for business in Europe, Africa, Middle East and USA over 18 years and stayed in many hotels in different categories. I have no hesitation in placing The Pride in my top 10.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2009

Good hotel with proper service & good ambience, i just saw thw website & contacted hotel for booking and had a pleasant stay

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 16 January 2009

The Nehru Park is right across the street and is popular for morning strolls and a jog. The rooms have nice decor (superior room and exec suite). The exec suite incidentally does not have an extra room, but some extra space with a table for 4. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank JoggingPlans
Reviewed 16 December 2008

Chennai had rains and there was water-logging in most of the places. Our house is in a low lying area and we were marooned in the water which flooded our locality. We did not have electricity.water and other basic needs so, we had to leave our house and look for a safer place to stay. My friends had once been to this hotel and told me that it is very nice and homely. So i wanted to try it out and called for a booking. Since it was a weekend we got a very special rate which suited us and we checked-in to the hotel. The hotel is only one year old and very comfortable rooms with wooden flooring. Eventhough i found the bathroom space to be a little small, it was well maintained and had all things required. The view from the room was towards the street and sometimed the noise of trafic did come but it was not a major disturbance. We dine at the coffee shop, which i think was the only place open and the food was very tasty and also very homely. I felt like eating at home and the steward also helped me by getting me special oreders of rotis.
Definetely a good place to stay and will recommend it to everybody. We stayed there for two days and had a very good stay.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2008

I booked the Pride through Zuji.com and it was the only Chennai hotel with any rooms available. Reasonable value for an Indian four star (about US$100 per night), good restaurant with delicious south Indian curries and clay oven baked meat. The room was modern and clean with a wooden floor and two single beds very close together. Fast, broadband connection, good selection of international and local tv channels. Great pineapple at breakfast. My only complaint was the airport transfer. On a good day it takes an hour to get to the airport from the hotel and vice versa. The car the hotel arranged on my pick up was fine, but on the way back I had a real banger. The air con failed, the gears ground and the driver seemed to love over revving it. We crawled through the traffic with the driver mopping his forehead with a rag, and me sweating profusely. Also the price at rp 500 was rip-off expensive and went up from the rp350 quoted by the front desk when the car owner walked into the lobby and saw me. I nearly missed my flight, so wasn't able to argue the price when we finally crawled into the airport.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank George H
Anup54, manager at Pride Hotel Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2009

Need good hotel with pick drop arrangement and good location and reasonable rate