This has got to be by far the worst experience that I have had, from check-in to amenities, to cleaning to checkout, absolutely pathetic.
Had gone on a business trip with 3 colleagues for 3 nights, and here are "some" of the problems that we faced:
1. Check-in: While checking in, no one knew the details of our bookings, rates or whether advance had been received or not. Further on being showed to our rooms, they weren't really Twin Room DELUX APARTMENTS at all.
2. The Set-top box (TV) in one of the rooms was not working . There was no card in the set-top box. As soon as we entered, we informed the same to the front desk/ reception. Every time, we were told that its being done, and it will get rectified in the next few hours, but full 3 days it wasn't fixed.
3. Amenities: When you book an "apartment", you expect some amount of kitchen facilities. In fact, all that they had was a refrigerator and a sink. There was no microwave, gas, tea/coffee maker, no crockery/utensils - it was absolutely bare.
On asking the reception, we were told that they don't provide microwave/stove, and everything else you had to ask for (plates, etc.). We asked for basic crockery, and that was also delivered only after we asked for it like 5 times.
4. House-keeping: The second day, after a full-day of work, when we returned to our apartment, we found that our rooms had not been cleaned. Before leaving, we had put the "clean my room" switch on in both the rooms. On inquiring about it, we were told that we needed to leave the keys at the reception, and inform then that we wanted our rooms cleaned. Apparently, they don't keep a master set of keys for the rooms. We were not informed of this either during check-in or when we had asked the reception to call us a taxi in the morning, when leaving for work.
Also, their housekeeping is on duty till only 7pm, and since it was after 7pm, there was nothing that could be done, so we had to sleep in the messy apartment.
5. "Deluxe Apartment": In a So called Deluxe apartment , only three chairs were available in a Drawing/ sitting room round table with four person accommodations. Additionally, there was no chair in one of the rooms near the writing table. On asking for a chair, we were told that all rooms are booked, so they can't help us.
What was even weird was that one day when we returned from work, we found that one of the round tables from one of the rooms (including the chairs) had disappeared, and my colleagues laptop (that he had left on the table) was found atop the refrigerator.
6. Cockroaches/cleanliness: Every room - drawing room, both toilets, kitchen area, was full of cockroaches. We complained about the same the first night itself, but nothing was done during our three night stay.
In addition, there was a lot of dust accumulated on things like the table, telephone, etc. so much so, that one of our colleagues used to keep coughing and sneezing whenever we were in the room. As soon as we would leave the premises, his allergies would be fine, so it obviously had something to do with the lack of cleanliness in our rooms.
7. Stingy: At check-in, we were provided 2 bottles of mineral water, and the next day we were told that only first day water is complimentary. Additionally, every time you requested a towel, they would charge us Rs. 25 (In fact, they only had big towels, and no hand towels at all). It was not a question of money - it was just surprising that a serviced apartment, would be so penny-foolish.
So overall, we had the worst experience ever especially for the price that we paid (equivalent to a 4-star hotel rate). A 1-2 star hotel can provide a much better quality of stay that we experienced.
Please please please - do not stay here ever!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Star City Chennai Serviced Apartments & Villas, the first and finest Serviced Apartments in Chennai is the first choice for both business and leisure travellers and just 30 minutes away from the airport and from the Central Railway station.Combining prime locations across Chennai with modern facilities we ensure that our guests experience the maximum in comfort and convenience during their stay at any of our 5 Luxury serviced apartments and villas in T.Nagar (now managed by the internationally acclaimed hotel and resort chain - Aitken Spence Hotels) and Nungambakkam. Our superb air conditioned serviced apartments, studios, suites and independent guest house villas across Chennai offer you a choice of large one bedroom, two bedroom or three bedroom accommodations featuring spacious living and dining areas, full kitchenette facilities besides room service, restaurant, house keeping and business center facilities. All assured with a personal level of service that you won't find in any other serviced apartment hotel in Chennai. Enjoy a free breakfast everyday (depending on your stay plan), meet informally with clients or friends, conduct a board meeting, dine at our specialty Mainland China restaurant and at close of the day, relax in the comfort and space of your fully furnished service apartment in Chennai.When you stay at any of our 5 StarCity Apartment hotel & villa properties across Chennai, we're confident that you will have a comfortable and enjoyable stay and most importantly, be surprised at the great value that we offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Star City Hotel & Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.