“VERY COMFORTABLE AND SAFE”

Star City Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Ranked #210 of 436 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed at Star City once again last week...as usual, a very comfortable stay. The owner, Mr Muruga Bharati and his staff, Mr Bharani and his team, took very special care of my comfort and safety. I was traveling alone this time and stayed at Star city for a night before proceeding to my hometown, Salem. They helped me out with train tickets, getting a cab to the station, and my meals. Thank you, Mr Muruga Bharati and thank you,Mr Bharani for everything that you have done for me.....without doubt, I can say that Star City is indeed my second home in Chennai...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank rehman30

Reviewed 15 April 2014

It was my stay with my friends at Star city Bazullah road, Chennai. Had a nice and pleasant stay for 3 days. Service was good and appreciable.

I would like to stay there in my next visit to Chennai as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Riyasjsr
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

i stayed at the apartment in January with a friend. The place is decent and well maintained. the staff was friendly and helpfull. there is a chineese restaurant near d lobby and the food was great altho a lil expensive. I did hav a problem with your door knob please see to it tat it is fixed as it was difficult to open when it was locked. overall a pleasant stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank richierobert
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Cleanliness and hospitality was the main factor which I liked about this place. I'm too selective in finding a place to stay, my friend recommend this place to stay. I would definitely like to stay here for my next chennai visit

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Dinesh Kumar K
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Now tell me: When a hotel labels it's room as "2-Bed room" , do you expect

1. Two individual rooms with cots in both OR
2. One room with two cots.

We expected number 1. And got number 2. The TV didn't work , breakfast , lunch and dinner has to be procured from outside by your helper. Standard of hygiene in food preparation and storage at nearby hotels leave much to be desired. The in-house chinese restaurant was deserted when we were there but looked clean and well maintained. Possibly a good choice!

A very basic but very expensive at 4800+ , only recommended for stupid T. Nagar afficiandos. If you don't have work in T.nagar , DO NOT BOOK HERE.

Only Advantage to hotel: proximity to Usman road in good neighborhood.

When did hoteliers get the brainwave to reposition double bedded rooms as "2-Bedrooms"... Thay need an award.

In one word: AVOID.

Room Tip: Almost all rooms have the same design , try to get one away from the main road on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SridharCanada
StarcityChennai, Guest Relations Manager at Star City Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Mr. Sridhar,

While we sorry for a unpleasant experience during your stay, we would like to reiterate that you had made a wrong choice during your booking and were allotted a Twin Bed Accommodation. We do have a 2 Bedroom Apartments where you indeed get 2 Bedrooms with individual beds plus a spacious living room. You get 3 32 inch LED TVs - one each in every room and a full fledged Kitchen. The entire property is also fully renovated now and take pride in providing great value for our guests.

We request you to visit us again and allow us to serve you again.

regards

Sarah Swaroop
Guest Relations - Online

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Good day to you, everyone!!!

Here is my review based on my stay at Star City Service Apartment at Bazullah Road. Beautiful apartment with classic layout for such an affordable rate and of course, not forgetting the staff, who had rendered an excellent service throughout our stay that I did not feel that I am away from home!!!! Excellent guys!!! All of you deserve the credits.. Well done, Mr Rajasekar.. You have been a very good role model to your team.. Hats off to you, guys!!! I hope the management will reward you soon for all your hardwork you have put in to provide a fabulous customer service at all times.

I got to find out about Star City Service Apartment from the website as I was searching for the nearest service apartment for an easier access to the hospital, where my mother got admitted. To my surprise, I received an immediate response the moment I emailed them. Mr Rajasekar, manager of Star City Service Apartment at Bazullah Road, provided an incredible service, which really impressed me. I did not have much expectations when I went over but am really impressed with the maintenance of the apartment and the service that they rendered. With such an incredible service and a beautiful apartment, the room rate was so affordable that any one can save from having a hole in their pocket. The best thing is, it is located at the heart of Chennai. Hence, accessibility to anywhere in Chennai was pretty convenient for us. My special thanks to Mr Rajasekar, who has went extra mile in providing us such a wonderful, spacious apartment with kitchenette. It is really worth every single penny. Of course, not forgetting my helpful housekeeping staff, Mr Bharani, room attendant, Mr Aajay and also front desk officer, Mr Aneez and Ms Chandini. I will never fail to recommend Star City Service Apartment to all my relatives and friends.. You guys will be really surprised that the reviews posted by some of them here about this service apartment will contradict when you personally experience it yourself. Trust me... Experience it before gauging!! No negative feedback at all from my personal experience.. Everything is excellent!

Great job, guys... Keep it up!!!
Looking forward to my next exciting trip with my stay in Star City!!!

P.S: There is no swimming pool or fitness centre in the service apartment itself, which does not matter, as there are nearby amenities. Really convenient for all travellers.

Room Tip: If you are going with your family, choose luxury service apartment.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah268
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed in Star City Serviced apartments while on a business trip to Chennai. The rooms are very spacious and tastefully decorated. The staffs are friendly, courteous and serves with a smile. Really value for money for food, comfort and cleanliness.

Room Tip: The room is good with very comfortable bed and neatly done interiors. Select any room, everything is...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business