GreenPark Chennai
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
OYO 8108 Adore Residency(Chennai (Madras))
Ginger Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
Bhimaas Temple Tree Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
Aadithya Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
Adithya Hotel(Thanjavur)
  • Room Service
Apollo Serviced Apartment(Chennai (Madras))
  • Room Service
Adore Residency(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
Maple Tree Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
Studio 36 Boutique Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
1,141 results
All reviewsgreen parkforum mallonce upon a timemustang barvalue for moneymalaibig mallpool sideexcellent serviceexcellent hotelget togethercourteous staffbanquet hallgreat ambiencefront officeroom servicedinner buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Stayed for 3 nights and the service is just appropriate to its price. Rooms are decently maintained but bathrooms need immediate renovation. The shower in my room leaked and the water outlet also had some trouble.
Room services are below average and they took a lot of time to answer my calls or requests. Very bad experience with laundry as they almost lost my 2 suits. When I asked why they have not delivered them they started to ask the colour of the suits! And after 4-5 calls they finally found them, but the bigger joke was - when the man came to deliver them - he asked for a tip!!

Not recommended for long staying business travellers, better suitable for wedding / short term stay.

Room Tip: Ask clearly for a king size bed, otherwise they will put single travellers in a twin bed room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I had lost my gold chain, which was my engagement chain. After five days i had realized i do not have the gold chain with me. On the sixth day i contacted each and every one regarding the same friends, office staff, hotels in which i stayed, as the last hope i called up Hotel Green park, the staff in hotel Green park said they have it, they had tried contacting me regarding the same, as i was on travel (flight), they were unable to reach me they were ready to help me regarding the same.I deeply appreciate their sincerity, character and excellent service. Hats off to the entire team for being so honest. I got my life back.

The Breakfast and stay is very peaceful and homely. The staff is very welcoming. The hotel chauffeurs are very cool, and courteous.

Room Tip: everything is excellent. Just stay there.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Suresh K
Reviewed 20 May 2012

two days back i went to a party hosted by Hotel Green Park for its privileged customers. I must say it was really lavish and pampering. The decor was stunning in the Shesh Mahal Hall. As a part of celebrations they hold annually to share their joy, Green Park invites its loyal customers and holds party every year. I am pleased to be a guest and i thoroughly enjoyed their hospitality. The food was superb. The staff was so warm and cordial, the food and beverages appeared so quickly despite a huge number of guests. The decor and the ambience of the evening was so tranquil and set the mood correctly. I suggest Green Park as an alternative to many star rated properties.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rajani B
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

As one of the reviewers here, I too called the hotel to book a banquet hall. I was met by a receptionist/customer care person who was in a pretty bad mood or one who doesn't know any customer service!!

He was saying there was no one today to answer my request but I just kept pleading him to confirm if they have any hall which can accommodate just 100 people. He sounded as if he is gonna beat me for asking him that and just hung up on me! The hotel management has to train its staff on customer service if they understand the nature of the business they're into!!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank aloysiuspj
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Buffet dinner is good but drinks are costly. But overall food spread and service in this section is good. 8.5/10 here.

Breakfast is ok (not as good as some of the US franchise hotels). One funny thing is that breakfast items are spread all over the area (360'). Juice bottles are exactly at opposite end of chicken/paratha etc main course items. Breads are again at diagonally opposite. Tea/coffee at other end. Items prepared at live counters (like dosa, masala omlet) are not having the best taste (very dull avg road side hotel taste). There are variety but quality? I am not sure.
If you go late you may not find fruit juice bottles are there (yes they don't keep fresh fruit juices in jar but put them in small refill bottle) and asking for can juices ? It may take 10mins to come if you are not so lucky. I'll give 5/10 in breakfast.

Many reviews mentioned clean rooms. But I found black stains on the padding behind bed, sofa sets (mark of hair oil ?). I have seen black stains bed sheets also, have to request room service to change them. But room service guys are good and usually they respond to customer issues on time. So have to give 7.5/10 here. But I would prefer a full carpet wall to wall and no black marks on sofa or switch panel should not have any black spots.

Beds are not as comfortable as some of other 4star hotels in similar price range (few branded ones). It's rather average roadside hotel bed. 5.5/10 here.

My observation and some of friends opinion is that this property is popular among locals/family man and more attention is given on this. So if you are business traveler looking for a clean cozy refreshing room, comfortable thick mattress, no oil stains, with a global outlook then this may not be the best choice.

But because of buffet dinner, I would still prefer this hotel (may be carrying a room freshener & putting my own bed sheet on the bed next time can help) as in hot humid weather it's difficult to get a nearby cozy place to have dinner. One more thing is that they provide free fruit platter - try it. Good one. For 24x7 room service food & dinner - it's 9/10 (not breakfast).

So many good points with few concerns. I hope during my next visit I'll see some improvement.
Overall average place for business traveler. For family man it may be an excellent option because of 24x7 foods options and proximity of market/bus station etc areas.

Room Tip: Ask for clean bed sheets,curtains and put some air freshner.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business