“Poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Park View Hotel

Park View Hotel
Ranked #254 of 388 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Bangalore
“Poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel has not been that good. The toilet has been very dirty. Most of the fittings have been broken or loose. Overall it has been bad experience. You are supposed to have given a refund of 25%. Please do the needful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

5 Thank V S V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Let me keep the review very simple with this hotel with the pros and cons.
PROS
- easy reservation and checkin process.
- located right on the main road of valluvar Kottam, nugambakkam. Closely located to all the major points of the city. 5 minutes walk to the SDAT Tennis Stadium.
- can get a corporate discount.
- a pub/night club in the basement of the hotel.
- spacious rooms
- service.
CONS
- the hotel needs to be refurbished, especially the bathrooms.
- no LCD TV, you have the conventional box type TV.
- the buffet breakfast can be skipped. I just had toast and omelette throughout my stay.

I stayed in this hotel for its location. I had work in nugambakkam, nandanam, egmore and thisis closely located to these places.

The exterior of the hotel gives the look of a luxury hotel, but the room quality are that of a budget hotel and I feel its priced on the higher side for the amenities offered.

Room Tip: Choose a room on floor 4 to be near the breakfast and away from the noisy pub in the basement.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank vishnuvardhan27
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed in the hotel on 3rd Jan,14. I forgot my gold chain worth Rs. 1 Lakh in hotel room and checked out, after an hour hotel staff called me on my mobile and informed that i forget my g.old chain., Truly impressed with their sincerity.,

L.S - Hyderabad

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Lsrinivas
Bengaluru, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

I called up the hotel phone number the day before I drove to Chennai from Bangalore. A lady in a sweet voice spoke to me , and I told her that I need an AC double bed room for 2 days. I even asked her whether I had to book the room online by paying the booking amount, but she told me not to book online. She told me that she will be sending me a booking confirmation sms, which I received after the call got over.
I drove to chennai and reached the hotel at 10am( my promised time was 8am). Reached late to the hotel because of chennai traffic.
When I reached the reception, I told him that I had booked a room and showed him the sms conformation .
What he replied actually shocked me. He told that the hotel got a call from someone and asked to cancel the booking which was on my name. And they cancelled the booking. !!!!
I told ok, lets leave on who has called, and I requested him to give me another room. HE told me that there are no rooms available.
I came out , called Just dial and Just dial gave a couple of options . I called up a number of hotels and finally got good option in Prathap Plaza hotel . This whole mess created by Park View hotel took 3 hours of my quality time. And man its very difficult to converse in Chennai ..!!

So guys be aware while you go to this hotel. BE extra cautious while booking rooms.
The guy in the reception is very rude.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Samratskr

Travellers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

We stayed for Four Nights/Five Days in this hotel from 14th Apr 2013 @ Room No 404
Pros : - Reasonable Rates, Friendly Staff, Good Complementary Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner ( Alcarte excellent, Large rooms, clean linen
Cons : - A/c not functioning properly( may be it needs filter cleaning or gas top-up, CRT television (preferably should be fitted with LCD/LED) , Fan making noise at low speed. Blankets needs dry cleaning or replacement
Verdict : Will I come again ?. Definitely Yes, despite minor shortcomings - Ahamed

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ajmal A
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

I stayed in this property on 6th Feb, Hotel located close to US Embassy 5 mins drive, rooms are newly painted,staff's are all very pleasant, reasonable rates, good breakfast, given free WiFi but its good for only 12 hours needs to be 24 hrs..................other than that its a great stay

Room Tip: Room # 416 was great
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Shanthy2k
Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

The staff is very courteous and respectful in every department (reception, house keeping and room service).
The rooms are quite clean and the bathroom is average.
We only ordered tea and water for room service so I can't really comment on the food.
They have a club called minus 1, just in case you are looking to drink without having to step out.
Location is good, well connected to most areas and important landmarks.
We were given an extra hour before checking out without any hassle or extra charge.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business