We had three rooms booked at this hotel for the night - transit - from Pondicherry on the way to Kolkata. Reached quite late and left early in the morning for the airport.
The hotel itself is located centrally but surrounded by residential buildings and is thus quiet. The staff was very courteous right from the point of check-in to check-out.
Rooms - Spacious, aesthetic, clean, well illuminated and well maintained. Beds were comfortable thus the sleep quality was good. (Rooms # 511, 517, 518). (Upon check-in we were provided with #520 which had a loud generator noise - promptly changed to #511)
Food - The dinner at the restaurant was very good and light on the stomach. We all enjoyed it. The breakfast next morning was typically south Indian and could have some more variety.
Two small put - offs - - -
1. At the time of paying my bills on 2nd Jan, I asked the cashier if I could have a newspaper. He handed me a copy of The Hindu. Upon sighting The Times of India, I asked if I could have a copy of that instead- his reply - " No Sir, we have to keep a copy for our MD, I can't give this." While leaving I went up to to him and said " I'm from the hotel industry and I understand the working of a hotel. You cannot refuse a guest point blank on his face. You should take precautions of not displaying things which are meant for your MD. If I have asked you for the paper you should have given it to me and purchased another one for your MD - as simple as that."
2. The driver of the Toyota Innova we hired for the airport drop was very loud and blank with his question at the Porch - to the point of being rude - " Aap airport ka parking fee pay kar diye hai, kyunki boht guest nahin dete aur woh mere pocket se jaata hai"
I told him if we exceed the 5 minutes allowed, I shall pay. We hurriedly unloaded the luggage in under three minutes from the time he collected the parking ticket ( I made it a point to time the same ), but he refused to budge without the parking fee. Ultimately I paid upon being goaded by my family members.
Would request the MD to look into the same.
Overall a very good budget hotel. Would definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beverly Hotel has 52 elegant and well appointed rooms and suites. The rooms are equipped with direct dial telephone having voicemail and call forwarding, colour TV with satellite transmission, running hot and cold water, free wifi,and electronic safe,and a mini refrigerator.The hotel is centrally air-conditioned and each room is installed with a climate control panel.Pacifica: A multi- cuisine restaurant serving authentic Indian, Chinese and Continental cuisine.Sunset Place: The Bar serving Indian and Foriegn liquor.Los Angeles ans San Francisco: The Banquet Halls with a capacity to cater from 25 to 350 guests be it formal or informal.Other Services include the Business centre, Foreign Exchange,Doctor on call, In-house laundry and 24 hours Room Service.Beverly is a Govt.categorized 3 star hotel in the heart of Chennai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Beverly Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.