“Very Good Stay”
Review of Beverly Hotel

Beverly Hotel
Ranked #96 of 398 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Very Good Stay”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We had three rooms booked at this hotel for the night - transit - from Pondicherry on the way to Kolkata. Reached quite late and left early in the morning for the airport.

The hotel itself is located centrally but surrounded by residential buildings and is thus quiet. The staff was very courteous right from the point of check-in to check-out.

Rooms - Spacious, aesthetic, clean, well illuminated and well maintained. Beds were comfortable thus the sleep quality was good. (Rooms # 511, 517, 518). (Upon check-in we were provided with #520 which had a loud generator noise - promptly changed to #511)

Food - The dinner at the restaurant was very good and light on the stomach. We all enjoyed it. The breakfast next morning was typically south Indian and could have some more variety.

Two small put - offs - - -

1. At the time of paying my bills on 2nd Jan, I asked the cashier if I could have a newspaper. He handed me a copy of The Hindu. Upon sighting The Times of India, I asked if I could have a copy of that instead- his reply - " No Sir, we have to keep a copy for our MD, I can't give this." While leaving I went up to to him and said " I'm from the hotel industry and I understand the working of a hotel. You cannot refuse a guest point blank on his face. You should take precautions of not displaying things which are meant for your MD. If I have asked you for the paper you should have given it to me and purchased another one for your MD - as simple as that."

2. The driver of the Toyota Innova we hired for the airport drop was very loud and blank with his question at the Porch - to the point of being rude - " Aap airport ka parking fee pay kar diye hai, kyunki boht guest nahin dete aur woh mere pocket se jaata hai"
I told him if we exceed the 5 minutes allowed, I shall pay. We hurriedly unloaded the luggage in under three minutes from the time he collected the parking ticket ( I made it a point to time the same ), but he refused to budge without the parking fee. Ultimately I paid upon being goaded by my family members.

Would request the MD to look into the same.

Overall a very good budget hotel. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank M_Khurana
Randolph C, General Manager at Beverly Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2014

Greetings from Beverly!!

Many thanks for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor. I have shared your comments with my team and we are happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us, nevertheless we regrett for the lapses in our service delivery during your stay and we have taken up the matter with the concerned department and assure you that remedial action has been taken.
Looking forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards

Randolph Clark.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Salem, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a day... The staff were very polite and courteous... The rooms were spacious clean and well maintained..Having aesthetic look all interior.. Comfort level was very good. Break fast was good ..All varieties in South Indian were available..Another major advantage is that this hotel is , this hotel is sandwiched between two arterial roads of chennai city, poonamalle High Road and Purasaiwalkam High Road... and is located in the heart of the city.. very near to both train terminus es and away just by a straight drive from city airport...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Randolph C, General Manager at Beverly Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2014

Greetings from Beverly!!

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor. I have shared your comments with my team and we are indeed happy that you found our services and products to your satisfaction.
All at Beverly join me in thanking you for giving us an opportunity to serve you.

Indore, India
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Hotel is averagely good. Morning breakfast South Indian is very good. Rooms are clean, good & specious. Easily approachable to the centre of city. Reception & staff welcomes warmly. Health club is ok.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from Beverly!!

Thank you very much for reviewing us on tripadvisor, we ar indeed happy that you found our services and products to your satisfaction.
I have shared your comments with my team and look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

Best Wishes

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Went to Chennai for the 1st time to go and visit Pondacherry to visit the temples. First do not go to Chennai via the train as the train station is dreadful and there is many crooks waiting to rip you off, firstly the porters, then Fasttrack taxis who are wanting to charge 4 times the amount, it was a good job my husband paid the pre-paid fare, but then even then the drivers was telling us good luck on finding a driver. We arrived at the hotel about 0600 hrs and it was a great relief when I saw the hotel, it looked better than on the internet, we checked in and was grateful for breakfast, but we did not realise that we were going to be rained in due to the cyclone coming from the Phillipines, so that is why we were unable to visit Pondercherry. Then my husband got sick and the hotel staff asked whether I needed a doctor, they were very helpful and kind. They eventually arranged for us to visit a temple closer to Chennai, we were a little disappointed, but anything was better than nothing. The restaurant was good, but the service was a little slow and the understanding of English I found was a problem. The hotel let us stay 1 night free and gave us a complimentary breakfast on the last day, so I would definitely stay again. Thank you to the manager.

Room Tip: We stayed in an Executive double, it was big enough for 3 people
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Beverly!!

Many thanks for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor, and am indeed motivated by your comments as we at Beverly would go out of the way to ensure that our guests feel at home.
I have shared your feedback with my team and am happy that you found our staff very supportive and our services to your satisfaction.

Salem, India
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stay here regularly. The rooms are spacious. Locationwise it is strategically located to commute to any location in Chennai. The rooms are being spruned up recently to give a new look. The food here is good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Beverly!!

Thank you very much for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on tripadvisor, and thank you for patronising us. I have shared your feedback with my team and am extremely happy that you found our services and products to your satisfaction.
Looking forward to your continued patronage.

Randolph Clark.
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed at the Beverly during a business visit to Chennai. It does not differ greatly from the usual hotels in this price range. One always desires greater value for each penny spent but then it seemed like value for money.
The location is the best aspect of the hotel - its tucked away off the main street yet you can easily walk to the main road to get access to public transport. I like such places. The staff are courteous - happy to help and eager to serve. Another thing that I liked is that they had satellite TV which is something I always suffer for when I travel to South India (especially the smaller towns).
If you choose the Beverly ask for room with a LCD/LED, some of the rooms still have old fashioned box TVs.
There is a small issue at breakfast - the hotel has a large clientele of Marwadis (or atleast had when I went). So the breakfast will be strictly vegetarian - the serving staff assumes you will NOT want any non vegetarian stuff for breakfast like cold cuts or eggs. This could be changed.
All in all slightly overpriced but worth a visit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Randolph C, General Manager at Beverly Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear guest,

Greetings from Beverly!!

Many thanks for your feedback shared with us on tripadvisor, it is only with feedbacks from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to give our customer the best.

Beverly located in the heart of the city, close to the railway stations, shopping malls and business centres and is the most prefered choice for the business traveller.

I have shared your feed back with my team members and am happy to note that we were able to meet up to yor expectation and we look forward to welcoming you always at Beverly.

Best Wishes