“Location is Good,, But”

Hotel Maurya International
Ranked #176 of 395 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed here for a day. I chose this place as my brother lives near by in Vadapalani.

I recommend this hotel for many reasons. Hotel is a good location and staff are very nice.

I liked the hospitality. Breakfast is really best. I have called my brother and my uncle and they charged very little for extra bed.

I was happy with my stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Rama Mohan D
Reviewed 12 January 2014

i have stayed almost three times - all in different years. But still it is always in my good books as it meets the expectations all the time.
Location is close to the central bus station.
Good locality - bus,auto in the vicinity, lots of eateries near by, mall /movie theatres /hospital /a famous hindu temple of lord murugan - all in a few minutes walk!
Booking, checkin,checkout is all smooth and fast.
Cost is affordable - aircon, wifi, room service, free breakfast, 24 hours checkout, hot/cold shower.
There is good food in all cuisines but focus is mostly on the south indian. Highlight is the midnight counter that has lots of delicacies and operates till 6 am. It is convenient for people who check in late, come back late after a tiring day and most importantly for people who want to check out quite early to catch their flight/train.
Down side is the room size which is just okay for a business traveller but not for a family with lots of baggages. I guess some floors have spacious rooms.
Service is awesome. I still remember my laptop had some electrical problem which lead to tripping of power in my room. The electrical engineer was quickly called in and the problem diagnosed. They quickly changed my room even though the issue was with my appliance.

Room Tip: take a look at the room first if you have lots of baggage. prefer rooms in the upper floors.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Mumbai
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This hotel is in good area but lack of hot water, water for rest room, tv channels, small rest room . The lifts are good. Very near to Murugan temple. Otherwise the hotel is good . For vegetarians the hotel is not suitable for food.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

2 Thank COIMBATOREMANOJ
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have stayed more than 25 times in this hotel between 1998 & 2006. The place was central to the factories that I visited. The breakfast catered mainly for Indian Veg guest. I was not complaining about the food. The rooms varied in size but the rate did not. The staff were ok at that time & used to always reserve a room for me even if the hotel was full. I used to be out during day & only came back at night & cannot comment about anything during day. I hope they improve on the A/C as there was some musty smell in the small rooms towards the rear of the building. I generally took the ones in front of the building.

Room Tip: Opt for the rooms in front of the building.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Harsha_Pilapitiya
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Pluses: location and access to airport, hospitals, 24 hour check out.

Minuses: poor maintenance, poor service

made an order for mineral water thrice to the room service & bell hop, it was delivered after i went out 3hrs later!
The rooms are not well cleaned and smelt of cigarette smoke when i entered and took about 30 minutes to go after the ac came on. the bathroom shower curtain had fallen off! The suite had a dining table though.
The cafeteria served decent breakfast though brown bread was not there. THe fare was simple and clean Quarter plates were missing and had to be asked for, cutlery is sans knife. No meat served for b'fast anyway.
Visit the place to convince yourself. If you are looking for just a bed, 24 hrs check out, its OK.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank harihara m
India
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Friends please never select this hotel ever.
The only reason I chose and booked this hotel online was seeing the location map and the room images shown in various websites...
But I was left totally aghast upon arrival and viewing my room.
First of all it was bloody stinky and had a filthy odour (maybe coz the windows are permanently sealed and no room fresheners used) as soon as I entered, and it was too small and outdated (built in 1993-sadly I should have done some research before booking) and dusty with cobwebs and all totally giving a nauseating feeling.
Secondly Its impossible to move inside the bathroom and even breathe properly...
But the thing that hurt me the most is when I realised that the complimentary wifi that was part of the deal was not working for the past few days and so I was literally stuck for two days without my social networking sites and moreover I had to roam around in search for a net cafe to do my online ticketing and other stuff...
So I was totally dissappointed with my 2 days stay especially after paying Rs 2600/day for this filthy thing... The hotel's name itself is a misnomer - Maurya "International" ! Yeah ryt!

• Stayed August 2013