“The Perfect Business Hotel”
Review of The Residency

The Residency
Ranked #38 of 396 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Bangalore
“The Perfect Business Hotel”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I stayed in this hotel during my business trip to Chennai on 14th of October and stayed for ond night.I have stayed here even before for many occasions. The hotel is centrally located and has the right ambience for a frequent business traveller.The check out time is 24 hrs..this is very convenient.The mind set of the staff is to help the guests right from the lobby to house keeping and room service. The menu suits thd taste of the travellers and the preparation is awesome.The service speed is good and they maintain a smiling face. The rooms are well equipped with will fi connectivity and good lighting system. The breakfast is complimentary and the spread is mind bogling. If you are carrying your family also , they will not feel out of place in this hotel. Compared to all these, the room rates are right and a good value for money. I strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 508, 510 are good rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank saugata
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Dear Valued Guest
Greetings!
I am extremely delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay at "The Residency" Chennai and I truly appreciate you taking time and posting your feedback on The Trip Advisor.
Thanking you
D.Charles Fabian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
mumbai
Reviewed 22 September 2012

After staying in few other hotels in Chennai, i felt great when i went back to Residency last week. The hotel General Manager, Charles, had left a nice note for me in my room welcoming me back. He even joined for breakfast next morning which is a clear sign of "customer first" concept. I was surprised to see the changes in the room like a ipod docking station, wooden floors,few changes in the shower area and nice lamp shades. Breakfast was as usual lip smacking. Felt good to be back. Thanks guys. Keep up the good work. Suresh

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sureshdeenan
Dear Mr. Suresh
Greetings!
At the outset I would like to thank you for returning back to The Residency after a long time and I am glad to hear that your stay was comfortable. I also appreciate you taking time and posting your feedback on the Tripadvisor, the measures we had taken to enhance our facilities in the room.
We look forward to your continued patronage.
Hyderabad
Reviewed 10 September 2012

When arrived at this hotel, I had to literally get down out of the car almost outside the hotel as the drive-way is packed with cars..
Looks like there was an event /function going on at the hotel and reception area was quite noisy, when I arrived...

Check-in was prompt and the room is quite nice..
On a Value for money front, this is an excellent hotel.. Ordered few drinks and dinner from room service & quality of food is reasonable..
Breakfast was quite nice and service very warm and friendly..
Charges for airport drop is quite reasonable (about Rs.600.00+)..

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Naresh
Greetings!
I am extremely happy to learn that you had a comfortable stay at "The Residency" Chennai and I truly appreciate you taking time and posting you valuable feedback on The Tripadvisor.
Thanking you
Singapore
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I spent 5 nights at this Hotel to catch up with my friends in Chennai. Value for money. The food was excellent, especially the Fish Tikka from room service. The staff all were so helpful. The bell boys are very informative and guides you well. Very good WiFi coverage which was very useful to communicate with family.

The morning breakfast was equally good. The area the Hotel was located, is close to many eateries and shopping. If you love South Indian music, do not miss the excellent performance by a talented play back singer on Thursday Night. Make sure you make a reservation at least 2 weeks earlier, it is very packed.

I really enjoyed my stay, I felt I was at Home. Congratulations to the Team. Cheers!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank muthu6820
Dear Mr. Muthu
Greetings!
At the outset I would like to thank you for choosing The Residency as a venue to stay during your recent visit to Chennai and I am happy to know that your stay was comfortable. I shall most definitely share you compliments to my team, especially the chef. I also thank you for taking time and posting your feedback on the tripadvisor.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I was in this hotel again in July. Now I can see lot of changes in the overall approach towards managing guest(s) need. Room service was very very quick – Really was pleased to this change. Whole cycle - Right from Check in formalities to check out was very smooth. Great “ Chin Chin ” restaurant - I will say one of the best Chiness food I had ever had . Breakfast as usual was superb. In my opinion this hotel is moving from a good hotel to a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank prashant1272
Dear Mr. Prashanth
Greetings!
I wish to thank you for your return to our hotel and I truly appreciate you taking time to post your valuable feedback on The tripadvisor. We have taken your earlier feedback in a positive manner and remedial measures have been taken.
We look forward to your continued patronage.
General Manager.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Very good customer service at front desk, laundry, and restaurants. You get a free breakfast buffet with the room - has a good variety of Indian and western dishes. Eggs and dosas made fresh upon order, and served to your table by one of the many well trained wait staff.

I was there for a wedding and needed help wearing my sari - reception sent up a female receptionist to help me out!

Also, if you are traveling within India from Chennai, the hotel is willing to hold your extra luggage for you (internal flights DO charge for excess baggage!). Just remember, the hotel does not assume responsibility for your belongings so don't leave anything too important, and lock your luggage if you are concerned. We left ours unlocked and it was just fine.

The hotel's Chinese restaurant - Chin Chin - is very good.

The only downfall is that the hotel's bar draws a somewhat rowdy bunch on Friday and Saturday nights. If you are a single woman or traveling with only women, I suggest you request an escort to your room.

Room Tip: Housekeeping needs a tip BEFORE they fully clean your room. This is nothing to get upset about - jus...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lila J
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings,

We would like to thank you for having chosen The Residency for your stay in Chennai. It was truly encouraging to read your feedback on tripadvisor. It will help us to serve you better.

Looking forward to personally welcoming you again to The Residency.

Warm regards
Reviewed 10 August 2012 via mobile

bad experience. the rooms have damp smel and feels very lousy. the smells as if not opned for years.
the tv is 15 inches and so small that actually its iritaring to watch lying at bed.
the ac gives you the temp of its choice. no matter you change it temp of your choice.
the tv channels are taken from local cable poor picture quality.

i woukd never stay here again

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Jk25x
Dear Valued Guest
I have made note of your feedback on our product and I am extremely sorry for the all the inconveniences caused during your stay. I assure that remedial measures will be taken on the points highlighted by you. I am sure that you will notice remarkable changes on your next visit.
With best wishes.