“Excellent Hotel”
Review of The Residency

The Residency
Ranked #31 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have stayed only one day as a business traveler in this hotel, hotel room, service, behavior of the staff all are extraordinarily good. I will recommend this hotel to all. Out of their way the staffs are helping their guests. I have enjoyed the breakfast too. From continental to south indian all choices i had. In future I will come with family and wish to spend few nights here.

Room Tip: all room are good but i will prefer some corner room like 716 and take a room above sixth floor back...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Dear Valued Guest

At the outset I would like to thank you for choosing The Residency Chennai as a venue to stay during your recent visit. I also thank you for taking time to post your feedback in the trip advisor.
we are glad to note that you had enjoyed your stay at our property and rated it as excellent.
Your feedback makes are services better and motivates all our staff and self.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Residency Chennai.

with best regards
Charles Fabian

There are newer reviews for The Residency

Reviewed 16 March 2013

There are very few hotels in Chennai that can cater to the varying needs of a business traveler at a price one cannot grudge at all. The Residency on GN Chetty Road fits the bill in all respects.

I am frequent business traveller and over the past many years I always end up staying in a hotel almost every other week. Invariably, I spend three to four days a month in Chennai and since the time Residency went thru a thorough renovation. I have often returned to stay in this hotel after checking out the experience of those who chose to stay in similar other properties in the city.

Indeed, I like the spacious rooms, their pleasant ambiance, various amenities in the room, the comfy bed, etc which could make one's stay peacful and comfortable. Maybe, the room climate control needs some attention in some of the rooms.

The free internet service and 24 hour check out make life more tension free.

What I really like is the efficiency of the staff who handle the front desk and manage housekeeping. They are prompt and very responsive. Of course, one will really enjoy the breakfast buffet, with a variety of multi-couisine spread to choose from. My friends find the dinner at the Chinese restaurant on the first floor much better than any thing on the menu of the nearby restaurants.

I like this place. Hope the property will be maintained well as it has been in the past years. I always refer my friends to stay at Residency whenever they are in Chennai.

Room Tip: Rooms with hard floor are more comfortable,
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Greetings!
At the outset I would like to thank you for your continued patronage and we truly appreciate your interest in our hotel.
I thank you very much for taking time to post your feedback on the trip advisor and rated our property as excellant.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Residency.
with best wishes

Reviewed 15 March 2013

The hotel is centrally located and average for an overnight stay. The rooms are just about comfortable but the noise levels are not properly arrested by the construction, so sleep quality gets affected. The braekfast spread is, however, very good and was a pleasant surprise. Check in and check out formalities are a little slow and could be faster.

Room Tip: Try not to take rooms facing the road
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Greetings! I thank you for taking time and posting your feedback on the trip advisor. I am personally initiating corrective measures to immediately address on the points highlighted like noise level etc.
I do hope you will give us an opportunity to look after you on your next visit.
Thanking you
with best wishes.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

This one is the old one while the new Residency Towers is the one more talked about.

Except the small lobby rest all facilities are well taken care of.

Fast and effecient check in and check out process.

Spacious and well equipped rooms with WIFI enabled.

Two dining option and a bar. The coffee shop at the lobby level has a huge buffet option but can be managed better in terms of properly heated food. Service is good.

But what gets the thumbs up is the price (courtesy corporate tie up) and what you get for it - GREAT!!!

Dear Valued guest,
At the outset I would like to thank you for taking time to post your feedback on the Trip advisor and we are glad to note that you have enjoyed your stay at our property. We also thank you for rating our hotel very good. I had made note of your observation and assure corrective measures.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Residency Chennai.

With best wishes.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

The experience was very good overall. The staff was very nice and co-operative. The live music shows on Thursdays and Fridays are a treat to watch and the credit goes to the GM for his vision and of course the artists -who are just great.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Dear Valued Guest
Greetings! Thank you for taking time to post your feedback on the Trip Advisor.
we are delighted to know that you enjoyed the stay at our property and rated it as very good.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Residency.

with best wishes

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Stayed and delivered a training workshop in the hotel. The good facilities and the attention to detail by the staff meant that the training session went very well. Food was of a high standard and the delegates much appreciated the quality and the service provided. Have not given this a 5 because my first suite, although well appointed with a sitting room and large bedroom, was just under the gym which opened at 6 am, and was a bit noisy. My colleague nearby was not disturbed by the noise, so i think i was just unlucky.The hotel was quick to apologise though and moved me to a very quiet and similarly well appointed room for the rest of my stay. The suite of rooms are well furnished and ideal for business travellers. Staff were very friendly and thoughtful.

Room Tip: Suggest you don't have a room on 9th floor under the gym
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Greetings! Thank you very much for taking time to post your feedback on the trip advisor. We are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay at our property and rated it as very good. Your feedback makes our services better and also motivates staff and self to do better.
I have noted your observation on the room below the fitness center and initiated corrective measures.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Residency Chennai.
With best wishes

Reviewed 6 March 2013

I am a regular visitor to The Residency located in G.N Chetty Road T Nagar Chennai for the past 3 yrs and I've been staying for a day or two quite often. The stay is really nice and so are the staff, in the end I was almost sorry to leave.Upon arriving I found myself in a valley of smiles starting from the General Manager till the room attendant . Entering the room, it was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise). One special thing I noticed in this hotel is once you enter the room after check in, the room would be already chill even before the AC is on. The bathroom is also spacious and very clean. The shower seems to be bigger than my house.
The bed was one thing that if I could take him home, I would have done. Hard in the right places and comfortable. Very rich and tasty breakfast, I love delicious south Indian Idly and Pongal, and I found the best around. With each breakfast I became more spoiled.
These are the things that made me enjoy my stay at this hotel, but my warmest congratulations to the hotel for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member. Congratulations from the heart, you were fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much for taking time to post your feedback on Trip advisor. We are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and rated it as excellent. Your feedback enhances are services and also motivates staff and self.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to "The Residency ".
With best wishes