The Residency
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$179
Taj Hotels
US$220
  • Pool
Taj Club House(Chennai (Madras))
US$151
US$121
Hilton Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$113
  • Pool
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$118
The Residency Towers(Chennai (Madras))
US$83
US$74
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
US$86
US$62
Agoda.com
The Accord Metropolitan(Chennai (Madras))
US$78
US$75
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$169
US$164
  • Pool
All reviewschin chint nagargn chetty roadvalue for moneyshopping placeschinese restaurantroom servicecomfortable stayhouse keepingbusiness hotelfront officebreakfast spreadcentral locationbusiness triprooms are cleanstayed for nightscourteous staff
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Have been to this hotel for quite some time in last 6 months, i found out this is my favorite and best place to stay whenever i come on business trip. Very prompt in airport pickups and drops, excellent front office staffs where i spend very little time with them,complimentary wi-fi, in room cleanliness and amenities are just perfect and Chin-Chin restaurant is just superb in whatever they prepare. Overall it was a comfortable stay there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Greetings,

I would like to thank you for taking out some time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor and I truly appreciate the same. Our allegiance to personalized services lie in your feedback and encouragement. I sincerely hope that you would give us many more opportunities to serve you in the future.

Looking forward to personally welcoming you back to The Residency.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This time during the stay, I fould that the hotel had improved in a number of areas like decor, cleanliness, service and general appearance. the rooms were kept ready and clean. Staff was efficient in check in and check out activities

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator area

Greetings,

I would like to thank you for taking out some of your valuable time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor. It was indeed a pleasure to know that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel. We value the same as it will motivate the staff to serve you better.

Looking forward to personally welcoming you again to The Residency.

With Best Wishes

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here for a night in last December on my trip to India. I booked through hotels.com website paying the full amount in US dollars and received a nice discount. But at the check-in, the front desk staffs were asking me how I was gonna pay the rest of the amount?!! What?? Well, after a few minutes of discussion, they gave me room without much trouble.

We had a comfortable stay. Room and other places were clean and maintained well like good hotels here in the USA. There was no tub in the bathroom. The room we got was quiet and we had a good sleep.The free breakfast buffet was nice. Another minor negative experience was about the coffeemaker that was left unwashed from previous usage. Apparently, the housekeeping staffs were not up to the mark. But it didn't bother us since we headed straight to the breakfast buffet!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2015

Dear Valued guest.,

Greetings,

My Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your recent visit to our hotel, I have personally taken this up with the Head of Rooms Division and the concerned team Member.

Looking forward to welcome you again to The Residency.

S.Venkat N.Reddy

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My family and I were honestly very impressed with the almost personalised attention we received at the Residency hotel in Chennai. we arrived from Singapore in July and had a very enjoyable stay at the Residency. The staff were among the most professional yet friendly people we met. What impressed us most was how well informed they were about information we needed. They guided us to the places of interest we hoped to see and suggested even more. We thoroughly enjoyed watching the World Cup matches at no extra cost and we were told the times and dates (as we were from a different time zone) of the matches by the well informed staff. The facilities were more than adequate for us. When one of us, required emergency medical assistance at night, the hotel staff treated the matter with utmost attention and we could not have done without their assistance. I highly recommend The Residency to those who require hotel accommodation in Chennai, Especially if you are a new comer there. I will be returning to chennai in October and it is comforting to know that we have a safe and comfortable venue to stay when we come. In fact we are even looking forward to meeting certain members of the staff who have become our friends. Can't say it enough but it was Great at the Residency, Chennai.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank WilsonF1958
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015

Dear Mr. Wilson,

Greetings,

At the outset I would like to thank you for having taken out some of your valuable time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor. It was indeed a pleasure to know that you had a comfortable stay in our hotel. We at The Residency truly value your positive feedback. We sincerely hope you will give us many more opportunities to serve you in the future.

Looking forward to welcoming you again to The Residency.

S.Venkat N Reddy

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have been staying in this hotel for over 15 years now. Always improved service. Great place to stay in Chennai and Cleartrip gave a good deal making it very attractive. I used their car and the charges are very reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank vgsk
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Greetings,

Looking forward to welcoming you again to The Residency.