“Best Pure Vegetarian Restaurant”

Annalakshmi Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 6,614 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Best Pure Vegetarian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

It is the place not to miss if you are a pure vegetarian. Great homely taste. Nice ambiance. All dishes are wonderful. Not to miss one visit to buffet and one to Al a Carte sections. Puliodarai is typical one they serve as prasad in the temples. Limited timings. Needs advance booking.

Chennai
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Even goddess Mahalakshmi will like the Preethi Bojanam served here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Best food ever I had in my life. I was like awe to know that how many rich veg dishes they have bought in the fantastic thali. Drumstick soup was excellent and never miss the payasam they serve at the end as dessert. I am pretty sure you will like all the dishes they server as part of the thali .I say I had one of the finest food in my life. Cost seems to be like an extra mile , but I am sure we can definitely pay for the ambiance and the quality of food they provide.

Service was excellent with loving hospitality.

Finally , Once again Preethi Bojanam just love it.

1 Thank ChaitanyaKrishna
Chennai (Madras), India
“Attitude needs Change”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Lets start with location, well not so easy to locate if you are a new to Chennai, Getting a table here is not easy as you have to book and this is where trouble starts... you don't get booking easy and when you get you have restaurant manager saying if you don't enter by 9:00 PM we cant entertain you... That's beyond a decent hospitality, the guy I spoke to was way to rude.. My driver had to fly the car as we were stuck in chennai traffic, had it not been a special occasion I would have taken this place down. About going to this place again (Never ever) it is up to you if you were to be paying and dining at somebody else's mercy. Concept is a clear lift from MTR Bangalore (Specially the Thali) . The menu is good veg all the way slightly over priced with certain dishes which as a hotelier I can make out, service is extremely good, flawless I had a gentleman serving me who was great but this service could not over take the bitter experience I had before entering this place. Overall food Quality Very good, Service Very good need a lot of improvement on Attitude part and guest handling... I always love saying this, In Hotels & Restaurant it is the guest who bring in our salaries better treat them fair.

1 Thank Ravi V
Chennai (Madras), India
“Good food and good times”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

We went as a group of 7 and settled in quickly to have the pre set meal. Its a divine experience. But only if you have a big appetite. Its an interesting combination of North and South Indian food. But the flavours aren't so pungent that makes any one of the dishes too strong.

There is a huge ala carte selection also which is also worth every moment of waiting.

Mumbai
“Very authentic south Indian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Very traditional set-up, excellent quality of fresh food, lot of variety. Top class service (I heard that professionals like CA, engineers and doctors are serving here as humanatarian service, I salute them). Very detailed menu and you can really relax and enjoy the experience.

Visited September 2013