“Wow is a under statement”
Review of Dakshin

Dakshin
Ranked #5 of 6,702 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Price range: US$21 - US$69
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I got to read the caption written in one of the chef which reads "every creation a master piece", its so true. I visited this place with couple of japanes friends . Being a south Indian I was very convinced that I'm sitting in the best place for eating south Indian food. But the surprise was my friends from Japan were completely bold over by the indian hospitality and magic created by chef harish with south Indian food. Only instruction given to him was to make the food less spicy but he ran the extra mile to match offering to the guest best possible level. He also explained the history of each food which was like a food exhibition, my Japanese friends were truly delighted.
Food is wow and it's no surprise at dakshin. But people in restaurant are more than a wow, staff like satish, Abdul, palani and harish are true assets to the restaurant.
I just can't expect anything more from such beautiful people, the joy they create during dining is truly expectional which others hotels like taj and grand chola cannot match.
I strongly recommend this restaurant to all of those who wants to taste best south Indian and experience Indian hospitality...

1  Thank Uma V

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Coming from a staunch Tam Bram foodie, this second testimonial for DAKSHIN shows just how much I admire this eaterie. In the heart of a city that prides itself on so many varities of South Indian cuisine, with and without garlic and onions, with and without root vegetables, and a dizzying range of non vegetarian choices, DAKSHIN stands tall among all Indian restaurants in India. Over the years, they have stayed the course of their original vision while continuing to explore rarer and lesser known recipes of remote regions. I visited DAKSHIN for their LEGACY CELEBRATIONS where they marked 25 years in the city of Madras, now Chennai. The menu and service was simply superb, or as I should say SIMBLY SOOPER. Taste, presentation, aesthetics, led by Chef Praveen and his able team who take huge pride in their craft as ART should be commended. I am not recommending one particular dish since my friends dined on a vegetarian lunch. EVERYTHING ON THE MENU IS FABULOUS and the attitude is like you have come home!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

After having stayed in the States for all long time i was on the look out for some good south indian food not far from where i was staying. Dakshin gave me just what i needed. The banana dosai, the different chutneys reminded me of the age when my granny made them for me. It was home away from home. The service made it even more wonder filled. Thank you guys!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Myself and my family enjoyed a lot at DAKSHIN..An excellent service ever have seen.Food has been to the core and tasty.I like to come again to enjoy your food.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My friend suggested me Dakshin Restaurant so went there ...Really amazing and highly efficient staff who would be there to serve you in the best possible way. Having established a standered in the field of hospitality you would always cherish the homely ambience and rich varity of food.Poond Kozhumbu Awesome !!!!!The food was excellent and theservice was extraordinary.Really beautiful.:) Nobody should write bad reviews about them & anybody who do that must be mad or with overexpectation. if you'r going here have a great time. :)

1  Thank Prabhakaran_Raj