“Beautiful”

Kohinoor Asiana Hotel
Ranked #68 of 398 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Chennai (Madras), India
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The hotel looks very beautiful...went for dinning twice already and loved every thing in the buffet (me being veg the spread was not disappointing at all)...very warm and friendly staff....since shifted to our new home which is nearby would be visting here more often...yippeeee....

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
ArunRaj, Manager at Kohinoor Asiana Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all i would like to thank you for taking your time to appreciate us through tripadvisor and it is a great pleasure to get to know that you have moved in to some apartments close by to us and you like our food.

We will be more than happy to accommodate all your needs for all your next visits also and hope to see you soon, we also have a beautiful and relaxing spa which you should try to relax on your busy schedule.

Once again thank you for your beautiful comments and looking forward to welcome you back again.

Arun Raj. D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I must say I was little pissed while driving to the hotel as it was far from the city. I was just thinking where the heck is this hotel. Check in was fast but could have been better with few natural smiles. Hotel rooms are nice, big, very clean and SPA is just heaven. I think there was a manager from Thailand or something she was very nice and spoke to us. We were there for a secluded stay for leisure. Hotel is though more of a business but its decent for leisure people too. Will come back if not planning to try a new destination.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank orlandotraveler2008
ArunRaj, General Manager at Kohinoor Asiana Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to Thank you for choosing us for your weekend holiday & also to Thank you for giving your appreciations towards us by spending your valuable time via TripAdvisor.

We are right in middle of the IT Corridor (OMR) where it is convenient for all the business travelers on this side, Thank you for appreciating our services in Spa and our Spa manager Khun Ang, from Thailand and she is from Thailand and takes care of the Spa operations. I will definitely pass your appreciation to her. Our main objective in the whole hotel is to give the guest a clean and comfortable hotel and a courteous service.

This appreciation of yours will put a smile on our staff face and will strive to keep up the same standards for ever.

Will be waiting to welcome you soon in our hotel.

Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Hotel is OK.
Rooms are perfectly OK
Breakfast is OK
Service is OK
Location poor, middle of nowhere, 45 mins to Chennai centre.
Bar is OK
ERM.......can't find much else to say really. I guess its OK. Next trip i will stay at ITC Grand Chola.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Martynjw
Dear Guest

First of all i would like to Thank you for giving your appreciations towards us by spending your valuable time via Trip Advisor.

We are business hotel with comfortable rooms, excellent service, tasty food, relaxing pool and spa, varieties of restaurant for all your business needs and also for leisure sir. I am very happy to get appreciated from you that our hotel, rooms, breakfast, services & Bar all are good.

I understand that we are in the middle of the IT corridor where all the business travelers to these companies feel that they are closer to the office. but we are 30 mins away from the city center.

Thank you very much for your appreciations on our services and product, & i will be happy to welcome you personally while you come to Chennai and i hope our people and services will bring you back to us very soon.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Excellent service,great ambiance, good food and lounge, excellent fitness facilities, nice pool and very accommodating to guest requests. Located near many IT companies, great for both Business and personal travel. Been here 4 times and never disappointed.

My goto place for visits to Chennai!

Room Tip: I had the room facing the fountain, was nice
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Its a very motivating appreciation you have given to my team, Appreciations like this will make my team to do their best, I am very happy that you have commented on every aspects of our hotel.

Thank you very much for giving a very positive note to start our day and hope to see you again with us to have another great experience. I would be more than happy to receive you personally next time when you are here.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Best place for a relaxed lunch with family and friends.....good ambiance ...perfect place for every one...away from city ...calm and quiet atmosphere....variety of buffet spreads....veg,non veg,sweets,cakes,ice creams,dosa,chats and all that you need for a buffet .....tasty and garam garam....right place for right money you spend... worth visiting....

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RobertRajasekaran
Dear Guest

Its a very motivating appreciation you have given to my team, Appreciations like this will make my team to do their best, I am very happy that you have commented that its a very relaxing place for lunch with family and friends.

I once again Thank you very much for giving a very positive note to encourage our team with your true kind words.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Nice hotel. The location is a little out of town but was reasonably handy for where I was working. This is a big plus in Chennai as travel can be time consuming.

The hotel is very nice, the rooms are fine, but I got the distinct impression that guests were seen as an inconvenience. This was the first time in 4 trips to India, probably staying in a dozen hotels over that time that I have not felt hugely welcomed. Indeed I would say that Indian hospitality is among the finest I have eve encountered. So what was wrong here? Hard to say.

The bar closed at midnight. We had some work to do for a meeting in he morning. We were asked to leave. My colleague took some food with her that she had not even, I took a coaster for my glass of water. This was quite unceremoniously removed from me and my colleague got "a row" for taking food ( some toasted cheese) out to the public areas where we went to finish our work. Now bear mind this is without doubt a hotel targeting business travellers, why would you do that..

When we checked out we had to wait in line while housekeeping were called to check all was in order in the rooms. I have never experienced anything like that in years of travel around the world.

I won't be hurrying back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DPF57
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Visited with my husband on business and had a wonderful time. The staff were very friendly and extremely attentive. We ate dinner almost every evening in Silk (the Thai restaurant) and my husband still talks about how much he loved the Cashew Chicken. I enjoyed spending time at the pool and spa where everyone was very welcoming. Although I don't have any direct comparisons to make with other hotels in Chennai, I would love to stay at the Asiana again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
ArunRaj, Manager at Kohinoor Asiana Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Dear Guest

Its a very motivating appreciation you have given to my team, Appreciations like this will make my team to do their best, I am very happy that our trainings to our staffs are getting fruitful when we see the appreciations that they are very friendly and extremely attentive, I will definitely pass your kind appreciation to all our 3 Thai women chefs who are from Thailand who prepares all the food in our Thai restaurant authenticity. Of course the Pool and the spa in the roof top gives you a big relief from your daily busy business schedule.

Thank you very much for giving a very positive note to start our day and hope to see you again with us to have another great experience. I would be more than happy to recieve you personally next time when you are here.