“Huge rooms, friendly management”
Review of Hotel Pradhan

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Darjeeling
Hotel Pradhan
Ranked #60 of 124 Darjeeling B&B and Inns
Bangalore
“Huge rooms, friendly management”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Hotel Pradhan is a classically vertical Darjeeling building located a bit out of the center of town (which is a good thing -- it's a quick walk to restaurants and shops but far enough out of it all so as to be a bit more peaceful). The room are quite large and have (or would have, depending on weather) amazing views. We stayed twice: the top floor rooms are a bit older but the windows that took up two entire walls and face Kanchendzonga were amazing. Also, these rooms are wood paneled and feel very "Darjeeling". The second time we were on a lower floor and the rooms were more modern but the windows only covered one wall (still, can't complain about a wall full of windows). The owners and staff were amazing and looked after our every need. During the season it's a bit costly, but I guess everything in Darjeeling is expensive at that time of year. Bathrooms are spotless, towels are fresh, and water from the geyser is piping hot.

Room Tip: top floor rooms are more picturesque with wood walls. Lower rooms are more modern.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear Sir ,
We are glad you had an enjoyable stay with us , Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Barauni
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Had put up in Hotel Pradhan, Darjeeling when I went to meet my son studying in St. Paul's Darjeeling - in April, 2013. The Room’s & Bathroom’s are big and spacious and the price at which offered is attractive. Of course they offer special discount for Parents of children studying in Darjeeling. The other advantage / disadvantage is that it is on the main road although at a bit of distance from the main Mall road - which means a little more of walking. The interiors of the hotel at places has the heritage look - which gives it an attractive feel. On the whole enjoyed my stay in Hotel Pradhan.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Mr. Chandak ,
Thank you for your review and we look foward to seeing you again.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I booked the hotel in a hurry just before reaching Darjeeling basis some of the reviews I read. I was a little skeptical having read some reviews which painted a gloomy picture. However, I am thankful that I chose this hotel. Dont go by the exterior look of this Hotel, the rooms are fabulous and very tastefully built including the decor, bathroom fittings, furniture etc. The Hotel stuff was very cordial and helpful and the owner was an absolute delight to chat with. I have travelled to far off places and as a traveller I have expereinced various type of accomodation and people and this has been absolutely amazing. Life in Darjeeling is tough and running a hotel is still tougher with scarcity of water and very limited power supply. Despite these conditions, the Pradhan's have done a good job. The Hotel is 10 mins walk from Mall and you need to inform in advance about your food requirement for the night since they dont have a running kitchen.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors offer a splendid view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Jit68, Manager at Hotel Pradhan, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Mr. Pulak ,
We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us , and thank you for such an honest review.
Jit
Jamshedpur
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My two days' staying with mother and wife in Hotel Pradhan was pleasant. Well furnished warm wooden rooms, well maintained decoration and cleanliness, ready to help and co-operative staffs. Thanks to Cleartrip

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Mr. Prabash ,
Thank you for your kind words and we hope you visit us again.
delhi
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I stayed from 26th Dec to 28th Dec, 2012 with my family. It was my life worst experience in Hotels' stay where staff was argumental, room heating in peak wintter was not enough. Chilled room will hit you badly in mind. You may feel that you are in hell. Additional blanket provided with heated argument, dirty room... the worst you could think of was happended, except manager behaviour was good but he was helpless due to owner instructions. I spoke to owner over phone but his behaviour was too arrogant. I understood the root cause of all management. Management is as good as owner and I stop expecting anythink than to adjust. I spoke to Cleartrip helpdesk but they couldn't do much.

If you would like to see worst hotel in Darjeeling, experience over here else stay away.

Room Tip: If you want to spoil your trip, choose Hotel Pradhan. On other hand, I expeinced Summit Norling at G...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

4 Thank bsaprofile
Hi ,
I just figured how to respond to your comment and this is to apologise for the problems you faced during your stay with us , we have rectified a number of problems and we hope we get an opportunity to host you sometime in the future .
Regards,
Jit Ptradhan

Travellers are raving about these Darjeeling hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We occupied top floor wooden room which had wonderful overview of town. The interior and decor looks sick and century old. Staff is very casual and dont depend on them. Receiption team is worse. No lift till top floor. You need to shift your luggage on your own. Take early bath, else hot water tap would go empty. Just time pass experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

2 Thank akhilesh_maheshwari
, General Manager at Hotel Pradhan, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Our top floor wooden rooms are decorated with local pinewood which is the most popular wood available in Darjeeling and it also keeps the rooms warm , however , some guests may not be used to wood as they are used to seeing marble , tiles and concrete . As far as the water situation , there is an acute shortage of water during the peak season and the guest may have been inconvenienced due to the water problem . We take pride in serving guests and our apologies for any shortcomings from our side and we will definately look into the same.
Chinsurah
Reviewed 14 December 2011

It was beautiful and awesome experience to see Kanchanjanga and Darjeeling Town from Hotel lobby. Staffs are very much helpful. Expecting to give customer service from point of view of resturant. Also expecting not to close such open air viewing point of Kanchanjanga and Darjeeling town for some hotel decoration.
Lastly I want to say I was and I will like to enjoy in future with my family by staying this hotel.

Projjal