“Three in one, best Hotel, best Restaurant and Cozy Bar”
Review of Amarjeet Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Darjeeling
Amarjeet Hotel
Ranked #52 of 99 Hotels in Darjeeling
Reviewed 17 May 2013

As I always say in my reviews on Hotels, I decide on any particular hotel to stay, by browsing through trip advisors and net and zero in on the right hotel and i have never failed in my Judgement. The same thing had happened in the case of Amarjeet hotel in Kurseong(Darjeeling).
I stayed in this Hotel from 1-5-2013 to 5-5-13( 4 nights and 5 days). I had advised the hotel well in advance about my arrival and i was given a good reception on my arrival. Before going any further on the details of the hotel, the reasons why I did not select any hotel in the heart of Darjeeling.

1. The great Himalayan railways run narrow gauge shuttle trains between Kurseong and Darjeeling which goes through in a snails space allowing you take photos or videos of the picturesque valleys it passes through. The cost of the first class fare itself is about Rs.275/- one way and it takes 2 hrs 30 minutes to reach darjeeling at that speed. cars take about 1 hour. I, being an Ex. Railway Engineer I preferred this travel for its heritage train travel.
2. I travelled for two days to darjeeling by this train and returned by 16-30 hrs train in the evening.and covering all the attraction in darjeeling
3. where as if had stayed at darjeeling I would had spent almost double the amount for the same luxury I had in this hotel plus missing the enjoyable train travel.
4. you also save that much difference in the fare from new Jalpaguri to Darjeeling.

One of the previous reviewers had already said that the external concrete building appearance is exactly opposite to a very good internal design. It is an understatement from him. I have taken photographs I will attach and also the videos, if possible to upload, which will give idea of the luxurious and tastefully decorated interiors. Initally I took Room No.104 which was road facing and very beautiful. But after two days I happened to see the Room No.101 and i immediately fell for its two big windows facing breath taking view of the deep valley below. it is more than a breath taking view. To peak it all, Probably this is the only room that has a toilet, from where, while sitting in the toilet, you can view the panoramic view of the valley below. This glass window, does not even has a screen, which is not necessary, for one has to hover in an helicopter to see you sitting in the toilet.I don't think that you can have such a view from the toilet seating any where in the world. I paid Rs.2000/- only including tax for these wonderful rooms.

As regarding the food, it was the best, all types including Punjabi and chinese foods and other continental foods also. The restaurant and bar is combined giving a very good ambience for a nice drink and delicious dinner. The Owner is a Punjabi Sikh gentleman who personally takes care of our needs. The manager and the other staff are willing to help us in any manner. Over all it was a great experience of stay in this Hotel and I have never been pampered in any other hotel the way I was treated as VIP here.

Room Tip: The best Room is Room No.101 from where you can have a breath taking view of the valley. You can hav...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gajarajan1947

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Last week, I just made my first trip to India and Darjeeling. The driver of Amarjeet Hotel picked me up from airport then started my four days journey in Darjeeling area. He was excellent at driving and hositality, which made my journey very safe and wonderful. When I checked in, the stuff of hotel were very kind, which also made me feel relaxed and comfortable. My room was pretty good, I could see beautiful view from the bed. The owner of Amarjeet is a gentle and wisdom man, who always tried to solve customers travel problem. I would like to take this chance to appreciate them again and recommend this warm place to you.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Amarjeet Hotel is very near to the Kurseong Railway station. Beautiful town with amazing tea plantations, view and rustic charm!

The Hotel is super comfortable-the rooms have been done up extremely well and the staff will go out of the way to make your stay comfortable. The rooms have all modern amenities that include flat screen TVs, clean linen and extremely neat bathrooms (which is hard to find in Hill Stations).

The food is extremely tasty, they have a bar that hosts almost all brands. The owner of the hotel is a thorough gentleman! He will go out of his way to help you, gives brilliant tips to capture all tourists attractions and more importantly make sure that your stay is absolutely comfortable.

Love the view from the room! And right outside the Hotel is the steam engine stationed, which is quite a sight!!

P.S. dont forget to meet up 2 extremely cute and super friendly dogs that are in the Hotel-Toffee and shadow. They are very playful and friendly.

Overall i loved my stay here and would recommend everyone who visits Kurseong to stay at this Hotel!!!

Room Tip: Order a king suite or queen
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rashii P
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This place turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I was a bit dubious when I arrived as the exterior of the building is plain concrete and you check in at the desk in the ground floor restaurant. The minute you go up one flight of stairs everything becomes very nice. They have put a lot of work into interior design and furnishings, in the rooms, and (somewhat uncharacteristically for inexpensive hotels India) in the hallways.

The room we had was on the 2nd floor with a fantastic view (three windows) into the valley and surprisingly quiet for the location. They happily took out a low table so a mattress could be brought in for our son to sleep on. The room had a small desk that would suit a laptop, however the nice flatscreen TV was positioned above this table so both couldn't be used at the same time.

The bathroom was a little below the standard of the rest of the room; poor finishing of fittings made it look a bit off, the door could not be opened the whole way because it would hit the toilet (only a small inconvenience) and the shower, which was fitted with a rainfall head, did not have enough pressure to use, which was a bit of a tease.

The restaurant on the ground floor produces food of a high quality and we ate all our meals from there. Indian and Chinese cuisine are the norm, and while the familiar sounding Western food often bore no resemblence to what was expected, it was still tasty and filling.

The staff were most helpful and responded to our requests quickly, and the check in and out processes went smoothly. Overall this place gets two thumbs up from me.

Room Tip: The deluxe king rooms are at the back of the building and provide an absolutely stunning view into t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Pieter R
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Hi
KURSEONG is the place for those who wants to enjoy hill but not in much crowed and in budget. We i,e. I along with my family stayed there for two days. I can say this Hotel is one of the best in the town. The service is good the foods are execelant and most importently the best is the location. rooms are spesy and with big beds. This hotel has a travel desk who can help for your side scene but they charges about Rs 50-100 extra. most importently this hotel provides 24 hour hot and cold water in bathroom. If you want to stay your week end or a ningt or 2 in route of Darjeeling this is the place you should be

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business