“Good Food,Good service”
Review of Amarjeet Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Darjeeling
Amarjeet Hotel
Ranked #41 of 97 Hotels in Darjeeling
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good Food,Good service”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel after looking on internet.We stayed in a Kings room facing the valley with a beautiful view of kurseong.The hotel staff is very cooperative and the food is awesome(punjabi).We were taken care of very well by the staff and the Owner of the hotel Mr Jaspal.Mr Jaspal made us feel very homely.We stayed on the first floor(no lifts).The hotel is very close to kurseong station,barely a few metres away.We took the hotels car fro sight seeing and the car and the chauffeur were very good.Will recommend people to stay at kurseong instead of darjeeling and to definately visit Chimney in kurseong for its breathtaking view.

3 Thank ritz677

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
mumbai
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We were planning for Darjeeling & searching for some good hotel on Tripadvisor when we came across hotel Amarjeet in Kurseong which is almost 35 km away from Darjeeling.Initially we were little apprehensive about the place then we talked to the hotel ;they assured us that this is a better place than Darjeeling.When we reached Kurseong we were glad that we chose this place.It is a beautiful place full of tea gardens much better than Darjeeling.We will recommend this place in place of Darjeeling.When you are in Kurseong there is no better place to stay than Hotel Amarjeet . It has very nice rooms ,very good service & excellent Punjabi food.We will definetly recommend Hotel Amarjeet & kurseong.

Room Tip: Kingsize deluxe rooms are with very good view.
2 Thank pradeep1965
Mumbai
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We had to cut short our trip in west Sikkim as a hotel booked in west Sikkim turned out to be disastrous and thus had to quickly book a hotel for 2 nights in Darjeeling ....as our return was via Darjeeling. We thus booked 2 nights in Amarjeet hotel after reading the reviews on tripadvisor.

The manager Mr. Kumar was very very cooperative and arranged a vehicle for our pick up.

Overall I agree with all the previous reviews except one or two.

What I agree:-
(1) The rooms are nicely done.
(2) The staff is very courteous.
(3) The food is excellent.
(4) The room service is very efficient.
(5) The hill facing view rooms were booked and we had to settle fort road facing rooms. Thus the view for us was zero.

Now very important points not clearly informed or highlighted here :-
(1) The hotel is in Kurseong which 30 kms away and it takes around one and a half hour drive from main Darjeeling.
(2) A private taxi (Sumo) for 4 people will charge around 1500 Rs (+/- 200 Rs if you bargain) in season time - one way! Alternatively you can take a share a Tata Sumo taxi which loads a minimum of 10 people before starting the journey!
(3) The hotel is opposite Kurseong Railway Station (toy train). The entire area is more like a slum area!!! It does not have any comparison to the peaceful area of Darjeeling Gandhi Road where all main hotels are located. The traffic hustle bustle and heavy honking starts as early as 7 AM and is a complete nuisance for road facing rooms. On the 2nd day while boarding our taxi we were witness to a group of taxi owners indulging in ruffian style fighting and landing blows on each other.
(4) The hotel has a restaurant cum bar on the ground floor. The access to the rooms is right thru the bar-restaurant! This is very very UNCOMFORTABLE! I have seen guys drinking liquor look in a very dirty manner towards lady guests who are passing by to go to their rooms! If i had a teenage daughter.... I would definitely not allow her to go thru that area in the evening / night.

Except for the above 4 points the Hotel is excellent. but the comparison of this hotel v/s hotels on Gandhi road etc in main Darjeeling is incorrect. We stayed in a hotel in main darjeeling after spending 2 nights here and there is a genuine vast difference.

To summarise correctly :-

1. Excellent option for a group of youngsters who are on a budget travel!
2. Good option for a couple of friends to stay.
3. Average option for a married couple owing to access road to the rooms, the slum type area surrounding the hotel and distance from main Darjeeling.
4. Would not recommend the hotel for a family with teenage daughters again owing to the access road thru the bar-restaurant and the slum area surrounding.

Note that for the management of the hotel, they are doing a good job, the minuses are all related to location. Yes the management must rethink on the access road to the rooms.

6 Thank Pinesh
Darjeeling, India
Reviewed 3 June 2013

one of the oldest hotels in kurseong. being an oldest it has moved on with times with introducing modern amenities and facilities. the hotel has beautiful rooms providing beautiful scene of the valley below with lush tea garden. the food is also amazing with nice staff and manager . over all a great place to spend a vacation.

Room Tip: best place to stay with a less pinch on pocket.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 17 May 2013

As I always say in my reviews on Hotels, I decide on any particular hotel to stay, by browsing through trip advisors and net and zero in on the right hotel and i have never failed in my Judgement. The same thing had happened in the case of Amarjeet hotel in Kurseong(Darjeeling).
I stayed in this Hotel from 1-5-2013 to 5-5-13( 4 nights and 5 days). I had advised the hotel well in advance about my arrival and i was given a good reception on my arrival. Before going any further on the details of the hotel, the reasons why I did not select any hotel in the heart of Darjeeling.

1. The great Himalayan railways run narrow gauge shuttle trains between Kurseong and Darjeeling which goes through in a snails space allowing you take photos or videos of the picturesque valleys it passes through. The cost of the first class fare itself is about Rs.275/- one way and it takes 2 hrs 30 minutes to reach darjeeling at that speed. cars take about 1 hour. I, being an Ex. Railway Engineer I preferred this travel for its heritage train travel.
2. I travelled for two days to darjeeling by this train and returned by 16-30 hrs train in the evening.and covering all the attraction in darjeeling
3. where as if had stayed at darjeeling I would had spent almost double the amount for the same luxury I had in this hotel plus missing the enjoyable train travel.
4. you also save that much difference in the fare from new Jalpaguri to Darjeeling.

One of the previous reviewers had already said that the external concrete building appearance is exactly opposite to a very good internal design. It is an understatement from him. I have taken photographs I will attach and also the videos, if possible to upload, which will give idea of the luxurious and tastefully decorated interiors. Initally I took Room No.104 which was road facing and very beautiful. But after two days I happened to see the Room No.101 and i immediately fell for its two big windows facing breath taking view of the deep valley below. it is more than a breath taking view. To peak it all, Probably this is the only room that has a toilet, from where, while sitting in the toilet, you can view the panoramic view of the valley below. This glass window, does not even has a screen, which is not necessary, for one has to hover in an helicopter to see you sitting in the toilet.I don't think that you can have such a view from the toilet seating any where in the world. I paid Rs.2000/- only including tax for these wonderful rooms.

As regarding the food, it was the best, all types including Punjabi and chinese foods and other continental foods also. The restaurant and bar is combined giving a very good ambience for a nice drink and delicious dinner. The Owner is a Punjabi Sikh gentleman who personally takes care of our needs. The manager and the other staff are willing to help us in any manner. Over all it was a great experience of stay in this Hotel and I have never been pampered in any other hotel the way I was treated as VIP here.

Room Tip: The best Room is Room No.101 from where you can have a breath taking view of the valley. You can hav...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gajarajan1947
Kyoto, Japan
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Last week, I just made my first trip to India and Darjeeling. The driver of Amarjeet Hotel picked me up from airport then started my four days journey in Darjeeling area. He was excellent at driving and hositality, which made my journey very safe and wonderful. When I checked in, the stuff of hotel were very kind, which also made me feel relaxed and comfortable. My room was pretty good, I could see beautiful view from the bed. The owner of Amarjeet is a gentle and wisdom man, who always tried to solve customers travel problem. I would like to take this chance to appreciate them again and recommend this warm place to you.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Amarjeet Hotel is very near to the Kurseong Railway station. Beautiful town with amazing tea plantations, view and rustic charm!

The Hotel is super comfortable-the rooms have been done up extremely well and the staff will go out of the way to make your stay comfortable. The rooms have all modern amenities that include flat screen TVs, clean linen and extremely neat bathrooms (which is hard to find in Hill Stations).

The food is extremely tasty, they have a bar that hosts almost all brands. The owner of the hotel is a thorough gentleman! He will go out of his way to help you, gives brilliant tips to capture all tourists attractions and more importantly make sure that your stay is absolutely comfortable.

Love the view from the room! And right outside the Hotel is the steam engine stationed, which is quite a sight!!

P.S. dont forget to meet up 2 extremely cute and super friendly dogs that are in the Hotel-Toffee and shadow. They are very playful and friendly.

Overall i loved my stay here and would recommend everyone who visits Kurseong to stay at this Hotel!!!

Room Tip: Order a king suite or queen
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends