“Memorable Summer Vacation”
Review of Fairmont Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Darjeeling
Fairmont Hotel
Ranked #56 of 97 Hotels in Darjeeling
New Delhi, India
“Memorable Summer Vacation”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed there for five days and I sincerely ended up wishing we could have extended our vacation. The rooms are spacious, airy and its always a pleasure to return and see the bed nicely made and fresh towels laid out. The staff is extremely helpful and trustworthy as most of the time I've left my luggage unpacked and even on the last day when I accidentally left my shampoo and chocolates behind, the household staff came running after me to return it. The location is also very convenient as we could just walk around and discover Darjeeling a little bit on foot without always calling for a cab.Special mention to the lovely cat and the stray dog Julie who has comfortably made her home on the reception area sofa.
And Mr. Jeff Mistry, this trip wouldn't have been so memorable without you. You made everyday in Darjeeling worth it. Can't wait to be back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Stayed in the hotel for Two nights with my family. We had taken three rooms in the second floor, where the view was good. I will go with the pros and cons.

Pros:
1. The rooms were spacious and neat.
2. The View from the rooms are good
3. All shopping places and markets are in walk able distance
4. Hot water 24/7
5. Travel Desk available
6. All the staff were very pleasant and help full

Cons:
1)Restaurant is not available but they get food from outside for us.

To add further I would appreciate Mr.Jeff who takes good care of the Guests and for his efforts. I would suggest the hotel for all kinds of Travelers and Darjeeling a MUST SEE place in India.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Kolkata
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my 4 nights staying with my family here at Fairmont in the month of April 2013. The view from the window was fascinating and so also the room atmosphere. The owner and the staffs were very cooperative and responsive..they always took real care of our need and requirements with smiling faces..It's precisely located in between the Mall and the Big Bazar area where most of the shops and quality restaurants are around in plenty..I visited many hotels in the Hills so far but very few of those took a space in remembrance along with the place..I strongly recommend Darjeeling as 'A Must Visit' place and Fairmont as 'A Must Stay' once and get addicted for ever.

Room Tip: Try to take the rooms facing the hills and not close to the adjacent roads for a quieter experience
2 Thank JayantaKolkata
Arunachal Pradesh
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stayed at the Hotel for 3 nights with my family and the stay was pleasant with clean room, washroom and functional geyser. The hotel is best for those travelling on budget. The mall is close by and also all the shopping areas and the Rink Mall.

The only minus problem was the food at the hotel as, they get the food from other restaurant. But on the brighter side, we got to eat dinner and lunch at all the different restaurant everyday.

Special mention for the manager Mr. Jeff. He was helpful and friendly. Hope everyone has as pleasant stay as ours.

2 Thank Sunshine912
Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Stayed at the hotel for three days in April 2013. It is located close to the Mall and walking distance to good restaurants and shopping. The hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms and bathrooms were big. Good for family and base for touring Darjeeling. Would recommend to everyone.

2 Thank Binaj
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

The guy in the reception is okey. He speaks good english and provide quick answers to questions. Big local knowledge. Room is nice everything was working. Nice view. I can recomend without doing the wave.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Kelli8a
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Rooms are good. Geezer are available here. You can take fresh air from your room. But I had a great problem there. Some of there employees are not good. They behave badly with us. The owner being very rude with us. When I asked him to return my passport early, he said as it is Bangladeshi passport, it is useless. He has some customers who gave him diplomatic passport. He threw my passport as like my passport is useless. So I'll never ever go there again.

Room Tip: Hill view rooms are the best for travelers so that they can view the morning scene and can take the...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family